Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Sets His Sights on Iran, Now that Attempted War with North Korea has Backfired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
    Principles who can not be enforced exist only on paper and in books written by professors from Princeton who started a second career in politics .
    A terrorist can argue the same thing. I expect that you will refrain from criticizing him the next time our countries fail to stop him..
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

The interventionist neo-con and anti-Trump site Washington Free Beacon gives 5 reasons why US should not leave Syria .

1) ISIS is still in Syria and continues to pose a threat .

2) US already tried this in Iraq in 2011 -it didn't work.

3 ) Withdrawal would undermine Trump's Iran policy .

4 ) Washington nwould firther lose its ability to influence events ,ceding control to hostile forces.

5 ) US would abandon the Kurdagain- to violent fate .

But for each of these reasons, there is a reply that nullifies the reason .

Example : for the first one : ISIS has returned to Syria , we know why : because of the Turkish invasion .And the TWO THOUSAND American soldiers are irrelevant : without them, ISIS will not be in Damascus, with them ISIS will not be defeated .

For two : the retreat of the US from Iraq didn't have a positive /negative effect on the fighting in Iraq : thus saying "it didn't work " is wrong .

For Three : Withdrawal would not undermine Trump's Iran policy : Iran was
      already in Syria , BEFORE the arrival of the 2000 Americans .

Four : Washington has lost /it never had any ability to influence events in the ME : the 2000 US soldiers are only hostages .

Last : the US retreat would not lead to the abandonment of the Kurds to a violent fate : the Kurds fought against ISIS and Turkey already BEFORE the arrival of the US,if the US leave, the Kurds will continue to fight .

Besides : why would it be bad for the US to abandon the Kurds to a violent fate ? The interests of the Kurds are not necessarily those of the US .

It would not be the first time that US would abandon an ally . Trump is not the president of the Kurds ,but of the US .

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        A terrorist can argue the same thing. I expect that you will refrain from criticizing him the next time our countries fail to stop him..
        Blahblah about principles is good during an election campaign, but after the election ,the reality is that the world is swarming with crocodiles, who are indifferent to this blahblah .

To fight against a terrorist, one needs a AKA-15, a principle is only a luxury .

ISIS will not be defeated by the use of Wilsonian principles , but by killing Muslims .

I have no objection against a terrorist, unless he attacks me .

Comment

Republicans ripped Obama for wanting to leave Iraq but applaud Trump for leaving Syria.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
            Republicans ripped Obama for wanting to leave Iraq but applaud Trump for leaving Syria.
            One of the differences between this administration and previous other administrations; the President listens to his advisor and his advisors aren't 'yes' men:

Defence Secretary James Mattis told him that the number of US forces was already being reduced and that a complete withdrawal threatened gains made by the US and its allies, the senior administration official was cited by NBC as saying.

Mr Trump agreed to give him more time and did not set a deadline, but "made his displeasure clear about any kind of long-term presence in Syria", the official added.

Later, the White House said in a statement: "The United States and our partners remain committed to eliminating the small Isis presence in Syria that our forces have not already eradicated. We will continue to consult with our allies and friends regarding future plans."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43644633
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
              One of the differences between this administration and previous other administrations; the President listens to his advisor and his advisors aren't 'yes' men:

Defence Secretary James Mattis told him that the number of US forces was already being reduced and that a complete withdrawal threatened gains made by the US and its allies, the senior administration official was cited by NBC as saying.

Mr Trump agreed to give him more time and did not set a deadline, but "made his displeasure clear about any kind of long-term presence in Syria", the official added.

Later, the White House said in a statement: "The United States and our partners remain committed to eliminating the small Isis presence in Syria that our forces have not already eradicated. We will continue to consult with our allies and friends regarding future plans."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43644633
              Funny how the liberals lump everything in the same pot: abandon one nation on the eve of the rise of ISIS (Bobo) is the same as leaving a nation where we had no real business at all (Trump). Trump fixes Bobo's blunder, and the liberals are angry.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Funny how the liberals lump everything in the same pot: abandon one nation on the eve of the rise of ISIS (Bobo) is the same as leaving a nation where we had no real business at all (Trump). Trump fixes Bobo's blunder, and the liberals are angry.
                Are Leftists ever not angry...?

Comment

Attempted war with North Korea????

A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

We had no business in Iraq either. The threat of terror growing if we leave is the same as well. Both Obama and Trump were right for wanting to leave each. But I'm not partisan so I can admit that.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We had no business in Iraq either. The threat of terror growing if we leave is the same as well. Both Obama and Trump were right for wanting to leave each. But I'm not partisan so I can admit that.
                      Actually, I think Iraq could have become inevitable. Could, not would. That is we invade Afghanistan to get bin Laden. He flees to Iraq instead of Pakistan and runs al Qaeda from there. Now, we're back to a war with Iraq.

After all, Iraq was awash with all sorts of terrorists. Al Qaeda had meetings with Saddam by politely turned him down in the end due to religious differences. But, in a storm, any port will do...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                        Actually, I think Iraq could have become inevitable. Could, not would. That is we invade Afghanistan to get bin Laden. He flees to Iraq instead of Pakistan and runs al Qaeda from there. Now, we're back to a war with Iraq.

After all, Iraq was awash with all sorts of terrorists. Al Qaeda had meetings with Saddam by politely turned him down in the end due to religious differences. But, in a storm, any port will do...
                        Saddam and AQ were enemies. Saddam was secular, remember?
                        But thanks God we cleaned Iraq from the terrorists that existed there before 9/11...
                        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

But I'm not partisan so I can admit that.
                          You start a thread titled "Trump Sets His Sights on Iran, Now that Attempted War with North Korea has Backfired".......and you claim to be non partisan in the same thread....
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Not partisan...

By the very posts that others quote, TactiKill is the text-book definition of partisan. And, a liar, obviously, if he claims otherwise. This is why the ignore function is so important.
                            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                              Saddam and AQ were enemies. Saddam was secular, remember?
                              But thanks God we cleaned Iraq from the terrorists that existed there before 9/11...
                              They had meetings. But, Al Qaeda turned Saddam down on the religious aspect. Notes were found when the US invaded, and this was reported in the Toronto Sun at the time. The US MSM ignored it entirely. The Canadian paper included a photo of some of the notes.

So, it is possible, in a pinch and needing somewhere safe to hide al Qaeda could have moved to Iraq following the US invasion of Afghanistan. It doesn't mean they would have, but it is certainly possible they could have.

And, yes, cleaning out all the other terrorists there was a good thing. I think the funniest one was a female German citizen who was a member of the Red Brigades in Germany who showed up at the Frankfurt airport a few days before the US invaded and turned herself into German authorities who wanted her for firebombing nightclubs full of US GI's killing several. She got 30 years, the max in Germany. Guess that's better than a stay at GITMO or a US trial and possible death penalty...

Comment

Still not a valid reason to invade a country.
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X