Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craven View Post
    or that Kelly is doing CYA unlike Tillerson

and definitely not to the level of Dan Rather.
    Yes, it does rise to that level. Here's why:

White House chief of staff John Kelly has eroded morale in the West Wing in recent months with comments to aides that include insulting the president's intelligence and casting himself as the savior of the country, according to eight current and former White House officials.
    From NBC's article, emphasis mine.

They have unnamed "officials" at the White House as a source. What you have is the "Telephone game effect" going on here almost certainly.

That is to say, someone in NBC's newsroom either got this from some unnamed source and ran with it or simply made it up because they hate Trump with a passion. The story gets passed up the chain and embellished, checked half-assed by someone else that really wants it to be true, and in the end it gets published only to be shot down by named individuals within an hour.
    That is exactly what happened with the Rather - Bush story. A higher ranked staffer and one of her minions got the memos. Both of them despised Bush and were rooting for the Democrats. They wanted the story to be true so badly they didn't vet it properly. It just had to be true in their minds.
    This is the Pygmalion effect in action. That is, the news staffers wanted it to be true, so in their minds it became true. They disregarded reality and anything that might have led them to question the validity of the item. Then they were blindsided by the results when they ran the story.
    It isn't something new. But, given that journalists are overwhelmingly Democrats or Democrat leaning, the likelihood of their running a bogus negative story on a Republican, particularly one they hate, is much higher than it is on a Democrat. That's just how human nature is.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Yes, it does rise to that level. Here's why:

From NBC's article, emphasis mine.

They have unnamed "officials" at the White House as a source. What you have is the "Telephone game effect" going on here almost certainly.

That is to say, someone in NBC's newsroom either got this from some unnamed source and ran with it or simply made it up because they hate Trump with a passion. The story gets passed up the chain and embellished, checked half-assed by someone else that really wants it to be true, and in the end it gets published only to be shot down by named individuals within an hour.
      That is exactly what happened with the Rather - Bush story. A higher ranked staffer and one of her minions got the memos. Both of them despised Bush and were rooting for the Democrats. They wanted the story to be true so badly they didn't vet it properly. It just had to be true in their minds.
      This is the Pygmalion effect in action. That is, the news staffers wanted it to be true, so in their minds it became true. They disregarded reality and anything that might have led them to question the validity of the item. Then they were blindsided by the results when they ran the story.
      It isn't something new. But, given that journalists are overwhelmingly Democrats or Democrat leaning, the likelihood of their running a bogus negative story on a Republican, particularly one they hate, is much higher than it is on a Democrat. That's just how human nature is.
      here why not same stories during Obama time in office and typically proven to be more true than not Btw seeing some Rep pundits saying the same about Kelly (also remember Kelly appears to be on his way out and we seen this same drip drip before others have left)

wait let me clarify it same general type of story during Obama

or btw your defense sounds exactly the same as some posters during Obama
      Last edited by craven; 03 May 18, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
        here why not same stories during Obama time in office and typically proven to be more true than not Btw seeing some Rep pundits saying the same about Kelly (also remember Kelly appears to be on his way out and we seen this same drip drip before others have left)

wait let me clarify it same general type of story during Obama

or btw your defense sounds exactly the same as some posters during Obama
        Do give some examples...

Comment

Do give some examples...
          feel free to look through your own post history from that time considering I was attacking Obama at that time and you agreed with a lot of what I said back then

Comment

Except libel laws... When the Media lies about someone or something that has attached value, they can be held responsible for the results of that lie.
            Libel laws as applied to Media is vastly different then they are for the general public. It is almost impossible to win libel lawsuits against the media in the US, which explains why such lawsuits are very often filed in foreign courts.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCol View Post

Libel laws as applied to Media is vastly different then they are for the general public. It is almost impossible to win libel lawsuits against the media in the US, which explains why such lawsuits are very often filed in foreign courts.
              Yeah one of the Stormy Daniels lawsuits got tossed out because Judge said she was a political opponent hence free to be libeled. I am still in WTF mode on that onel

Comment

Here's two news stories on the same subject, one by NBC, one by FOX. They're diametrically opposed.

NBC's:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

FOX's:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Well, one of them obviously has the story wrong or is outright lying...

Kelly went on to say in the FOX version:

So, it appears NBC printed fake news or just made $h!+ up... Particularly as their version quotes "White House staff..."
                It would help if your links worked for comparison. Given the odds, it's gonna be Fox that twisted the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  Fox is a blatant Trump supporter from day one, so anything that comes from that channel should be taken with a large salt pill.
                  Fox does have a lot of opinion programs of which most of the commentators are conservative, but unlike NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, etc, they have a news department too.

{}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

And, it is a non-story. But, much of the MSM these days are running anything, no matter how trite and trivial that makes Trump look bad as headline news.
                    MSM includes FOX, fyi.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

NBC.... really?

No Body Cares.
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

There is so little difference between the various news agencies these days that it doesn't matter.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                          It would help if your links worked for comparison. Given the odds, it's gonna be Fox that twisted the truth.
                          Sometimes that happens days after posting them.

Comment

Sometimes that happens days after posting them.
                            The Fox source doesn't work. I guess they knew they lied and pulled the story. Maybe you can find it so I can give you a real opinion on who's right or wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

The Fox source doesn't work. I guess they knew they lied and pulled the story. Maybe you can find it so I can give you a real opinion on who's right or wrong.
                              I have no idea why the link doesn't work, neither do you. It doesn't work. That sometimes happens.

Comment

Such is the power of TDS that fox is now the most reliable source of news, this is not a good thing. I think it really started with Obama because nobody wanted to critique the first black president. As if we were not racist enough that we had to give someone a pass because of the color of their skin. Social engineering is proving to be a disaster in so many ways.
                                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X