Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Sets His Sights on Iran, Now that Attempted War with North Korea has Backfired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Sets His Sights on Iran, Now that Attempted War with North Korea has Backfired

Armed conflict between the US and Iran is becoming more probable by the day as super-hawks replace hawks in the Trump administration. The new National Security Adviser, John Bolton, has called for the US to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal of 2015 and advocated immediate regime change in Tehran.
    If we are on the edge of a fresh crisis in the Middle East, centring on Iran, then the US is in a much weaker position than it was pre-Trump. Domestically divided and short of allies, it can no longer control the rules of the game as it once did. Over the last year there are two examples of this: in May, Trump visited Saudi Arabia giving unequivocal backing to its rulers and blaming the troubles of the region on Iran. But it turned out that the prime target of Saudi Arabia and UAE was not Iran but tiny Qatar. All Trump had achieved was to break the previously united front of Gulf monarchies against Iran.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8281436.html

As he prepares for possible talks with the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un about controlling the North’s nuclear weapons program, President Trump is facing his most complicated national security challenge so far. He has made the task far harder by threatening to blow up the only other recent deal to control a nuclear program, with Iran.

Iran gave away about 97 percent of its low-enriched uranium, destroyed 13,000 of its 19,000 centrifuges and pledged to incapacitate a heavy-water facility intended to produce weapons-grade plutonium.

If Iran tries to cheat, the most rigorous technological verification system in the world can detect the violations and alert the world in time to intervene. The International Atomic Energy Agency, which monitors the agreement, has repeatedly found Iran in compliance; scores of experts, including American diplomats and military officers, have affirmed the deal’s efficacy. Israel’s army chief of staff, Lt. Gen. Gadi Eisenkot, told Haaretz on Friday that the deal has delayed the “Iranian nuclear vision by 10 to 15 years.”

More likely, Mr. Kim will see it as proof that the United States cannot be trusted to stick to its commitments and will be reluctant to reach any agreement.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/01/o...rea-talks.html

America first, except when it comes to Israel. We'll still fight their battles for them.

Now, get your paper sack out...

Comment

Nah, the trade war with China is just starting.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Attempted war with North Korea???
          ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
            Attempted war with North Korea???
            Don't feed the troll.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Oh, for crying out loud. TDS is a raging epidemic around here.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Oh, for crying out loud. TDS is a raging epidemic around here.
                TDS

Trump's Delusional Sucker's

At least ya don't have that Boy in the White House and his Big Mama.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                  ...TDS...
                  Trump Deflection Syndrome.

Comment

It reminds me a joke I heard a long time ago...

Question: How do Americans learn the geography of other countries?

Answer: By bombing them...
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                      https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8281436.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/01/o...rea-talks.html

America first, except when it comes to Israel. We'll still fight their battles for them.
                      I sea : as usual

1) Quoting the mouthpiece of ISIS

2 ) AntiSemitic rants .

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Now, get your paper sack out...

I forgot who my audience is here. But, can we go a few years without slaughtering someone? I know you don't care about Muslim lives, but what does America gain from this? Obviously Trump is willing to work with adversaries who are competing against our interest, Russia, so why not a peaceful solution with Iran as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          I sea : as usual

1) Quoting the mouthpiece of ISIS

2 ) AntiSemitic rants .
                          Yes, right.....

1 It is an EDITORIAL from the NYT

2. Apparently, you are not aware that ESPECIALLY the New York Times which is based in a city with a large Jewish (and educated) minority has a very high percentage of journalists and editors with a Jewish background

3 Here is a link with the employees in NYT Check the publisher and the editorial board to see how many of them have some type of Jewish bacckground

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...imes_employees

You do not have to go far...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bennet_(journalist)

James Douglas Bennet (born March 28, 1966) is an American journalist. He is currently the Editorial Page editor at The New York Times.
                          "James Bennet was born in Boston, Massachusetts, the son of Susanne Bennet (née Klejman; of Polish Jewish descent) and Douglas J. Bennet.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                            It reminds me a joke I heard a long time ago...

Question: How do Americans learn the geography of other countries?

Answer: By bombing them...
                            Sadly, we don't use nukes anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                              Nah, the trade war with China is just starting.
                              Excellent. Once the dust clears, perhaps the Chinese will play more honestly.

Tuebor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X