X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another example of the dangers of meddling Trump business and politics

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fam...-politics.html

Trump's company asked Panama president to help in hotel spat

U.S. President Donald Trump's company appealed directly to Panama's president to intervene in its fight over control of a luxury hotel, even invoking a treaty between the two countries, in what ethics experts say was a blatant mingling of Trump's business and government interests.

n the March 22 letter to Varela, a copy of which was obtained by The Associated Press, lawyers for the Trump Organization "URGENTLY" request the Panamanian leader's influence to help reverse the company's acrimonious eviction as managers of the 70-story luxury high-rise once known as the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower.

While never mentioning Trump or his role as president, the letter says lawyers representing the Trump Organization were aware of "the separation of powers" in Panama but essentially asks the country's president to intervene in the judicial process anyway. It goes on to say that the eviction violates an investment treaty signed by the two countries and suggests that the Panamanian government, not the hotel's new management team, could be blamed for any wrongdoing.

"We appreciate your influence in order to avoid that these damages are attributed not to the other party, but to the Panamanian government," said the letter, which was copied to Panamanian Cabinet officials, as well as the presidents of the Supreme Court and National Assembly.
    The Panama president eventually did not intervene. I guess as a Latino he deeply hates Trump....
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

I see another mega=thread junk pile in the offing now that the TDS hysteria has been outsourced.
    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I see another mega=thread junk pile in the offing now that the TDS hysteria has been outsourced.
      I see another case of using the excuse of the ignore list to litter this forum with spamming.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fam...-politics.html

The Panama president eventually did not intervene. I guess as a Latino he deeply hates Trump....
        As a Latino he also shows more ethics than Trump and Co.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I see another case of using the excuse of the ignore list to litter this forum with spamming.
          That looks just like Rimmer.

Clueless.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            As a Latino he also shows more ethics than Trump and Co.
            Even though he is one of those in the sh$#hole countries...

Comment

Time for a new cute kid pic. You're wearing this one out.

Comment

Yeah, and perhaps some vacations for those posters, as well.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                  Yeah, and perhaps some vacations for those posters, as well.
                  Especially for those who intervene in threads with baiting and with no intention to discuss the topic

Comment

Back to the topic...

The danger of corruption when business and politics are meddled together becomes even higher in Trumps case:
                    Notice for example how he has treated his Attorney General for his decision to recuse himself from the investigation of the links between Russia and the Trump campaign. Tie and time again, Trump has said that Sessions should not have recused himself even though Sessions chaired Trump's foreign policy advisory committee.

In other words, we have clear evidence that Trump completely ignores issues of conflicts of interests. The only thing for which he cares is how to best serve his interests. If anything, conflicts of interests are welcomed by Trump and he is ready to criticize anybody who dares to put ethics above him.

Comment

Back to the topic...

The danger of corruption when business and politics are meddled together becomes even higher in Trumps case:
                      Notice for example how he has treated his Attorney General for his decision to recuse himself from the investigation of the links between Russia and the Trump campaign. Tie and time again, Trump has said that Sessions should not have recused himself even though Sessions chaired Trump's foreign policy advisory committee.

In other words, we have clear evidence that Trump completely ignores issues of conflicts of interests. The only thing for which he cares is how to best serve his interests. If anything, conflicts of interests are welcomed by Trump and he is ready to criticize anybody who dares to put ethics above him.
                      Better that than ignoring the meets like Obama did...

https://ijr.com/2014/10/182726-new-r...totally-touch/

https://spectator.org/34805_obamas-d...ief-who-cares/

Better someone who's actually paying attention than someone who doesn't give a $h!+.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Better that than ignoring the meets like Obama did...

https://ijr.com/2014/10/182726-new-r...totally-touch/

https://spectator.org/34805_obamas-d...ief-who-cares/

Better someone who's actually paying attention than someone who doesn't give a $h!+.
                        WTF are you talking about? You had 8 years of lashing out at Obama and you still talk about him! He is NOT the president anymore...

Comment

WTF are you talking about? You had 8 years of lashing out at Obama and you still talk about him! He is NOT the president anymore...
                          I'm making a valid comparison. The argument is that Trump is going to meetings rife with conflicts of interest. Obama didn't bother to go to the meetings at all. Which is worse?

Oh, I also doubt the conflict of interest angle.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            I'm making a valid comparison. The argument is that Trump is going to meetings rife with conflicts of interest. Obama didn't bother to go to the meetings at all. Which is worse?

Oh, I also doubt the conflict of interest angle.
                            What valid comparison? You actually brought links that criticize Obama about his allegedly lack of interest in national security meetings in a thread where I brought the issue of such meetings to show Trump's visible lack of care for conflict of interests, such as in the case of Sessions!

Comment

What valid comparison? You actually brought links that criticize Obama about his allegedly lack of interest in national security meetings in a thread where I brought the issue of such meetings to show Trump's visible lack of care for conflict of interests, such as in the case of Sessions!
                              Exactly. I then asked, Which is worse? I have less concern with Trump's supposed conflicts of interest than I do with Obama not being informed and in the loop.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X