X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
    Looks like Xi blinked before Trump.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...trade-barriers
    Let's also include the "detail" mentioned in the title to give a more accurate picture

Xi Says China To Lower Trade Barriers As Beijing Files WTO Complaint Against U.S.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
      Looks like Xi blinked before Trump.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...trade-barriers
      And our Unemployment rate is still down around 4%.
      Ah, look at that, 4.1%, ain't that just awful?
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

This appears in many news outlets, including the very conservative Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-a...lks-1523553620

Trump Asks Advisers to Study Rejoining Pacific Trade Pact Talks
        A little over a year after withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, economic advisers are set to study terms
        Obviously, the TTP under Trump will be a very nice deal...
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          And our Unemployment rate is still down around 4%.
          Ah, look at that, 4.1%, ain't that just awful?

Still being the operative word, as in it was there or there abouts under when Obama left office.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
            Still being the operative word, as in it was there or there abouts under when Obama left office.
            Nope, it was much higher.
            But you knew that already, didn't you?
            "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

One cannot ignore the TREND over the recent years of the unemploymemt rate and focus only on specific numbers

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

It is obvious that trying to praise Trump for having the unemployment rate follow the general trend you see on the graph, does not say much...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                One cannot ignore the TREND over the recent years of the unemploymemt rate and focus only on specific numbers

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

It is obvious that trying to praise Trump for having the unemployment rate follow the general trend you see on the graph, does not say much...
                Oh no, you didn't!

A graph?

You'd better take the weekend off, I can year the Doc's shuffling footsteps approaching even now....
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Nope, it was much higher.
                  But you knew that already, didn't you?
                  4.7% is much higher? Aye ok

Comment

Oh no, you didn't!

A graph?

You'd better take the weekend off, I can year the Doc's shuffling footsteps approaching even now....
                    Then just look back where it been. It's came down from 4.7% to 4.1% since Donnie took office. Just following a trend that started under Obama who brought the rate down from that last great GOP President GW Bush, who also blew the deficit out of the water with tax cuts.

Ah, how soon we forget the glory days of the Great and Godly GOP.
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Nebfer View Post
                      What about rear earth metals?
                      The last time China played the 'rare earth' card, it made the world realize they must find another source or be China's bitch. Australia stepped up to the plate.
                      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

The last time China played the 'rare earth' card, it made the world realize they must find another source or be China's bitch. Australia stepped up to the plate.
                        We wouldn't be in this predicament had Obama not sold the mine in Nevada to China. I wonder how much the Chinese lined his pocket in exchange for that deal.

I hope the Aussies take over as king of rare earth minerals.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Apparently, we also have active but underused mines right now.
                          I think it is in our best interests in the long term to further develop the resources here and in other friendly countries.
                          China might not like the results of playing that card.

OPEC's playing of its oil card probably did more to support current US oil production than anything else.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Oh no, you didn't!

A graph?

Actually the real trap is in the declining labour force participation rate in the US. The drop at least needs to be added to the official unemployment figure to get perspective on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Apparently, we also have active but underused mines right now.
                              I think it is in our best interests in the long term to further develop the resources here and in other friendly countries.
                              China might not like the results of playing that card.

OPEC's playing of its oil card probably did more to support current US oil production than anything else.

There's a bill floating through congress that can put the US back in the rare earth element business and put coal miners back to work.

Rare Earth Element Advanced Coal Technologies Act (REEACT)

The bill’s objective is to provide federal funding to support the development of U.S. technology that can be used to extract rare earth elements (REEs) from coal and coal byproducts in U.S. mines.

“This important technology would go a long way in re-establishing our domestic production which is critically important to our national security.”

“This legislation would help support the research and development of these technologies, a win-win-win for Appalachia’s economy, the environment, and our national defense.” The Appalachian region is home to much of the U.S. coal mining industry.

If passed, the bill would authorize the Department of Energy to spend an annual budget of $23 million from 2020 through 2027 to carry out programs to develop such technologies.

The bill includes provisions to “clean up mine sludge and acid mine drainage and reduce the environmental impacts of coal production,” James Wood, interim director of the West Virginia Energy Institute, said in the press release.

If all five projects come online by 2022 as planned, the United States would produce at least 77,900 tons of lithium carbonate equivalent each year, making the country one of the world’s largest lithium producers.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-sen...a_2872858.html
                              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X