Trump trade wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump trade wars

So far it seems to amount to empty talk, which seems to be the trademark of Trump presidency.

The trade wars with China do seem like a possibility, hinging on Trumps ego. He's backed out of everything else so far, so it wouldn't come as a surprise if he wanted to play tough this time.

China already hit back a bit, and promised to strike back with force. It seems like agriculture will be targeted the most. Will it escalate?
    Wisdom is personal

Originally posted by Karri View Post
    So far it seems to amount to empty talk, which seems to be the trademark of Trump presidency.

The trade wars with China do seem like a possibility, hinging on Trumps ego. He's backed out of everything else so far, so it wouldn't come as a surprise if he wanted to play tough this time.

China already hit back a bit, and promised to strike back with force. It seems like agriculture will be targeted the most. Will it escalate?
    Traiffs are good and other BS from the POTUS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-bi...183849840.html
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Our so-called allies and trading partners have been screwing us for decades, especially the Chinese. Go get 'em, Donald!
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Our so-called allies and trading partners have been screwing us for decades, especially the Chinese. Go get 'em, Donald!
        Donald already caved in with "your so-called allies", the steel tariffs were promptly cancelled. He's talking big about NAFTA as well, but that won't amount to anything else than talk either.

The Chinese OTOH, seem to be making sure that Donald at least doesn't get a second term with the tariffs on agriculture.
        Wisdom is personal

Comment

How is empty talk a trademark with Trump?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/h...rticle/2650141
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Really. You want empty talk, that would be Obama.

Comment

I guess I should have said empty threats.
              Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                Traiffs are good and other BS from the POTUS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-bi...183849840.html
                Do you think it is fare if a government imposes regulations on it's own manufacturing industry, covering everything from wages to environmental policy and then opens the door to competition from countries that don't?

The governments in the west gleefully imposed these regulations without thinking about the negative consequences and were shocked when some appeared in the form of upwards inflation. So to keep themselves looking good they opened the door to cheap imports to lower inflation and completely shafted their own manufacturing industry. Brilliant.

If China wants to trade with the west they need to adopt western standards. Otherwise go trade with all their dictator mates. Remember that China's president just made himself life long leader and we all know that ends well. Those that want to side with hard done by China over the US need to grow up. China is not your friend. If you think life is tough with the US as top dog then you'd last maybe a few seconds with China up there.

Comment

As a matter of interest, why have nearly all our computers and hardware got "Made in China" on them?
                  Why can't we buy stuff made in our own countries?
                  Personally I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to support our own companies, and to hell with China..

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
                    As a matter of interest, why have nearly all our computers and hardware got "Made in China" on them?
                    Personally I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to support our own companies, and to hell with China..
                    Because they don't have a EPA. http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2015...place-on-earth

The hell of their factories is so bad that they installed suicide netting on their factories. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-factory.html

That's why they can manufacture stuff cheaper than we can.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Because that is what you say, but not what you do.

And because of global supply chains, yadda yadda yadda.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        And fighting back makes the rip-off artists VERY upset.

As if it wasn't obvious by now... if this was really harming us, then Foreign Leftists would be all in favor of it.

"Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

PoorOldSpike quote- Personally I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to support our own companies, and to hell with China..
                          -----------------------------------------------------
                          Because that is what you say, but not what you do.
                          And because of global supply chains, yadda yadda yadda.
                          As a patriot I try to buy British or American computer stuff whenever I can, but all the stores seem only to stock "made in china" hardware, so what can we do?

Comment

PoorOldSpike quote- Personally I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to support our own companies, and to hell with China..
                            -----------------------------------------------------

As a patriot I try to buy British or American computer stuff whenever I can, but all the stores seem only to stock "made in china" hardware, so what can we do?
                            Not use tariffs to try and fix something economically instead of actually coming up with and instituting an economic policy that works.

Trump isn't capable of doing that.
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Trump Says He Won’t Back Down After Ryan Breaks With Him on Tariffs

Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong said in a statement, “We are extremely worried about the consequences of a trade war and are urging the White House to not advance with this plan. The new tax reform law has boosted the economy and we certainly don’t want to jeopardize those gains.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...steel-aluminum
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X