Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mueller is off the reservation...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Aber View Post

    The National Security Adviser is a minnow now?

    5 confessions of guilt already.......

    Nothing to see here folks.

    Comment


    • #47
      The National Security Adviser is a warmonger who wouldn't put himself on the line when his turn came...another coward just like the president.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Aber View Post

        The National Security Adviser is a minnow now?
        For what? All of a month...? Besides, as I pointed out, the charges are minimal. The only serious ones to date are against Manafort for stuff totally unrelated to the Russia investigation.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post


          5 confessions of guilt already.......

          Nothing to see here folks.
          Until you look at what they plead to. Then there's the fact you are just wrong. Only Papadoplous and Flynn have actually made plea deals for lying under oath. Manafort and his business partner Gates, have plead not guilty and are moving to trial for their charges totally unrelated to the Mueller investigation, while Cohen really hasn't even been charged with anything.

          So, that's two minor plea deals for lying to the FBI.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

            Until you look at what they plead to. Then there's the fact you are just wrong. Only Papadoplous and Flynn have actually made plea deals for lying under oath. Manafort and his business partner Gates, have plead not guilty and are moving to trial for their charges totally unrelated to the Mueller investigation, while Cohen really hasn't even been charged with anything.

            So, that's two minor plea deals for lying to the FBI.
            Do keep up...
            Trump campaign aide Rick Gates pleads guilty in Mueller investigation
            https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/23/p...sia/index.html

            Of course, the core of the charges against Manafort is the amount of undeclared income from Russian backed sources.

            Flynn, and adviser to Trump many months before the election, has made a plea deal on one charge, but it seems fairly obvious that there are other things that he could have been charged with if he hadn't entered a guilty plea.

            As for Cohen, the information about the amount of cash he solicited makes it fairly unlikely that he will remain uncharged.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Massena View Post
              The National Security Adviser is a warmonger who wouldn't put himself on the line when his turn came...another coward just like the president.
              So you have proof of a conviction of draft dodging in either case?

              'It is odd to me how so many men who have achieved so much are hated by those who have achieved so little' S. Clements
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                So, that's two minor plea deals for lying to the FBI.
                And said falsehoods were on topics unrelated to the investigation at hand.

                Pretty small results for millions of dollars of the tax payers money.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Another Trump gift to the special counsel via the attorney general-more possible obstruction of justice:

                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
                  We are not now that strength which in old days
                  Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                  Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                  To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

                    So you have proof of a conviction of draft dodging in either case?

                    'It is odd to me how so many men who have achieved so much are hated by those who have achieved so little' S. Clements
                    You don't need to be convicted to be a draft dodger-avoiding military service on purpose, which is what Trump did, is draft dodging-like it or lump it.
                    We are not now that strength which in old days
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Massena View Post

                      You don't need to be convicted to be a draft dodger-avoiding military service on purpose, which is what Trump did, is draft dodging-like it or lump it.
                      What's your definition of "draft dodger?"

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Massena View Post

                        You don't need to be convicted to be a draft dodger-avoiding military service on purpose, which is what Trump did, is draft dodging-like it or lump it.
                        Nope. He got a doctor's deferment, which is acceptable under the law. And we are a nation under the rule of law, not the petty opinions of the mob.

                        No matter how much you hate the nation or the system, everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Trump's deferment was accepted by the Selective Service.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                          What's your definition of "draft dodger?"
                          Apparently when a member of the GOP didn't serve.
                          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            The "draft-dodger" charge is very specious in most cases. This being a military history board, I'd think that most people here would know in the US that anywhere from 30 to 50% of all draftees are rejected for service. That was true in WW 1 and 2, and even in earlier drafts. The most common reasons were medical issues. A common one was having an STD. Mental incompetence was another. Yes, you could be too stupid to be drafted. The highest rates of rejection were the large urban areas and cities on the two coasts, and the deep South.

                            So, Cheney was not a "draft dodger." He had medical conditions related to his heart that got him rejected, among other reasons. On the other hand, Bill Clinton was a draft dodger. He signed up for ROTC in Arkansas and the second he got his deferment, he dropped the program. That is a clear example of gaming the system to avoid the draft.

                            In Trump's case the bone spur / foot issue may or may not be real. I don't know, and I seriously doubt anyone here can prove whether it is medically accurate or not. But, Trump was medically deferred as a result. Not that uncommon.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              [QUOTE=craven;n462281


                              Granted if he pulls of a good deal with NK he wins maybe[/QUOTE]



                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                In Trump's case the bone spur / foot issue may or may not be real. I don't know, and I seriously doubt anyone here can prove whether it is medically accurate or not. But, Trump was medically deferred as a result. Not that uncommon.
                                Nor illegal, except to the self-proclaimed judges of courage.
                                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X