Concerning Armed Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I have the same problem. Everyone else on my Ignore list is invisible, but I've tried putting him on and taking him off a dozen times and still it isn't working. In the meantime I report every one of his posts as personal attacks and race-baiting. If you can't work it one way, go another.
    I don't want to bother the mods with what they already know, though. I'm in a foul mood today, lots of issues and I probably shouldn't have responded to him, but his posts are just so...intolerant and inaccurate and grating and trollish, at all times.

But I'm done for the evening, so I'll pick this up again next week. Hopefully the ignore feature is working again, by then.
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• There is no reason to derail this thread with chit-chat about irrelevant issues and the obsession of some people with my visible posts. Since this thread is not about the new forum's ignore function problem, back to the last RELEVANT post.

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

I don't need to explain my position. I already did and
      my point is clearly stated in that post.
      The fact that you don't seem to be able to grasp my point isn't my problem.
      You did not explain and defend your position after I challenged it and explained my counterpoint to you!

The part in bold from my previous post (# 102) with my reasoning of why your initial position was flawed is basically the same thing I said in my post #90.
      Since my #90 post, your only responses have been in post #96 in which you wrote a single sentence saying

My original point remains logical. It only becomes illogical when you change what I said.
      But keep trying.
      and your other response has been in your last post (#103) in which you wrote three sentences to argue that you have already explained your position.

In other words, it is obvious that without even bothering to address my counterpoints, you revert back to your original point. So, you are not conducting a conversation or debate. You are just delivering a monologue which avoids a class of arguments!
      Last edited by pamak; 01 Jun 18, 17:40.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post

I don't want to bother the mods with what they already know, though. I'm in a foul mood today, lots of issues and I probably shouldn't have responded to him, but his posts are just so...intolerant and inaccurate and grating and trollish, at all times.

But I'm done for the evening, so I'll pick this up again next week. Hopefully the ignore feature is working again, by then.
        Yeah, it's annoying, but the mods are on it, so it is a temporary issue. Enjoy your evening!
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

I am simply waiting for the "official" reaction, and prefer for the time being to say nothing else...
          That lasted what eight minutes???
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE PERSONAL COMMENTARY.

If you have someone on ignore and that feature is not yet fully functional yet, it is not rocket science to scroll past his/her post. Why aggregate yourself by replying and then getting into a tit-for-tat personal exchange?

If someone that you were not addressing replies to your post, you have the option of not replying and avoiding said tit-for-tat personal exchange. That is counter-ignoring and silence very often is more powerful than words.

Given that many of our forum functions and features have not been sorted out completely yet due to the massive efforts to get us back online ASAP, ACG Staff will issue just a warning to cease and desist in the misconduct on both sides and that third party that wanted to pile on.

Any further infractions will produce at least one if not two or more members selected by ACG Staff to test if the CLOSED THREAD or BAN functions are working properly.

Anyone that steps up to volunteer shall only have oneself to blame as you all have now been properly warned.

ACG Staff
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

• And now when everybody has calmed down, back to the regular program....

I don't need to explain my position. I already did and
              my point is clearly stated in that post.
              The fact that you don't seem to be able to grasp my point isn't my problem.

You did not explain and defend your position after I challenged it and explained my counterpoint to you!

The part in bold from my (# 102 post with my reasoning of why your initial position was flawed is basically the same thing I said in my post #90.

Originally posted by pamak View Post
              If murder rate is the result of multiple causes and guns possession rates is just one of them, then it IS possible to have higher gun possession rates and lower murder rates. So the fact that we have higher gun possession and lower murder rates cannot be used as a counterargument to prove that guns are not a cause for the murders we have. The fact that you used such counterarguments betrays your view that guns are the sole purpose of murders, and it is this view which I challenged.

Since my #90 post, your only responses have been in post #96 in which you wrote a single sentence saying

My original point remains logical. It only becomes illogical when you change what I said.
              But keep trying.
              and your other response has been in your last post (#103) in which you wrote three sentences to argue that you have already explained your position (as I have quoted at the beginning of this post) .

In other words, it is obvious that without even bothering to address my counterpoints, you revert back to your original point. So, you are not conducting a conversation or debate. You are just delivering a monologue which avoids a class of arguments!
              Last edited by pamak; 01 Jun 18, 22:12.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post

Your wording made it sound like you believed the second amendment was the reason the kids needed protecting. As if guns were the problem.

If you weren't saying that I apologize.
                No, I just cited the Second Amendment to illustrate the extent to which firearms are an integral component of American history and culture:- not Kid specific
                "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X