Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastor who prayed at embassy opening is 'a religious bigot', says Mitt Romney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pastor who prayed at embassy opening is 'a religious bigot', says Mitt Romney

    Robert Jeffress has made offensive remarks on Judaism and Islam


    An evangelical pastor who former presidential candidate Mitt Romney denounced as a “religious bigot” delivered a prayer at the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem on Monday.
    ...
    Romney criticised the choice of a man who has said all Jews will go to hell to deliver a blessing in Israel. Jeffress is the leader of a Dallas-area Baptist church and a spiritual adviser to Trump. He has been criticised for calling Islam and Mormonism “heresy from the pit of hell” and saying Jews “can’t be saved”. As reported by dallasnews.com, he also said Islam is “a religion that promotes paedophilia”.

    Romney, a Mormon, wrote on Twitter on Sunday: “Robert Jeffress says ‘you can’t be saved by being a Jew’ and ‘Mormonism is a heresy from the pit of hell’. He has said the same about Islam. Such a religious bigot should not be giving the prayer that opens the United States embassy in Jerusalem.”



    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mp-mitt-romney
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

    George S Patton

  • #2
    Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
    Robert Jeffress has made offensive remarks on Judaism and Islam


    An evangelical pastor who former presidential candidate Mitt Romney denounced as a “religious bigot” delivered a prayer at the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem on Monday.
    ...
    Romney criticised the choice of a man who has said all Jews will go to hell to deliver a blessing in Israel. Jeffress is the leader of a Dallas-area Baptist church and a spiritual adviser to Trump. He has been criticised for calling Islam and Mormonism “heresy from the pit of hell” and saying Jews “can’t be saved”. As reported by dallasnews.com, he also said Islam is “a religion that promotes paedophilia”.

    Romney, a Mormon, wrote on Twitter on Sunday: “Robert Jeffress says ‘you can’t be saved by being a Jew’ and ‘Mormonism is a heresy from the pit of hell’. He has said the same about Islam. Such a religious bigot should not be giving the prayer that opens the United States embassy in Jerusalem.”



    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mp-mitt-romney
    What does Mormonism say about Islam and Judaism?

    What is Islam's view of Christianity?

    I doubt that it's "we'll all sit at the table in the sky in the by and by."

    Religions are usually exclusive. If this is the way then that other way can't be the way.
    {}

    "Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        hmm in an area where religious issues are a major concern you have a Christian crusader pray at govt building (not about the guy giving the prayer just in general)

        Seems kind of stupid


        Talk about giving the bad guys free propaganda


        Think we would of been better not having any religious stuff involved in this affair

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by craven View Post
          hmm in an area where religious issues are a major concern you have a Christian crusader pray at govt building (not about the guy giving the prayer just in general)

          Seems kind of stupid


          Talk about giving the bad guys free propaganda


          Think we would of been better not having any religious stuff involved in this affair
          Not a chance. Where Jerusalem is concerned there's bound to be "religious stuff". It's regarded as a sacred city by three major religions.
          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
          Samuel Johnson.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
            Not a chance. Where Jerusalem is concerned there's bound to be "religious stuff". It's regarded as a sacred city by three major religions.
            I agree, there is no way to keep religion out of this, but I still say it is up to Israel to designate their Capital and up to the US to decide where their Embassy in this Country should be and the UN and Countries that don't like the decision should butt out and shut the fu-k up, it is none of their business, why is there even a discussion about this, not only on this forum, but in the World, I just don't understand, end of story!
            Last edited by Trung Si; 14 May 18, 20:57.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

            Comment


            • #7
              Mitt Romney...LOL.

              More hatred and intolerance from the OP.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                Mitt Romney...LOL.

                More hatred and intolerance from the OP.
                Mitt is a whuzz, that's why he lost the election, he was an easy target for the DemocRats!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                  What does Mormonism say about Islam and Judaism?

                  What is Islam's view of Christianity?

                  I doubt that it's "we'll all sit at the table in the sky in the by and by."

                  Religions are usually exclusive. If this is the way then that other way can't be the way.
                  That was my view of it. I was raised Baptist. I know some of the nicest, most giving ministers in my home denomination. Guys who would literally show up at the hospital at 2 in the morning for someone who's not even a church member, just because they were called. Had two of them show up when Lady Tac's father was dying this past weekend.....different state, my pastor called a guy he knew from college 20 years ago and he came and provided a lot of comfort.

                  And if you asked any number of these ministers the following questions:

                  "Are Muslims going to hell"
                  "Are Mormons going to hell"

                  Their answer would be Yes. Because both sects believe in works being a route to heaven, where many Christian denominations believe that to be anathema and faith alone being the key.

                  "Are Jews going to hell"

                  There are some hardcore ones who would give an unqualified yes.....there are a lot who would qualify things, after all in the Christian faith, Jews occupy an interesting position as God's originally chosen people.
                  Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Have you ever run into conservative Baptists? They are OMG rigid religious nutjobs. That doesn't make them haters and racists however, just people who are seeped in their religious beliefs and have little tolerance for other religions. Sort of like Atheists...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                      I agree, there is no way to keep religion out of this, but I still say it is up to Israel to designate their Capital and up to the US to decide where their Embassy in this Country should be and the UN and Countries that don't like the decision should butt out and shut the fu-k up, it is none of their business, why is there even a discussion about this, not only on this forum, but in the World, I just don't understand, end of story!
                      Agreed. An embassy is something decided between two countries, and not something that is decided by others. For instance, Iran has no embassy in the US, but rather has a consular office within the Pakistani Embassy, and that's an arrangement that works for the countries involved it seems.

                      If the US wants its embassy in Jerusalem and the Israelis approve, then they can have it there. If France would like its embassy in the Napa Valley and the US approved, it can be there. Third parties are uninvolved, extraneous, and meddlesome.
                      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Have you ever run into conservative Baptists? They are OMG rigid religious nutjobs. That doesn't make them haters and racists however, just people who are seeped in their religious beliefs and have little tolerance for other religions. Sort of like Atheists...
                        I am a Conservative Southern Baptist and I have never been a nutjop, and never will be one, my religion has nothing to do with my politics and never will have, and never will!
                        Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          I am a Conservative Southern Baptist and I have never been a nutjop, and never will be one, my religion has nothing to do with my politics and never will have, and never will!
                          Agreed. However, as a Southern Baptist (I'm a Free Will Baptist, so we're religiously cousins), you'd likely agree that neither Islam nor Momonism maintains as the means of salvation receiving divine grace through faith by confessing your status as a sinner before your Lord and asking for his forgiveness and salvation......and not of works. Hence, lest they did something decidedly outside their religion, Mormons and Muslims would by the Baptist faith be "busting hell wide open".

                          Doesn't make anyone a nutjob. It's a difference of religious opinion and faith, and why there are umpteen thousand religions out there. And with the exceptions of a very rare nutjob, Baptists would be sadly hopeful that adherents to both other religions would see the truth and come to repentence and faith.
                          Last edited by TacCovert4; 14 May 18, 21:47.
                          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nobody cares about Mitt Romney. His approval rating is -.004%.
                            "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

                            "It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That First Amendment stuff will really bite people on the butt, won't it?

                              Funny, in a way, because overall the Mormon Church is highly bigotted and for the longest time excluded non-whites entirely. Guess Romney forgot his church history.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X