X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    I sense trolling.....
    The Force is strong in this one...
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      All you have to do to change that is have Congress pass a new Law that says NO to all that.
      The same way Lincoln ended slavery, if you will recall.
      Lincoln did not "end slavery". The Proclamation "freed" slaves in the Confederates States only, which meant nothing because those states did not comply, and it did nothing for any slaves outside of the Confederacy. In fact, it still required escaped slaves that made it to the North to be returned to their Southern masters in accordance with the existing laws.

As you said, show but no substance. Lincoln was a sham.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I sense trolling.....
        I sense another personal flame war taking over another thread, something the admins supposedly are cracking down on, but apparently they missed this one.

Let's clear something up: this is a forum, a place specifically designated for the exchange of ideas.

Some people want to do nothing more but lecture here, presenting endless quotes of other people;s material as though we are here to be educated. Fine with me. I keep learning every day.

Others are here to present their views as though they are The Truth, not to be questioned or debated but accepted as The Word. I have no use for any of those, since the idea that "truth varies" turns out to be a universal law ranking with Murphyisms. Even published "facts" have turned out not to be as they seem, and often as downright lies thanks to the sleazy standards of journalism in our Brave New World. So if you find a "fact" that isn't, try not launching a full scale attack over it, but simply point out the differing "facts".

The rest of us are here to share ideas, feelings, viewpoints and other concepts, and ours are as valid as anyone else's.
        We're not in a classroom, we aren't being graded and we expect the same amount of respect as anyone else. Opinions are personal beliefs, and we need to listen carefully to the opinions of others, agree or disagree with them politely and move on. By the same standard, if people are not agreeing with your particular views, accept it like a mature, responsible adult and move on. There are over seven billion people now, and you are merely one of them, and the majority of them do not agree with you over much of anything.

That is why this forum is equipped with an IGNORE setting. Courtesy and politeness is a two way street, and if you are a one-way type of person then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution, and that's your problem, not anyone else's. No one is forced to listen to you, nor to accept your verbal antagonism. If this were a friendly discussion in the local tavern, you would have been sent home long ago, and probably not invited back ever again.

Now- back to business: Trump is working to end the coddling of illegals, who are criminals by law. This discussion is therefore about his efforts and what we feel about those efforts, and the likelihood of success of failure. If you are quoting information from a source, provide the quote with a link so that we can read the entire article and establish context and meaning. If you are expressing an opinion, a belief or something similar, say so. Do NOT state it as though it is "fact".

Meanwhile, take your personal in- fighting somewhere else.

These are my feelings about this whole nasty little personality trend that is dragging this forum down day by day. If I wanted this kind of daily abuse, I would have stayed with my first wife.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Lincoln did not "end slavery". The Proclamation "freed" slaves in the Confederates States only, which meant nothing because those states did not comply, and it did nothing for any slaves outside of the Confederacy. In fact, it still required escaped slaves that made it to the North to be returned to their Southern masters in accordance with the existing laws.

Well, I hate to argue with a guy who was around when Lincoln held office, but Abe was likely one of the best POTUS we ever had. He held the Union together.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I sense another personal flame war taking over another thread, something the admins supposedly are cracking down on, but apparently they missed this one.

Let's clear something up: this is a forum, a place specifically designated for the exchange of ideas.

Some people want to do nothing more but lecture here, presenting endless quotes of other people;s material as though we are here to be educated. Fine with me. I keep learning every day.

Others are here to present their views as though they are The Truth, not to be questioned or debated but accepted as The Word. I have no use for any of those, since the idea that "truth varies" turns out to be a universal law ranking with Murphyisms. Even published "facts" have turned out not to be as they seem, and often as downright lies thanks to the sleazy standards of journalism in our Brave New World. So if you find a "fact" that isn't, try not launching a full scale attack over it, but simply point out the differing "facts".

The rest of us are here to share ideas, feelings, viewpoints and other concepts, and ours are as valid as anyone else's.
            We're not in a classroom, we aren't being graded and we expect the same amount of respect as anyone else. Opinions are personal beliefs, and we need to listen carefully to the opinions of others, agree or disagree with them politely and move on. By the same standard, if people are not agreeing with your particular views, accept it like a mature, responsible adult and move on. There are over seven billion people now, and you are merely one of them, and the majority of them do not agree with you over much of anything.

That is why this forum is equipped with an IGNORE setting. Courtesy and politeness is a two way street, and if you are a one-way type of person then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution, and that's your problem, not anyone else's. No one is forced to listen to you, nor to accept your verbal antagonism. If this were a friendly discussion in the local tavern, you would have been sent home long ago, and probably not invited back ever again.

Now- back to business: Trump is working to end the coddling of illegals, who are criminals by law. This discussion is therefore about his efforts and what we feel about those efforts, and the likelihood of success of failure. If you are quoting information from a source, provide the quote with a link so that we can read the entire article and establish context and meaning. If you are expressing an opinion, a belief or something similar, say so. Do NOT state it as though it is "fact".

Meanwhile, take your personal in- fighting somewhere else.

These are my feelings about this whole nasty little personality trend that is dragging this forum down day by day. If I wanted this kind of daily abuse, I would have stayed with my first wife.
            You labor under the misunderstanding that I am attacking you. I wasn't calling you a troll and I agree with your points.
            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

You labor under the misunderstanding that I am attacking you. I wasn't calling you a troll and I agree with your points.
              So, who did you call troll, and why does not the above post apply for that person, especially since you did not have any interaction with that person in this thread and nobody called you a troll ?
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Actually, I was speaking of a certain amendment to the Constitution that he was behind... you may have heard of it.

The proclamation was a step in the right direction.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

This has to be bad because excecutive orders are bad I been told the last 8 years

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X