A first in fast food: Union workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    I find it really weird that medical workers have such strange shifts.

http://www.thejournal.ie/junior-medi...61312-Jan2013/

Other demands are less easily explicable. Residents in America are expected to spend up to 80 hours a week in the hospital and endure single shifts that routinely last up to 28 hoursówith such workdays required about four times a month, on average. (Some licensed physicians continue to work similar schedules even after residency but, importantly, only because they choose to do so. The vast majority of doctors work fewer than 60 hours a week after they complete their training.) Overall, residents typically work more than twice as many hours annually as their peers in other white-collar professions, such as attorneys in corporate law firmsóa grueling schedule that potentially puts both caregivers and patients at risk. In Europe, by contrast, residents are subject to a maximum workweek of 48 hours, without apparent harm to patient care or the educational component of residencies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...edules/516639/

Now I'd like them to have a more gentle work cycle. I really want the team that does my next heart surgery to be on their game... Don't you? We really need to fix this.

Oh and nurses need to get off the crazy shifts and get decent working hours.

Seems like Major Frank Burns designed our medical system...
    Yeah, I don't get why a doctor in training has to routinely endure that rough of training.

It certainly does not seem to have any purpose. The doctor I use works office hours.

Maybe it's one of those old traditions that had a purpose fifty years ago, but is still done now because no one has ever challenged the policy.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Going to be a lot fewer fast food workers before very long, since profits drive that industry and the margin to support middle income living for low talent minimum wage work isn't there.

Nothing the unions can do to change that.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        $15 minimum wage. Geez, if only I could have had that when I was a kid.

No one deserves that much money for MINIMUM WAGE.
        time have changed, companies need to pay well to get good workers . most people that i know are all making at least double or triple this amount .

Comment

Originally posted by bill shack View Post
          time have changed, companies need to pay well to get good workers . most people that i know are all making at least double or triple this amount .
          That's bullocks then. No one deserves that much for minimum wage, entry-level jobs.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
            That's bullocks then. No one deserves that much for minimum wage, entry-level jobs.
            Deserves got nothing to do with it. No one deserves million dollar paychecks either. You just get what you bargain for, that's business.
            Wisdom is personal

Comment

That would be correct if they, in fact, got "good workers" but that wage will go to people who often can't even speak English, let alone do a good job.

More money does not make workers better. Never has, never will. That's why systems promote the truly good workers so that they earn more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Conductors live on, but as the second guy in the cab who is in charge of coms and paperwork, since the venerable caboose was replaced by the ETD.
                Guess who has to go out and fix that broken air hose..............

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
                  We've all seen Unstoppable: you need a young guy and an old guy.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Yep! And set/release the brakes, dismount and handle switches, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      We've all seen Unstoppable: you need a young guy and an old guy.
                      Grasshopper...........where do I begin?

Comment

New article just seen on OAN - a robotic coffee maker able to replace Starbuck's employees for a one-time investment of only $65,000. No more salaries, OSHA problems, health insurance, Workman's Comp, mistakes in orders...what a deal. Pay for itself in a few short weeks. Who needs people for anything?

Comment

Grasshopper...........where do I begin?
                          In the real world...something rarely experienced around here. Unstoppable ranks as one of the all-time pieces of cinematic crap ever filmed.

Comment

What line of work are your 30 and 45 dollar an hour friends in?
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                              What line of work are your 30 and 45 dollar an hour friends in?
                              Lawyers, engineers, general contractors?
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

"Medical" marijuana...?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X