Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's lying? NBC or FOX?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
    Only if Kelly's denial proves false. The rest is purely subjective: if one thinks that a chief-of-staff calling his President an "idiot" is the real meat in the story, then one is likely a Democrat -- and if one believes Gen Kelly's denial to be the real meat in the story, then one is likely a Republican. Otherwise, it's a non-story whichever way you cut it.
    Thank you, I agree.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
      Only if Kelly's denial proves false. The rest is purely subjective: if one thinks that a chief-of-staff calling his President an "idiot" is the real meat in the story, then one is likely a Democrat -- and if one believes Gen Kelly's denial to be the real meat in the story, then one is likely a Republican. Otherwise, it's a non-story whichever way you cut it.
      And, it is a non-story. But, much of the MSM these days are running anything, no matter how trite and trivial that makes Trump look bad as headline news.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        And, it is a non-story. But, much of the MSM these days are running anything, no matter how trite and trivial that makes Trump look bad as headline news.
        That's not surprising: mainstream media outlets have been doing that to Republican presidents since . . . . the days of Herbert Hoover? And Fox News has been castigating Democratic presidents since it was founded. Surely there was no shortage of trivial critiques of Obama during his eight years from Fox.

        This is the game. I can understand college kids getting all twisted in their panties over this nonsense, on account of having never seen this crap before, but what excuse can there be for people in the 40s, their 50s, their 60s? haven't they seen this comedy enough times to know the plot already?
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

        Comment


        • #19
          Nothing requires the Media to tell the truth. Some stories can be point of view of the reporter, writer or editor.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by LtCol View Post
            Nothing requires the Media to tell the truth. Some stories can be point of view of the reporter, writer or editor.
            Except libel laws... When the Media lies about someone or something that has attached value, they can be held responsible for the results of that lie.

            Comment


            • #21
              Either way, "Reporting" has degenerated to elementary school classroom levels:

              "Teacher! Kelly called Donnie an Idiot!"

              "I did not!"

              -And that's the story folks.....
              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                Either way, "Reporting" has degenerated to elementary school classroom levels:....
                When it comes to ratings, NBC = NoBody Cares.

                The smallest kid always does the most desperate things to get attention.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

                -Captain Jack

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  Ah, but from the headlines, they are opposites, and Nothing But Communists (aka NBC) is lying.
                  depends on when stories written


                  and both stories are correct

                  btw one thing I have noticed on some of these type of stories info gets added as the day goes on

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Gods gift is we can all think for ourselves. No one here needs some media outlet to let them know our country is not what it used to be.
                    Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                    George S Patton

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      The question is if they believe when they are publishing.
                      We hunt the hunters

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by craven View Post
                        depends on when stories written


                        and both stories are correct

                        btw one thing I have noticed on some of these type of stories info gets added as the day goes on
                        The FOX story aired about an hour after the NBC one. NBC put theirs up and got a near immediate response from Kelly and the White House that it was BS. That prompted the FOX story an hour later.

                        That sequence of events tells me NBC used an utterly unreliable source (think Dan Rather on CBS and the Bush documents that destroyed his career) but rushed the story out without bothering to vet it because the people running their newsroom wanted to believe, or believed, it to be true because it was the narrative they have come to accept as the only one possible with Trump.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          The FOX story aired about an hour after the NBC one. NBC put theirs up and got a near immediate response from Kelly and the White House that it was BS. That prompted the FOX story an hour later.

                          That sequence of events tells me NBC used an utterly unreliable source (think Dan Rather on CBS and the Bush documents that destroyed his career) but rushed the story out without bothering to vet it because the people running their newsroom wanted to believe, or believed, it to be true because it was the narrative they have come to accept as the only one possible with Trump.
                          Unlike Rather and his destroyed career and credibility, in this day and age made up stories like the one from NBC only get the people involved accolades from the left. As long as they keep posting lies about Trump and others, they get to keep their jobs.

                          It's when the make a mistake and post the truth that their careers could be in jeopardy.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Brainwashed?

                            Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            Fox is a blatant Trump supporter from day one, so anything that comes from that channel should be taken with a large salt pill.
                            My worst jump story:
                            My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                            As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                            No lie.

                            ~
                            "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Kelly already stated that he didn't say it, but think about how idiotic one would be to believe such a thing. Totally out of character.

                              Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              I have News for you, so should anything that comes from a network with letters ending with NBC!
                              My worst jump story:
                              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                              No lie.

                              ~
                              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                The FOX story aired about an hour after the NBC one. NBC put theirs up and got a near immediate response from Kelly and the White House that it was BS. That prompted the FOX story an hour later.

                                That sequence of events tells me NBC used an utterly unreliable source (think Dan Rather on CBS and the Bush documents that destroyed his career) but rushed the story out without bothering to vet it because the people running their newsroom wanted to believe, or believed, it to be true because it was the narrative they have come to accept as the only one possible with Trump.
                                or that Kelly is doing CYA unlike Tillerson


                                and definitely not to the level of Dan Rather.

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X