Armed citizen kills shooter at Oklahoma City restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthrax View Post

I never said he would or would not. It's possible he prevented additional shootings, though unlikely. He walked into a restaurant, pulled out a gun, shot a mother and daughter sitting together and left. What does that tell you? Don't need a magic ball for that.
    It doesn't tell you anything. How the hell would you know he wouldn't look through the next window to pick his victims?
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

True enough. People will always find a way. However, on an annual basis how many people die by guns or die by gasoline and a book of matches?

When you do your calculation, don't forget to include today's school shooting.
      Last I heard, the two victims of today's shootings didn't die.
      Likely more died of gang shootings (especially in Chicago) on any given day or monthly average.

Comment

So, this man can read minds? If he had been 5 feet away, likely they would still be shot, he just would have been dead 'before' leaving instead of after.
        I highly doubt he can, but apparently you can...judging from your comments...or at the very least you have a crystal ball. I guess it would just gall the heck out of you to have to admit that a civilian was able to defend people with a legally carried firearm, rather than have to depend upon the government to do it for them.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Last I heard, the two victims of today's shootings didn't die.
          Likely more died of gang shootings (especially in Chicago) on any given day or monthly average.
          But, carrying a firearm in public in Chicago is illegal...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

But, carrying a firearm in public in Chicago is illegal...
            These two men were licensed to carry. The real point about this shooting is that the shooter was another sicko with a history of mental illness.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

These two men were licensed to carry. The real point about this shooting is that the shooter was another sicko with a history of mental illness.
              Yes, yes... The Progressive idea that the mentally ill can be left to their own devices and run around in open society with little supervision because there's a pill for their condition that if they bother to take it might make them "normal" enough to function without problems... Then they add in that to avoid stigmatizing the mentally ill their records are off limits to everybody so there's no telling who's normal and who's a squirrel with a gun...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Yes, yes... The Progressive idea that the mentally ill can be left to their own devices and run around in open society with little supervision because there's a pill for their condition that if they bother to take it might make them "normal" enough to function without problems... Then they add in that to avoid stigmatizing the mentally ill their records are off limits to everybody so there's no telling who's normal and who's a squirrel with a gun...
                And that doesn't bother you? It certainly bothers me, having seen firsthand for years what some of these whackos can do to the public. I have a BIG problem with laws that circumvent the safety of the public at large in favor of the" rights" of the demented few. I believe, and always will believe, that a nation's first duty is to protect it's law-abiding citizens and to prevent the criminal element from running amok.

Maybe it's time to go back to the past where menfolk wore guns as a matter of course.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And that doesn't bother you? It certainly bothers me, having seen firsthand for years what some of these whackos can do to the public. I have a BIG problem with laws that circumvent the safety of the public at large in favor of the" rights" of the demented few. I believe, and always will believe, that a nation's first duty is to protect it's law-abiding citizens and to prevent the criminal element from running amok.

Maybe it's time to go back to the past where menfolk wore guns as a matter of course.

Of course it bothers me. I've long said we should go back to having institutions that house and take care of these people rather than let them run loose. We should have people checking behind those who are mentally ill making sure they're taking meds. If all that's in place and working, fine, let those who can function in society otherwise do so. Also, with firearms, let's err on the side of caution and make it easy to put someone who is mentally unstable on the list, but with careful provisions that allow them to get off without having to spend the next 5 years with a lawyer fighting the government.
                  No more secret "No Fly" lists...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X