Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handouts for Illegals Withdrawn by Exec Order

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • craven
    replied
    This has to be bad because excecutive orders are bad I been told the last 8 years

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Lincoln did not "end slavery". The Proclamation "freed" slaves in the Confederates States only, which meant nothing because those states did not comply, and it did nothing for any slaves outside of the Confederacy. In fact, it still required escaped slaves that made it to the North to be returned to their Southern masters in accordance with the existing laws.

    As you said, show but no substance. Lincoln was a sham.

    Actually, I was speaking of a certain amendment to the Constitution that he was behind... you may have heard of it.

    The proclamation was a step in the right direction.

    Leave a comment:


  • pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    You labor under the misunderstanding that I am attacking you. I wasn't calling you a troll and I agree with your points.
    So, who did you call troll, and why does not the above post apply for that person, especially since you did not have any interaction with that person in this thread and nobody called you a troll ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pirateship1982
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I sense another personal flame war taking over another thread, something the admins supposedly are cracking down on, but apparently they missed this one.

    Let's clear something up: this is a forum, a place specifically designated for the exchange of ideas.

    Some people want to do nothing more but lecture here, presenting endless quotes of other people;s material as though we are here to be educated. Fine with me. I keep learning every day.

    Others are here to present their views as though they are The Truth, not to be questioned or debated but accepted as The Word. I have no use for any of those, since the idea that "truth varies" turns out to be a universal law ranking with Murphyisms. Even published "facts" have turned out not to be as they seem, and often as downright lies thanks to the sleazy standards of journalism in our Brave New World. So if you find a "fact" that isn't, try not launching a full scale attack over it, but simply point out the differing "facts".

    The rest of us are here to share ideas, feelings, viewpoints and other concepts, and ours are as valid as anyone else's.
    We're not in a classroom, we aren't being graded and we expect the same amount of respect as anyone else. Opinions are personal beliefs, and we need to listen carefully to the opinions of others, agree or disagree with them politely and move on. By the same standard, if people are not agreeing with your particular views, accept it like a mature, responsible adult and move on. There are over seven billion people now, and you are merely one of them, and the majority of them do not agree with you over much of anything.

    That is why this forum is equipped with an IGNORE setting. Courtesy and politeness is a two way street, and if you are a one-way type of person then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution, and that's your problem, not anyone else's. No one is forced to listen to you, nor to accept your verbal antagonism. If this were a friendly discussion in the local tavern, you would have been sent home long ago, and probably not invited back ever again.

    Now- back to business: Trump is working to end the coddling of illegals, who are criminals by law. This discussion is therefore about his efforts and what we feel about those efforts, and the likelihood of success of failure. If you are quoting information from a source, provide the quote with a link so that we can read the entire article and establish context and meaning. If you are expressing an opinion, a belief or something similar, say so. Do NOT state it as though it is "fact".

    Meanwhile, take your personal in- fighting somewhere else.


    These are my feelings about this whole nasty little personality trend that is dragging this forum down day by day. If I wanted this kind of daily abuse, I would have stayed with my first wife.
    You labor under the misunderstanding that I am attacking you. I wasn't calling you a troll and I agree with your points.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Lincoln did not "end slavery". The Proclamation "freed" slaves in the Confederates States only, which meant nothing because those states did not comply, and it did nothing for any slaves outside of the Confederacy. In fact, it still required escaped slaves that made it to the North to be returned to their Southern masters in accordance with the existing laws.

    As you said, show but no substance. Lincoln was a sham.

    Well, I hate to argue with a guy who was around when Lincoln held office, but Abe was likely one of the best POTUS we ever had. He held the Union together.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    I sense trolling.....
    I sense another personal flame war taking over another thread, something the admins supposedly are cracking down on, but apparently they missed this one.

    Let's clear something up: this is a forum, a place specifically designated for the exchange of ideas.

    Some people want to do nothing more but lecture here, presenting endless quotes of other people;s material as though we are here to be educated. Fine with me. I keep learning every day.

    Others are here to present their views as though they are The Truth, not to be questioned or debated but accepted as The Word. I have no use for any of those, since the idea that "truth varies" turns out to be a universal law ranking with Murphyisms. Even published "facts" have turned out not to be as they seem, and often as downright lies thanks to the sleazy standards of journalism in our Brave New World. So if you find a "fact" that isn't, try not launching a full scale attack over it, but simply point out the differing "facts".

    The rest of us are here to share ideas, feelings, viewpoints and other concepts, and ours are as valid as anyone else's.
    We're not in a classroom, we aren't being graded and we expect the same amount of respect as anyone else. Opinions are personal beliefs, and we need to listen carefully to the opinions of others, agree or disagree with them politely and move on. By the same standard, if people are not agreeing with your particular views, accept it like a mature, responsible adult and move on. There are over seven billion people now, and you are merely one of them, and the majority of them do not agree with you over much of anything.

    That is why this forum is equipped with an IGNORE setting. Courtesy and politeness is a two way street, and if you are a one-way type of person then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution, and that's your problem, not anyone else's. No one is forced to listen to you, nor to accept your verbal antagonism. If this were a friendly discussion in the local tavern, you would have been sent home long ago, and probably not invited back ever again.

    Now- back to business: Trump is working to end the coddling of illegals, who are criminals by law. This discussion is therefore about his efforts and what we feel about those efforts, and the likelihood of success of failure. If you are quoting information from a source, provide the quote with a link so that we can read the entire article and establish context and meaning. If you are expressing an opinion, a belief or something similar, say so. Do NOT state it as though it is "fact".

    Meanwhile, take your personal in- fighting somewhere else.


    These are my feelings about this whole nasty little personality trend that is dragging this forum down day by day. If I wanted this kind of daily abuse, I would have stayed with my first wife.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    All you have to do to change that is have Congress pass a new Law that says NO to all that.
    The same way Lincoln ended slavery, if you will recall.
    Lincoln did not "end slavery". The Proclamation "freed" slaves in the Confederates States only, which meant nothing because those states did not comply, and it did nothing for any slaves outside of the Confederacy. In fact, it still required escaped slaves that made it to the North to be returned to their Southern masters in accordance with the existing laws.

    As you said, show but no substance. Lincoln was a sham.

    Leave a comment:


  • Arnold J Rimmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    I sense trolling.....
    The Force is strong in this one...

    Leave a comment:


  • Pirateship1982
    replied
    I sense trolling.....

    Leave a comment:


  • pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    It is a cheesy way for a liar to promote a lie, once again nobody is fooled.
    Even the ones that are trying to laugh along with you
    Actually, the people who try to fool people are the ones who make claims without providing evidence or the ones who try to celebrate because a president signed an Eo with a cheesy title but no substance . Trump is the classic example...
    Last edited by pamak; 15 Apr 18, 06:13.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post
    ...
    2. It is easier to type "Recall the EO on Muslim ban" instead of "Recall the EO on banning immigrants from half a dozen countries, which in themselves constituted a tiny fraction of the Muslims of the world."
    It is a cheesy way for a liar to promote a lie, once again nobody is fooled.
    Even the ones that are trying to laugh along with you

    Leave a comment:


  • pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    All you have to do to change that is have Congress pass a new Law that says NO to all that.
    The same way Lincoln ended slavery, if you will recall.



    God, you guys live the lie 24/7, don't you?

    There was no Muslim Ban.
    There was a ban on immigrants from half a dozen countries, which in themselves constituted a tiny fraction of the Muslims of the world.

    They were also rotten with terrorists and warlords and criminal behavior of the most foul kind.... which includes the open-air slave markets of Libya.

    You want to import that kind of cultural norm, too?!?

    I need a new sig. ....

    Bold mine...

    1. When such legislation passes (and assuming that the SCOTUS does not find it unconstitutional), then I will understand your euphoria about cutting fed funds for illegal immigrants...



    2. It is easier to type "Recall the EO on Muslim ban" instead of "Recall the EO on banning immigrants from half a dozen countries, which in themselves constituted a tiny fraction of the Muslims of the world."

    Leave a comment:


  • The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by pamak View Post
    ... A I said, I do not see how one will deny the illegal immigrants emergency care or getting funds in schools that their children attend when there is actually a SCOTUS decision which forced Texas to use state funds by taking in consideration the number of illegal students. In any case, it is still too early to celebrate.
    All you have to do to change that is have Congress pass a new Law that says NO to all that.
    The same way Lincoln ended slavery, if you will recall.

    Originally posted by pamak View Post
    ...
    EO are easy... Recall the EO on the Muslim ban.
    God, you guys live the lie 24/7, don't you?

    There was no Muslim Ban.
    There was a ban on immigrants from half a dozen countries, which in themselves constituted a tiny fraction of the Muslims of the world.
    They were also rotten with terrorists and warlords and criminal behavior of the most foul kind.... which includes the open-air slave markets of Libya.

    You want to import that kind of cultural norm, too?!?

    I need a new sig. ....

    Leave a comment:


  • pamak
    replied
    and as an example of what I said

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plyler_v._Doe

    Plyler v. Doe, 457 U.S. 202 (1982), was a case in which the Supreme Court of the United States struck down both a state statute denying funding for education to illegal alien children and a municipal school district's attempt to charge illegal aliens an annual $1,000 tuition fee for each illegal alien student to compensate for the lost state funding.[1]



    The court majority found that the Texas law was "directed against children, and impose[d] its discriminatory burden on the basis of a legal characteristic over which children can have little control"ónamely, the fact of their having been brought illegally into the United States by their parents. The majority also observed that denying the children in question a proper education would likely contribute to "the creation and perpetuation of a subclass of illiterates within our boundaries, surely adding to the problems and costs of unemployment, welfare, and crime." The majority refused to accept that any substantial state interest would be served by discrimination on this basis, and it struck down the Texas law.
    I see similar arguments used to strike down any fed action restricting education funds to illegal students...
    EO are easy... Recall the EO on the Muslim ban. The devil is in trying to implement the EOs

    Leave a comment:


  • pamak
    replied
    Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
    The specifics are in the source, you are trying to trick everyone with your Bull$hit.

    Oh, I get it, try to make everything Trump says look like a lie because it didn't already happen yesterday and every dime hasn't already been confiscated from the outstretched hands of every illegal alien con-artist in our country.... something that will be impossible as long as Hard-Core Leftists are helping foreign invaders rob us blind.
    And that will never end, not until every far-Left loon is thrown out of positions of power.

    However, this Directive, sourced to the White House itself, is one hell of a good start,
    And we all know it, too.
    l am talking to Nichols. So, if you claim that the specifics are in Nichol's source, then this is an unsubstantiated claim as long as nobody is willing to show the exact quote which contradicts the "Politifact"

    And if you think that this EO is a good start which will be followed by more concrete regulations (or legislation) which will prohibit whatever fed funds are spent today for illegals, I will say that you are very optimistic. A I said, I do not see how one will deny the illegal immigrants emergency care or getting funds in schools that their children attend when there is actually a SCOTUS decision which forced Texas to use state funds by taking in consideration the number of illegal students. In any case, it is still too early to celebrate.
    Last edited by pamak; 14 Apr 18, 23:22.

    Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X