• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portrait of a Sychophant

George Will is not too find of the vice-president:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/polit...nce/index.html
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

I recall watching numerous George Will segments on Fox News. This is interesting news and a surprise to hear Will be so overly critical of Trump and Pence in a public fashion.

Will's whole column is worth reading but two chunks stand out to me.

Here's the first:

"His is the authentic voice of today's lickspittle Republican Party, he clarifies this year's elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing."

And, the second:

"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic. Pence is what he has chosen to be, which is horrifying."
    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      George Will is not too find of the vice-president:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/10/polit...nce/index.html
      So, the tag team of the WaPo and CNN throw another gossip piece out for, hopefully, public consumption...

Comment

At this point I think its all about click bait. I refuse.
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

More whining about defeat and personal failure.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I guess that our resident neocons don't know who George Will is.

Comment

More like a portrait of a person driven mad by TDS. Do you realize how obsessed you guys are about trump? What's the average amount of posts that you whine about trump for no reason?

You guys need some professional help.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-liberals...yndrome-698554
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                More like a portrait of a person driven mad by TDS. Do you realize how obsessed you guys are about trump? What's the average amount of posts that you whine about trump for no reason?

You guys need some professional help.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-liberals...yndrome-698554
                If I am included in the "you guys" comment, it's a matter of physics--for every post by Massena, there is an equal and opposite post, usually by AJR or you.

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
                  I guess that our resident neocons don't know who George Will is.
                  I do. He's an op ed column writer on politics. He's been around for a long time doing that.
                  So?

Since the WaPo of late has taken a hard turn to the Left, I can see Will having to shift his columns some to avoid getting canned. Tabloids are very much about content, and if they don't like what you offer, you get asked to leave. The WaPo has become a tabloid when it comes to anything close to politics.

Comment

You mean George Will the gay Democratic liberal? Oh, next subject.

Comment

If I am included in the "you guys" comment, it's a matter of physics--for every post by Massena, there is an equal and opposite post, usually by AJR or you.
                      No you've got a little reason left and don't make every post about how trump is a ____ (fill in the blank with salacious garbage).
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        I do. He's an op ed column writer on politics. He's been around for a long time doing that.
                        So?

Since the WaPo of late has taken a hard turn to the Left, I can see Will having to shift his columns some to avoid getting canned. Tabloids are very much about content, and if they don't like what you offer, you get asked to leave. The WaPo has become a tabloid when it comes to anything close to politics.
                        Every body that disagrees with Trump has -- in your eyes -- taken a turn to the left. Have you ever thought that maybe you've taken a turn to the far right and everyone else is still moving straight?

You're a lot like Trump...if the news is critical of Trump its fake news.

It's sad really that those on the hard right are willing to walk through **** in order to defend a person, even when they know he's lied. That's the state of our politics and you are it's banner-man.

I'll be the first to admit that not everything that Trump has done is terrible, but to put up post after post to defend every action he's ever done ... we'll let's just say that the odds he's done everything perfect are greater than a single ant in Death Valley being struck by lightening.

It's really a sad state of our politics when we can't even have honest discussions. The idea that to give one single inch is to admit failure is ... frankly ... ludicrous. It's stupid really. It's why our politics are so polarized. Congress is a reflection of the people. So too, is the President. Anyone wants to know why Congress can't get anything done, only has to come here and study our posts.
                        Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

It wasn't long ago that these forums were filled with posts about Michelle Obama's weight, size, wardrobe and an array of other pointless things. Now the people who had no issue with any of that constantly cry over threads that actually pertain to politics? Whiny ass babies. If the thread bothers you and you're not willing to debate, don't post.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

redi
                            As it should be, the TDS is getting ridicilous, especially by Massena, it's almost comical, I usually don't bother unless it is over the top written as an Opinion Piece by an obvious Trump Hater, and most what Massena posts is, Trump, as much as I dislike him, is the President of the United States and not the Anti Christ that some people portray him to be, just saying.
                            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              redi
                              As it should be, the TDS is getting ridicilous, especially by Massena, it's almost comical, I usually don't bother unless it is over the top written as an Opinion Piece by an obvious Trump Hater, and most what Massena posts is, Trump, as much as I dislike him, is the President of the United States and not the Anti Christ that some people portray him to be, just saying.
                              As far as the things he is doing, and the things he is trying to do, I'll defend him in a New York Minute!
                              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X