Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
    Bold mine:

Because the public arena must be reserved for the "professionals" of the political swamp?
    Did you believe the same thing about Joe the plumber?
    No one in the public arena should be spared.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
      Yes regarding the arguments, but this does not mean that ad hominem attacks should be justified. We do not argue that a FOX journalist should not try to confront the kid's argument.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• PS 82, how much sympathy did you give Reagan when he was shot?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• ...kid needs a swift kick in the ass....

Having worked in a public high school for the past twenty seven or so years, my take on this Hogg kid is that he's typical of the modern entitled teenager. They want instant gratification without actually working toward or earning what it takes to gain such gratification. They find a cause, they form an opinion, they gather a few limited facts that support that opinion and then they demand that everyone adhere to that opinion...now.
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
            Having worked in a public high school for the past twenty seven or so years, my take on this Hogg kid is that he's typical of the modern entitled teenager. They want instant gratification without actually working toward or earning what it takes to gain such gratification. They find a cause, they form an opinion, they gather a few limited facts that support that opinion and then they demand that everyone adhere to that opinion...now.

what gratification does he want. Sensible gun control, not the banning of all guns. Does he really want INSTANT gratification.? I don't know what you want from the teens but a way to many have first hand experience of getting shot at and seeing friends killed. That's something I believe you have had the good luck of not experiencing. IMO IF your against what these kids are demonstrating against then you support the no answer, thoughts and prayers do nothing that in affect support more mass shootings.

Comment

Maybe I am misunderstanding the scope of your point, but think that it should be limited to anyone "voluntarily" in the public arena.

I don't think that joe the plumber or monica lewinsky or linda tripp voluntarily entered the public arena and yet they were relentlessly attacked. David Hogg didn't enter the public arena by being a victim in the attack, but he did enter it when he started making political statements.

I don't recall if Joe went on to make public statements, but if he did, then he is fair game. I don't think he was fair game merely for interacting with obama. And, as I recall, the local dems used the power of the government to attack him.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Poor Laura Ingraham, the delicate snowflake

Poor Laura Ingraham, the delicate snowflake.

The Fox News Channel manure-thrower has taken some time off, having been blasted right out of her cable-TV battlefield command post by a bunch of high school kids.

Such a satisfying outcome. And Ingraham, accustomed to siccing Fox's army of far-right orcs against the liberals and moderate conservatives they hate with such slavering intensity, plainly didn't see it coming, which made it all the more enjoyable to watch.

Ingraham, who began her career in university outing gay students, probably thought David Hogg, a 17-year-old survivor of the recent Florida high school massacre, would crumple, or maybe start crying — you know, the way sensitive liberals tend to do — when she unleashed one of her ad hominem attacks on him, mocking him for being rejected by UCLA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill shack View Post
                  Poor Laura Ingraham, the delicate snowflake.

The Fox News Channel manure-thrower has taken some time off, having been blasted right out of her cable-TV battlefield command post by a bunch of high school kids.

Such a satisfying outcome. And Ingraham, accustomed to siccing Fox's army of far-right orcs against the liberals and moderate conservatives they hate with such slavering intensity, plainly didn't see it coming, which made it all the more enjoyable to watch.

Ingraham, who began her career in university outing gay students, probably thought David Hogg, a 17-year-old survivor of the recent Florida high school massacre, would crumple, or maybe start crying — you know, the way sensitive liberals tend to do — when she unleashed one of her ad hominem attacks on him, mocking him for being rejected by UCLA.

Real beauty to have watched.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    He can either be treated as an adult, as Ingram did, or as a child, in which case nobody will take him seriously.
                    ... aside from other children.
                    Even the 40 year-old variety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5tEoDsgT8&t=781s

so your okay if I decide to dig into your life and start tossing everything on national news

There needs to be a line. Except if your running for office we already way to deep into to that slime pit

what does him not getting in to school half to do with anything. It just her being a blank was it relevant to the story. no

So if people want to boycott her for her behavior it her fault not his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
                      Telling someone not to complain is crossing a line?

I wish I could live in the bubble wrap filled world you must inhabit but in the real world you will be told and should be told to suck it up when life deals you a bad hand.

Hogg will find himself most unemployable and unteachable if he can't handle criticism.
                      that not criticism what she did. That was just a low blow cheap shot.

and it appears she getting punished for it.

what his college letter have to do with anything he speaking about. Now suppose he out shooting guns all the time that new worthy

and you need to find a better place to live because the whole world does not operate the way you think it does. what you consider crtiism is not that just being a bad person.

Comment

No, the sponsors that bailed were afraid of a boycott from people like you.
                        naw it because we do have some lines especially about kid

or next up presidential kids will be served up as political fodder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

wait doesn't this whole section of the forum operate that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                            Maybe I am misunderstanding the scope of your point, but think that it should be limited to anyone "voluntarily" in the public arena.

I don't think that joe the plumber or monica lewinsky or linda tripp voluntarily entered the public arena and yet they were relentlessly attacked. David Hogg didn't enter the public arena by being a victim in the attack, but he did enter it when he started making political statements.

I don't recall if Joe went on to make public statements, but if he did, then he is fair game. I don't think he was fair game merely for interacting with obama. And, as I recall, the local dems used the power of the government to attack him.
                            Voluntarily is what I meant.
                            ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
                              naw it because we do have some lines especially about kid

or next up presidential kids will be served up as political fodder.
                              They already are.
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

yep so we know never ask a politician a question do not talk to the news and don't work for a politician

So your advocating it ok for your whole life to be dragged out if you use your write of free speech. interesting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X