Excellent Thoughts From President Kennedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by American87 View Post
    As B7BSouthern says, your opinion is noted.
    Yours is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Yours is irrelevant.
      Says the guy whose threads end up in a giant junk pile.

Since you started this thread, where is your effort to reach a non-political middle ground? Your pathological hatred for Trump and any successful person around him is legendary.

Or are you, much like the drug-addled *****-monger you quoted, just mouthing pointless platitudes?
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Well, when Human nature changes, maybe you'll get your wish.
        Not necessarily, read John Locke (who inspired the US Declaration of Independence).

It's a matter of enlightened self interest in the end. What works best ? Confrontation or Cooperation ?
        "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
        Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
          Not necessarily, read John Locke (who inspired the US Declaration of Independence).

It's a matter of enlightened self interest in the end. What works best ? Confrontation or Cooperation ?
          Confrontation.

Competition brings out the best in an organization.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Confrontation.

Ah-ha, surely that depends upon the context.
            "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
              Ah-ha, surely that depends upon the context.
              And there you prove my point: you immediately start waffling about context.

This is why there is no 'enlightened self interest' in politics: because people and factions have different values.

When you hear a politician spouting the sort of nonsense JFK is alleged to have, what they are really saying is 'give my faction what it wants'.

Comment

Confrontation.

The two are not the same thing:

Confrontation:

1. a face-to-face meeting-a confrontation between the suspect and the victim.

2. the clashing of forces or ideas-conflict a violent confrontation between rival gangs.

Competition

1. the act or process of competing; rivalry.

2. the effort of two or more parties acting independently to secure the business of a third party by offering the most favorable terms contractors in competition for the contract to build the new school.

3. a contest between rivals.

Cooperation works better than either. And our system of government, when it comes to the legislative branch, is based on the idea of compromise which leads to cooperation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X