Handouts for Illegals Withdrawn by Exec Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handouts for Illegals Withdrawn by Exec Order

Zero Federal handouts for "undocumented citizens".

- states how their respective agencies are complying with 8 U.S.C. 1611 (a), which provides that an alien who is not a “qualified alien” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1641 is, subject to certain statutorily defined exceptions, not eligible for any Federal public benefit as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1611(c);
    [...]
    - the terms “individuals,” “families,” and “persons” mean any United States citizen, lawful permanent resident, or other lawfully present alien who is qualified to or otherwise may receive public benefits;
    Note that they can use this to withhold executive allocated cash if States don't provide proof of following this order (sorry, San Fransico).

Another fun little provision:

(vi) Reserve benefits for people with low incomes and limited assets;

(vii) Reduce wasteful spending by consolidating or eliminating Federal programs that are duplicative or ineffective;

Of course, some States will rubber stamp benefits for Dreamers® anyways but they might change their tune after that sweet Federal gravy train rolls right past their station.

Interesting cold war going on at the Federal level between bleeding hearts and "racists"... but unlike some stupid war over Syria, this is something I did vote for!
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Arizona's supreme court just ruled that DACA recipients are ineligible for in-state tuition at colleges and universities. The Left is upset...

Comment

Good news! Trump is systematically working through his campaign promises.

It won't be long before the usual posters come in and explaining how good things happening to America is actually evil.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
        Good news! Trump is systematically working through his campaign promises.
        He's making me happier and happier every day that I settled for him over the other choice.

It won't be long before the usual posters come in and explaining how good things happening to America is actually evil.
        The spin will be fierce, whiny and lacking facts as usual. I'm guessing the thread will be derailed pretty soon, too.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Those libs can fund it out of their own pocket.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Arizona's supreme court just ruled that DACA recipients are ineligible for in-state tuition at colleges and universities. The Left is upset...
          My worst jump story:
          My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
          As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
          No lie.

~
          "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Now, after stopping the celebrations about Trump's executive order, can somebody give me a link with information about which exactly federal benefits that go to illegal immigrants will be withdrawn by this executive order?
            If for example, you mean things like having illegal immigrants getting emergency healthcare or sending their kids to school that receive some form of fed funds, then such benefits will continue even after this executive order...

from

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...s-draw-welfar/

Welfare benefits

The federal government hasn’t distributed welfare checks to eligible people in poverty for around 20 years; that approach was replaced in the late 1990s by targeted aid programs jointly administered by the federal and state governments that provide assistance with cash, food, housing and health care. That act, the 1996 Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, also barred unauthorized immigrants from drawing benefits.

Title IV of the act, subheaded "restricting welfare and public benefits for aliens," states that "aliens who are not qualified aliens" are ineligible for "federal public benefits" and for "state and local public benefits." The act defines qualified aliens as people with certain legal documented immigration status, meaning unauthorized immigrants are not eligible.

We confirmed from eligibility rules posted on government websites that unauthorized immigrants aren’t eligible for major aid programs including Medicaid, the joint federal-state health coverage for people in poverty; Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which provides cash assistance to the impoverished elderly or disabled; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), which used to be food stamps; housing assistance from the Department of Housing and Urban Development; and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), which provides grants for state-administered family assistance programs like child care, cash assistance or counseling.
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

To be fair, Trump has to fight this battle with the only effective weapon he has at the moment - control of specific Federal funds.

This could have been settled months ago if the government was on the side of America, the president and its own citizens, but...
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

... we were too stupid.

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                To be fair, Trump has to fight this battle with the only effective weapon he has at the moment - control of specific Federal funds.

This could have been settled months ago if the government was on the side of America, the president and its own citizens, but...
                My worst jump story:
                My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                No lie.

~
                "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                  Now, after stopping the celebrations about Trump's executive order, can somebody give me a link with information about which exactly federal benefits that go to illegal immigrants will be withdrawn by this executive order?
                  If for example, you mean things like having illegal immigrants getting emergency healthcare or sending their kids to school that receive some form of fed funds, then such benefits will continue even after this executive order...

from

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...s-draw-welfar/

I second this.
                  First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                    Here's some ice cold water for your celebration:

https://cis.org/sites/default/files/...illegals_1.pdf

Before you say it, I have no issues with legal immigrants receiving assistance for a period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                      Here's some ice cold water for your celebration:

https://cis.org/sites/default/files/...illegals_1.pdf

Before you say it, I have no issues with legal immigrants receiving assistance for a period of time.
                      Not sufficient:

I did not challenge the fact that illegal immigrants receive some fed assistance. I challenged the fact that the executive order stops such assistance. And I gave examples to make my point but since this was not registered, I will repeat:

There is no doubt that illegal immigrants can go to hospitals and have emergency care or send their kids to school, and obviously such freedoms cost the feds money. For example, even though schools receive mostly funds from state and local governments, they still receive various fed programs, such as subsidizing lunch for poor students

https://www.fns.usda.gov/nslp/nation...h-program-nslp

The National School Lunch Program is a federally assisted meal program operating in public and nonprofit private schools and residential child care institutions. It provides nutritionally balanced, low-cost or free lunches to children each school day
                      So how is the executive order going to eliminate such federal assistance?
                      Same with the issue of the hospitals: Are you going to deny illegal immigrants emergency healthcare? It is not going to happen ...
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Okay, my bad.
                        I forgot to list a source.

Here you go -
                        https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...omic-mobility/
                        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                          Okay, my bad.
                          I forgot to list a source.

Here you go -
                          https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...omic-mobility/
                          Your link shows intentions and not actual policies to show how exactly "handouts for illegals are withdrawn" which is the claim of the thread

Some quotes are indicative of the vague and meaningless language used

For example

Agencies should also adopt policies to ensure that only eligible persons receive benefits and enforce all relevant laws providing that aliens who are not otherwise qualified and eligible may not receive benefits.
                          When you show me agencies making decisions denying food to illegal students or healthcare in emergency rooms come back to me with the links to support your claim that handouts for illegals are withdrawn...
                          Last edited by pamak; 14 Apr 18, 16:59.

Comment

Originally Posted by pamak View Post
                            Well, for starters, Trump just withdrew Federal funding for lawyers for illegals.They have the right to be represented, but not by taxpayer funded lawyers.
                            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Well, for starters, Trump just withdrew Federal funding for lawyers for illegals.They have the right to be represented, but not by taxpayer funded lawyers.
                              Link to see exactly the claim?

I am asking because as long as illegal immigrants DO have the right to have a lawyer in a criminal trial in the US, what are you going to do? They cannot be denied a lawyer if they have such rights. And if the idea is to force the states pay for such cost instead of having the feds pay it (or part of it), then you do not withdraw any money from illegal immigrants. In reality, you just transfer the cost from the feds to the state. But in the end, the citizen (and legal resident) will still pay the cost...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X