Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Thoughts From President Kennedy

Something to think about:

'Let us not seek the Republican answer, or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.'

Food for thought, anyways.

This was the one addicted to pain pills and cheating on his wife? Whose dad was pro-Nazi and hooked up with the Mob? With the brother who was caught in suspicious circumstances involving the drowning of a girl he was cheating on his wife with?

Apparently he had a good speechwriter.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Can you imagine JFK existing in the #metoo generation? The number of women waiting to tell their stories would be lined up around the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        This was the one addicted to pain pills and cheating on his wife? Whose dad was pro-Nazi and hooked up with the Mob? With the brother who was caught in suspicious circumstances involving the drowning of a girl he was cheating on his wife with?

Or, the guy that came closer than any other president to getting the world in a nuclear war twice...?

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

'Let us not seek the Republican answer, or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.'

I agree with one exception, I would always discount the Democratic answer, because It's always wrong or has back fired for as long as I have recocnized politics.
          Last edited by Trung Si; 27 Apr 18, 21:48.
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

He was a meth-head.

In 1962, at the Carlyle Hotel in New York, a man “peeled off his clothing and began prancing around his hotel suite.” His bodyguards were cautiously amused, until the man “left the suite and began roaming through the corridor of the Carlyle.”
            The man in question was delusional, paranoid and suffering a “psychotic break” from the effects of an overdose of methamphetamine.
            He was also the president of the United States.
            The reason for John F. Kennedy’s bizarre behavior was that, according to an explosive new book, the president was — unbeknownst to him, at first — a meth addict.

https://nypost.com/2013/04/21/the-kennedy-meth/
            Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
              Can you imagine JFK existing in the #metoo generation? The number of women waiting to tell their stories would be lined up around the block.
              True that, but if he were alive Today the Democrats would denounce him as a Right Wing Nut!
              Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Or, the guy that came closer than any other president to getting the world in a nuclear war twice...?
                If he hadn't been murdered his reputation would not have been very good.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                  I agree with one exception, I would always discount the Democratic answer, because It's always wrong or has back fired for as long as I have recocnized politics.
                  Right as usual!

Comment

If he hadn't been murdered his reputation would not have been very good.
                    I think I'd be more worried about him getting us all killed...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Excellent words.

I suggest that we all try to pick a day, or getter yet a week, and all hold ourselves and each other to doing exactly what that statement says we should.

You know... when it comes to posting here.

I'd settle for a weekend.

So, anyone game to give it a try?
                      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        I think I'd be more worried about him getting us all killed...
                        Fair point.

Comment

Which might all be true.

But it doesn't invalidate the sentiment expressed.

It's not who is right, it's what is right.

Suppose Mr Trump (or one of his speech writers) had said the same thing ?
                          "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                          Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                            Which might all be true.

The MSM would rip him to shreds for plagiarism.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
                              Which might all be true.

I suspect every candidate for POTUS has said some version of the same thing.

Bobo trotted out that sort of thing a lot once the DNC lost Congress.

It's a gross oversimplification that flies in the face of all practical politics, because aside from the reality of party politics, no one can ever agree on what is 'right' in any detail.

It's a meaningless platitude.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X