Make America Great Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post

Good reply. What did you find on Obama's military experience. Me think, the poster speaks with forked tongue.
    Obama's military service? Probably limited to the men's room.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by R.N. Armstrong View Post

I believe Trump wants to redress our trade imbalance which hurts our economy and military readiness, both of which are necessary to pursue our national interests. The trade imbalances are so great, I believe there will not be a trade war. Trump is not a politician, but he understands economics, and he has very good advisers for military and national security. And he listens to them, then makes a decision. Obama did not listen to them. He would not even read the daily Intelligence summary from the CIA. Additionally, Obama had no interest in international affairs outside of apologizing for our country, not backiing up a red line in Syria, did not nothing on Russia taking Crimea/invading Ukraine, and making a horrible deal with Iran. He was not qualified to be a President who should have good understanding in the American economy and national security. Trump with a high IQ is a quick study and seeks qualified, experienced advisers.

I have often thought one could judge military commanders by the staff which he surrounds himselves. The classic example is Napoleon's loss of Bertha and Soult's missteps at Waterloo, I think the same relationship is valid with a President and his staff.
      Have to disagree with you on this. Obama did the best he could. What else could he do in Syria, Ukraine and Iran ? There was not that much options on the table and he choose those which didn't implicated deaths of Americans. Notice that Trump didn't changed much those policies apart the Iran deal which was imho for the internal consumption. And when it comes to his advisers... Bolton, Pompeo and other are everything but very good advisers.
      There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

I can accept the benefit of being unpredictable when you face an adversary. But being unpredictable with allies is not beneficial. One needs to have some level of credibility in the international arena. it is hard to argue that one can make any nation "great again" by undermining its reputation as a reliable partner. And in the context of this post, allies for me are these trade partners whose labor laws and wages are not a threat to the interests of the average American worker.
        Allies should sometimes see that you can do without them and that you remain strong even alone. Looks like that Trump wants to show the other countries and his supporters that US can do it all by itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Have to disagree with you on this. Obama did the best he could. What else could he do in Syria, Ukraine and Iran ? There was not that much options on the table and he choose those which didn't implicated deaths of Americans. Notice that Trump didn't changed much those policies apart the Iran deal which was imho for the internal consumption. And when it comes to his advisers... Bolton, Pompeo and other are everything but very good advisers.
          I certainly agree with the bold part. I can also add an additional reason of concern about Trump's advisors. It is an organizational issue which creates the ground for group thinking since Trump has decided to surround himself with too many people of military background . So, instead of having an organization which encourages a healthy IMO clash of ideas between proponents of "soft power" in the State Department and the military in the DOD, we saw at first a deliberate attempt to weaken the State Department under Tillerson,and now we see it coming under the control of a person who ironically was previously a Director in the Intelligence Community which is not to be trusted because of its bias, according to what Armstrong tells us.

Last edited by pamak; 15 Jun 18, 03:44.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

By the way, I want to make clear that I agree with Armstrong that there is bias within the intelligence community. Where we disagree is that I do not see how such bias makes this community less trustworthy than the one of the DOD's generals (which also has bias) , and certainly cannot see how it makes the intelligence community less trustworthy than Trump who during one of his public speech as a presidential candidate invited Russians to find Clinton's emails, and did so at a time (about a week apart ) after his son expressed in private emails the hope to get the help of people who claimed that they worked for the Russian government, and arranged secret meetings. I think such expectations reveal a very strong pro-Russian bias within the Trump administration. I also do not believe that such actions can be excused by arguing that Trump wanted to improve the US relations with Russia. One can engage in diplomacy with the Russians (or the Soviets in the past) without inviting them to meddle with the US elections.
            Last edited by pamak; 15 Jun 18, 03:56.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

It's nearly impossible that Russia had any impact on US elections. Russia was unable to prevent color revolutions in ex-Soviet countries. How it would be possible to influence US elections in a an extremely more difficult environment ?

Comment

It's nearly impossible that Russia had any impact on US elections. Russia was unable to prevent color revolutions in ex-Soviet countries. How it would be possible to influence US elections in a an extremely more difficult environment ?
                By finding the dirty laundry of Trump's political opponent. The issue here is not to convince the US public to accept a Soviet rule, so I do not see your examples as being relevant. Obviously such an attempt also would not end well in the US. The issue was about giving support to a local candidate who seemed to be better for the Russian interests.
                And this task was much easier especially when there was willingness to accept such help.
                Last edited by pamak; 15 Jun 18, 04:16.

Comment

May I ask,

how will this new and "greater" America distinguish itself from the previous model ?

What exactly would you all like to see changed ?

As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question: how much money will it bring in?

Alexis de Tocqueville
                  High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

By finding the dirty laundry of Trump's political opponent. The issue here is not to convince the US public to accept a Soviet rule, so I do not see your examples as being relevant. Obviously such an attempt also would not end well in the US. The issue was about giving support to a local candidate who seemed to be better for the Russian interests.
                    The dirty laundry of Hillary was well known before the run started. She did so much ugly stuff, that it was simply impossible to miss it. Now add to this the dislike of Obama and Democrat policies, and it becomes very clear why she lost. Dems had the chance to choose Bernie or another candidate instead of the witch but they didn't.

Comment

The dirty laundry of Hillary was well known before the run started. She did so much ugly stuff, that it was simply impossible to miss it. Now add to this the dislike of Obama and Democrat policies, and it becomes very clear why she lost. Dems had the chance to choose Bernie or another candidate instead of the witch but they didn't.
                      There is a difference between rumors and rumors which are backed by actual scripts which show the dirty laundry.

There was a reason why Trump Jr and Trump's campaign manager together with Kushner were willing to talk to Russians who claimed (accurately or not) that they had damaging information about Hillary. And this reason was that such information was perceived to be beneficial for Trump. So, if these people within the Trump administration perceived this information in such way, why should we not accept that Putin and his advisors would also see the advantage that Trump's campaign could get by having specific information abut Hillary's dirty laundry?

Comment

There is a difference between rumors and rumors which are backed by actual scripts which show the dirty laundry.

There was a reason why Trump Jr and Trump's campaign manager together with Kushner were willing to talk to Russians who claimed (accurately or not) that they had damaging information about Hillary. And this reason was that such information was perceived to be beneficial for Trump. So, if these people within the Trump administration perceived this information in such way, why should we not accept that Putin and his advisors would also see the advantage that Trump's campaign could get by having specific information abut Hillary's dirty laundry?
                        IF it happened, it certainly helped the Trump campaign. On the other side, since all of this dirty laundry is real, what is the difference who brought this up ? She is an ugly personage and it's good that she was exposed for who she is.

Comment

... what is the difference who brought this up ?
                          well you don't want foreign trolls messing with the minds of your electorate,

you want your own trolls to do that, that's democracy
                          High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

well you don't want foreign trolls messing with the minds of your electorate,

you want your own trolls to do that, that's democracy
                            One of many traits that Americans and Russians have in common, it's to believe that other doesn't have the right to do the same stuff with them as they do with others.

Comment

They do deserve eachother yes.

Comment

The Intelligence Community is not only biased, it works for Deep State, against America :Mueller's deputy has said publicly on the DS TV station (CNN) that they would kill Trump .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X