Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
    He was present and hiding inside a classroom videotaping during the shooting. Try reading any reliable account of events with the video footage he shot, testimony of his teacher, and classmates.
    My source was his own words, unless you think his voice was dubbed in the interview. He plainly said he was at home (presumably after being taken home after the shooting), but then got his camera and biked three miles back to the school. FWIW, his being present does NOT make him a victim.

Tuebor

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
      My source was his own words, unless you think his voice was dubbed in the interview. He plainly said he was at home (presumably after being taken home after the shooting), but then got his camera and biked three miles back to the school. FWIW, his being present does NOT make him a victim.

Tuebor
      So, you are not familiar with the tactic of editing clips and selecting only particular parts of someone's speeches to create false impressions?

So let me understand: How do you evaluate the credibility of the sources you use? Do you just see a clip with someone saying something and conclude that everything is okay with the source because it uses a person's words?
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
        Yes, in Iran: Do you know how many Iranians have committed terrorist acts in the US?
        Here's what you posted:

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        Not to mention that we do not have any particular problem with 'farsi' participation in common criminality, mass shootings or even terrorism.
        It doesn't matter if it was in the US or overseas attacks against Americans.

Hundreds of Americans have died due to Iranian sponsored terrorist attacks........yes, America does have a problem with Iranian sponsored terrorism and it has had it since November 1979:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_a...ored_terrorism

BTW, before you go down another rabbit hole, study up on the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations; 1961.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
          Here's what you posted:

It doesn't matter if it was in the US or overseas attacks against Americans.

Hundreds of Americans have died due to Iranian sponsored terrorist attacks........yes, America does have a problem with Iranian sponsored terrorism and it has had it since November 1979:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_a...ored_terrorism

BTW, before you go down another rabbit hole, study up on the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations; 1961.
          Bold mine...

It does matter in the context of this thread. When we talk about mass shootings, my quote implies domestic terrorism. If i did not make this clear in initially, I make it now. And I said the same thing when Gardner asked a question for clarification.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Tuebor
            It makes him a voyeur at best, at worst a would-be member of the media.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

It does matter in the context of this thread. When we talk about mass shootings, my quote implies domestic terrorism.
              In the context of this thread: "How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim"

Your post wasn't in line with the thread or history.

Originally posted by pamak View Post
              If i did not make this clear in initially, I make it now. And I said the same thing when Gardner asked a question for clarification.
              It doesn't matter how you try to explain your post....America does have a problem with Iranian sponsored terrorism....hundreds of Americans have been murdered.
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                In the context of this thread: "How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim"

Your post wasn't in line with the thread or history.

It doesn't matter how you try to explain your post....America does have a problem with Iranian sponsored terrorism....hundreds of Americans have been murdered.
                As I've mentioned a few times; when my oldest son deployed with 1st Cav; April 2004 to April 2005; to Baghdad Iraq, about half the "insurgents" they killed or captured spoke Farsi. Most of the advanced IEDs were from Iran. Iran is not USA friendly. Agreed, this is a side note.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                “War is merely the continuation of politics by other means” - von Clausewitz

Comment

Tuebor
                  Iíve posted four sources debunking the absolute trash conspiracy theory multiple users have posted. Go back and look.

He was present at the shooting as attested by teacher, classmates, and video. He returned home before biking back and participating in interviews.
                  First Counsul Maleketh of Jonov

Comment

• Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    As I've mentioned a few times; when my oldest son deployed with 1st Cav; April 2004 to April 2005; to Baghdad Iraq, about half the "insurgents" they killed or captured spoke Farsi. Most of the advanced IEDs were from Iran. Iran is not USA friendly. Agreed, this is a side note.
                    Nobody said that Iran is US friendly. There is mutual hostility, but this does not mean that we have a problem with Iranians mass shooting Americans in the US either as common criminals or as terrorists. And by the way, in Iraq insurgents came in many flavors. While terrorists definitely participated in the insurgency, there were also insurgents with no ties to terrorism who wanted to end the American occupation. And such people also planted IEDs

Comment

• Originally posted by Delenda estRoma View Post
                      Iíve posted four sources debunking the absolute trash conspiracy theory multiple users have posted. Go back and look.

He was present at the shooting as attested by teacher, classmates, and video. He returned home before biking back and participating in interviews.
                      You need better reading comprehension. I never once asserted nor implied he was not present. I merely stated he was not a victim and therefore not entitled to "victim status," and furthermore his actions were curious as he returned to school afterwards, by his own admission, to take pictures, and that I found that a bit gruesome.

Tuebor

Comment

So, you are not familiar with the tactic of editing clips and selecting only particular parts of someone's speeches to create false impressions?

So let me understand: How do you evaluate the credibility of the sources you use? Do you just see a clip with someone saying something and conclude that everything is okay with the source because it uses a person's words?
                        No. I saw a clip where he was talking and mentioned grabbing his camera and biking the three miles to school. It was a complete sentence with no way to be taken out of context. It was part of an overall discussion, and the first time I came across it was in an article explaining the "misunderstanding" that led to some believing he said he was not there. You assume too much.

Have you even bothered to watch any of his interviews, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing, because you take his "side?"

Tuebor

Comment

Have you even bothered to watch any of his interviews, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing, because you take his "side?"Tuebor
                          Exactly!
                          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

No. I saw a clip where he was talking and mentioned grabbing his camera and biking the three miles to school. It was a complete sentence with no way to be taken out of context. It was part of an overall discussion, and the first time I came across it was in an article explaining the "misunderstanding" that led to some believing he said he was not there. You assume too much.

Have you even bothered to watch any of his interviews, or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing, because you take his "side?"

Tuebor
                            Wait a minute!

Incomplete sentences make it too obvious that someone takes things out of context. It is full sentences which are usually taken out of context. It seems that YOU are arguing for the sake of providing cover to those who spread fake news.
                            Here is what Exorcist said

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                            David Hogg was 3 miles away, so he wasn't even there.
                            But, still a victim. eh?

The fact that Hoggs was not killed or injured during the shooting was known. So why would someone try to argue that Hoggs was not a victim because he was '3 miles away?" Obviously such claims are used to spread fake news that Hoggs supposedly was not at the school at the time of the shooting and therefore he is lying when he claims victimhood. If one really wanted to make the argument that you try to make now and say that Hoggs is not a victim because he was not hit, he could say so without the need to tell us anything about Hoggs' location After all, the logic is that even if Hoggs was inside the school, he still cannot claim that he is a victim because he was not shot! So, the "full sentence" with Hoggs words about his location is just a lame attempt to support the narrative that Hoggs is a "lying SOB" (I use Exorcist's words).
                            Last edited by pamak; 05 Apr 18, 21:48.

Comment

Tuebor
                              Facts are alien things to the left.
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
                                Addressing mods.

Pirateship has confirmed on public forums that he is a virgin.

And from the years of his posting here I gather he works a non teaching position at a school. Going by the fact teachers dont get paid enough one can only surmize that his lower status job is also relatively low paid.

No insult intended, just posting my observations.
                                hmm my dad was a janitor and had more effect on the students that most teachers.

So you might want to rethink that scenario.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X