Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump will get blamed for this

The new pizza nutrition regulations will be all Trump's fault;
    As the owner of 18 Domino’s stores in Texas, I do not cut corners, whether on pizzas or complying with the law. Unfortunately, on May 7 the law will become especially burdensome and unhelpful to my customers. That day, President Trump’s FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb will implement a nationwide, Obama-era menu-labeling rule requiring restaurants with 20 or more locations to post in-store menu boards listing the calories of every item sold.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...a-commissioner

What fun that will be to be handed a booklet on the calorie count of every ingredient that could be used in your takeout pizza. Or, the book billboard that is placed in front of the order form, or, the 5 minutes of pre recorded nutritional listing before your can order.

Glitchy forum with its delayed response to typing. No, it is not the computer.

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

... I do not cut corners, whether on pizzas or complying with the law.
    It's quite a bit harder to cut a corner on a pizza than it is the cut a corner on a law.

Then again a slice of law is less fundamental than a slice of pizza

I hate Trump on a pizza, I prefer ansjovis.
    High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
    Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

So the pizza industry now has to tell the truth about their products and that's a bad thing?

Poor babies...maybe they should look for a different line of work.

Wendy's and a host of others have been doing it for many years. IHOP has the info on its menus, and I appreciate it because as a diabetic I have to consider those factors when making my choices.

Hmmm...multiple attempt to post this which generate a PAGE NOT FOUND response each time. Not good...
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

So, you take that to the absurd and comply with the letter of the regulation...

One slice of pepperoni = x calories
        One slice of mushroom = x calories
        Thick crust by size = x calories...

Let the customer do the math... I'm sure their Stupid Phone has a calculator function.

You've complied and told the customer nothing, not that many Domino's customers are likely to consider calories in ordering their favorite pizza...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          So, you take that to the absurd and comply with the letter of the regulation...

One slice of pepperoni = x calories
          One slice of mushroom = x calories
          Thick crust by size = x calories...

Let the customer do the math... I'm sure their Stupid Phone has a calculator function.

You've complied and told the customer nothing, not that many Domino's customers are likely to consider calories in ordering their favorite pizza...
          Actually, the process is much simpler. Go to any IHOP and look at their menu. It's a simple process, easy to read, easy to comprehend and if customers can't, in fact, do simple math then screw 'em - Darwin needs to see them when they finish their meal.

Effectively telling the customer nothing useful is a shortcut to a massive Federal lawsuit and a closing business. One has to go along in order to get along in the bright New World Order of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Actually, the process is much simpler. Go to any IHOP and look at their menu. It's a simple process, easy to read, easy to comprehend and if customers can't, in fact, do simple math then screw 'em - Darwin needs to see them when they finish their meal.

Effectively telling the customer nothing useful is a shortcut to a massive Federal lawsuit and a closing business. One has to go along in order to get along in the bright New World Order of today.
            Why would I bother with this nonsense at all?

Comment

Why would I bother with this nonsense at all?
              Because a) it obviously bothers you considerably, and b) you sound like a TDS blaming him for something begun by First Big Mama during Obama;s Reign of Terror.

Oh, and c) the system has been in place for years and is working quite well, yet you seem to not know anything at all about it, and d) you're starting to sound a lot like Massena.

Comment

"On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of the Obama-era menu-labeling rule."
                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                  "On day one of the Trump Administration, we will ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of the Obama-era menu-labeling rule."
                  Too late. We can't even repeal the biggest piece of legislative in the history of America - ObamaNoCare. Besides, this one actually serves a very useful purpose if you are one of millions of Americans who need this information for medical reasons, or one of the Inner City Armies of Obesity.

Comment

Because a) it obviously bothers you considerably, and b) you sound like a TDS blaming him for something begun by First Big Mama during Obama;s Reign of Terror.

Oh, and c) the system has been in place for years and is working quite well, yet you seem to not know anything at all about it, and d) you're starting to sound a lot like Massena.
                    No, this is all nonsense. Yes, Michelle Obama put forward a whole raft of stupid, arrogant, and worthless ideas forced into regulations and such on food. Her school lunch program was an unmitigated disaster. None of this is Trump's fault and the Domino's pizza chain should just suck it up and put up a list. It's not a big deal.

I ignore this crap on menus at restaurants because that's really what it is. If I had sufficient interest in counting calories to do that, I think I could have sufficient capacity to figure out about what the calorie count of a dish on a menu was on my own.

Comment

Too late. We can't even repeal the biggest piece of legislative in the history of America - ObamaNoCare. Besides, this one actually serves a very useful purpose if you are one of millions of Americans who need this information for medical reasons, or one of the Inner City Armies of Obesity.

Actually, there's a 20 state lawsuit winding its way through the courts right now. If they win, Obamacare is dead and gone.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...are-may-point/

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
                        It's quite a bit harder to cut a corner on a pizza than it is the cut a corner on a law.

Then again a slice of law is less fundamental than a slice of pizza

I hate Trump on a pizza, I prefer ansjovis.
                        Would that be "anchovies"?Salty little fishy kind of things?

Comment

No, this is all nonsense. Yes, Michelle Obama put forward a whole raft of stupid, arrogant, and worthless ideas forced into regulations and such on food. Her school lunch program was an unmitigated disaster. None of this is Trump's fault and the Domino's pizza chain should just suck it up and put up a list. It's not a big deal.

I ignore this crap on menus at restaurants because that's really what it is. If I had sufficient interest in counting calories to do that, I think I could have sufficient capacity to figure out about what the calorie count of a dish on a menu was on my own.
                          No,you wouldn't, because you cannot know how the dish is prepared, how much sugar and other ingredients might be in it, in the sauces and a host of other stuff. When you have diabetes like I do we'll talk about this more. Until then, there is no point. You haven't even walked one inch in the shoes of millions of people who for various medical reasons need to know what's in their food, let alone the proverbial mile.

The difference is that no one forces you to read the extra information, but for those of us who need it, it's there. I'll bet you don;t support handicapped access points, either, because "you don't need them", right?

Comment

I wouldn't think that people who are concerned about their health will be eating at Domino's.

Besides, it just lists calories and topical ingredients, not preparation or concentration.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Actually, there's a 20 state lawsuit winding its way through the courts right now. If they win, Obamacare is dead and gone.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...are-may-point/
                              And it is being heavily organized against by the Demtards and the RINOS.
                              I won't believe it until I actually see it. Even retired military medical care (TRICARE) has been disrupted and corrupted by the @#$%&*!! piece of Obama legislation.

However, this is about food/calories/nutritional values, something that a lot of Americans know very little about. They don;t even teach the old-fashioned Food Pyramid any more in schools, which in any event have fast food franchised in places of cafeterias and soda machines in the hallways.

Do you know how many people think that ordinary iceberg lettuce is a food item, despite the fact that it contains ZERO nutritional value?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X