Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mueller worries Russia could use court case to spy on probe

Translation:
    Mueller wants to void all defendants’ rights guaranteed by the Constitution and have a good old fashion Kangaroo court followed by a swift lynching.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...upR?li=BBnb7Kz
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Yea, sure. What Mueller's worried about is that all his "secret" stuff is going to see the light of day now because of this case and US courts and judges demanding full discovery and disclosure.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Mueller's cases are falling apart like a $5 suit in the rain.

Comment

OTOH, what his investigation has exposed so far is how inept the FBI and CIA leadership is.
      So far, both Comey and Clapper admit they knew about Russian attempts to interfere in our election but they couldn’t or wouldn’t do anything about it.
      Comey and Clapper......sounds like characters in a Laurel and Hardy skit....
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

I think both of them fully expected Hillary to win and were more interested in keeping their jobs than they were in doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          I think both of them fully expected Hillary to win and were more interested in keeping their jobs than they were in doing them.
          That may very well be true, but knowing a crime is being committed and doing nothing about it is a violation of their oaths of Office.
          I’m sure Comey is proud that he single handedly took down Martha Stewart, it was his shining moment, getting that hardened crime boss who “lied to the FBI”.
          I know I felt much safer not watching her making high calorie deserts.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

That may very well be true, but knowing a crime is being committed and doing nothing about it is a violation of their oaths of Office.
            I’m sure Comey is proud that he single handedly took down Martha Stewart, it was his shining moment, getting that hardened crime boss who “lied to the FBI”.
            I know I felt much safer not watching her making high calorie deserts.
            Their oaths of office were worth the paper they weren't written on (they were verbal). Both were looking for a good retirement as many civil "servants" do.

Comment

Predictable pro Muller ranting in 5...4....3....
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I'm actually laughing at this. How dumb do they think we are?
                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

One of the problems with government bureaucracies is that lacking objective measures for performance such as competition or profit performance measures tend to be subjective. The head of a bureaucracy can use completions of internally generated goals, what has come to be known as mission statements, to measure success even if reaching those objectives have little tangible benefit and the processes are not cost effective. Looking at the Mueller investigation from this light it is easy to see how only a little cognitive dissonance is needed for people inside the government to not notice that Mueller investigation is not serving any tangible purpose. The whole investigation seems to based on the unsubstantiated theory that Russia had any meaningful influence on the election. Unfortunately while institutions that have a bottom line cannot afford to indulge in unsubstantiated theory the same is not true of government bureaucracies.

I'm not suggesting that government should be ran like a business. You can't put a price tag on justice or human rights. Such abstract principles are difficult to reduce to accountant's balance sheet.

What I'm suggesting is that the nature of government bureaucracies makes them inherently prone to delusional objectives. A lifetime of emergence in this kind of environment reduces the leadership's ability to objectively evaluate their own and their agencies performance. The Mueller investigation is exactly the kind of madness you would expect in a world devoid of concrete measures for purpose and meaning.

Government bureaucracies are not alone in being susceptible to delusional measures of success. Wall Street, some parts of the banking industry, artistic, entertainment, media and large tech companies working in environments that are abstract or subjective suffer the same fate. The cure is unfortunately as metaphysical as the disease requiring a shared grand narrative and ethic.

​​​​​​​The culture wars are exactly about what that grand narrative and ethic should be. Mueller is and has always been on the wrong side of the culture war as well as many conservatives. Once you start seeing the state and not the individual as the fundamental ethical center you have slipped into the dark side.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    Translation:
                    Mueller wants to void all defendants’ rights guaranteed by the Constitution and have a good old fashion Kangaroo court followed by a swift lynching.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...upR?li=BBnb7Kz
                    Mueller's worried that he is going to get his a$$ handed to him on live TV. He's not exactly a great trial lawyer, and he has squat for evidence.

But mainly he's worried about the gravy train drying up.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Mueller is also worried about Martians reading his thoughts...

Geez, what a piece of work this guy is.
                      The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                        I'm actually laughing at this. How dumb do they think we are?
                        Do you really want an answer to that question?

We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

It is interesting that you lot decry the use of such news outlets as the Washington Post when it is used to illustrate material that you disagree with, but when you wish to illustrate something you also use it. That's hypocrisy at its best. Well done.
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            It is interesting that you lot decry the use of such news outlets as the Washington Post when it is used to illustrate material that you disagree with, but when you wish to illustrate something you also use it. That's hypocrisy at its best. Well done.
                            Deflection is an art and you are becoming a zen master in it.

Comment

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X