Is California moving to the Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    How's all the gay communes in Arizona doing after so many of our LGBT population fled to your State?
    They're a lot more quiet here...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      They're a lot more quiet here...
      Too hot for 'em?
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Arizona is hot alright!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQRg3xhehs&t=116s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V_I3hwz-2E

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Californians voted to ban same sex marraige TWICE and won twice, but both times it was ruled unconstitutional. The will of the people was ignored.

You may think you know about California, but you really don't unless you have been living here for five decades and watching things change. I have family up and down the State. I go down to SoCal nearly every month.
          The majority of traditional democrat supporters such as Latinos and Blacks supported the banning of same sex marriage for religious and cultural reasons. Still,, the majority of these demographic groups do not align with the republicans...
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

By the way, I suspect that nobody really actually read the survey results because if one had done it, he would have realized that the results are quite in line with the image of California being progressive. The result of having half supporting a Muslim ban is actually the exception in the survey results, and even this result does not show a lot about the political disposition of California because in another question the results show that

https://haasinstitute.berkeley.edu/c...-and-belonging

54% of Californians have positive views of Muslims
            79% think it is important to take in immigrants and refugees from countries where people are trying to escape war and violence. Even 66% still agree if the refugees are specified to be from Muslim countries
            The above is from the Berkeley study link in the OP.

This gives me the opportunity to say that the results of a survey question are always influenced not only by how a question is framed but also by the type of questions that precede it. If for example a previous question portrayed in some way Muslims in bad light (say the question was related to terrorism) or portrayed Trump in a positive light, then this could influence the attitude of respondents in the next question which talked about the Muslim ban. To be clear, I have not read the list and order of the questions, but I DO know that it is common knowledge that even the order of questions makes a big difference, and this is one reason why some times you see contradictory survey results of how people see a particular topic...
            Last edited by pamak; 27 Apr 18, 10:43.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

How's all the gay communes in Arizona doing after so many of our LGBT population fled to your State?
              Haha, I did the backward migration.
              I lived in Prescott, AZ before moving to CA.

Comment

California is not moving either Left or Right - it's actually circling the drain.

Thankfully, I severed my last ties to that states a year ago and no longer have to deal with anyone there for any reason.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X