Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by craven View Post
    hmm what was you stand on the Keurig boycott just wondering

and I seen just as many boycotts called for from the right your letting your bias come into play.

hmm so what if he describes me that way. ie with four letter words still out of bounds for me to go after his personal life.

I can beat him on the stage of ideas which is something Laura I guess is not capable of doing
    Now this IS an interesting dichotomy on your part.

Your believe it is okay for David Hogg to criticize people with scathing bad language. But you were just saying that criticism against him crosses a line. Why you were clutching your pearls over Mr. Hogg being told not to whine but now you endorse him using far harsher criticism against other people.

Do you TRULY believe in the bubble wrap world of no criticism? Or do you want bubble wrap for you and Mr. Hogg but free reign to play critical politics without reciprocity? We call that hypocrisy in the real world.....
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
      Explain how telling someone to stop complaining is being a bad person?

If anything, Mr. Hogg needs MORE people telling him to pipe down. For his sake. Because this is how the real world works: griping doesn't make you successful. If griping put money in the bank every member of this forum would be a millionaire.

But it doesn't. You know what does? Work and study. You may think you're doing this kid a service by shielding him from criticism but you aren't. When his celebrity capital runs out the media will drop him for the next shiny object that catches their eye. Then he's back to having to work for a living and he's going to find out really fast that griping doesn't get you hired. And since he has now expressed the opinion that businesses that displease him should be shut down that's another black mark against him. Would you hire someone who would try to destroy your business the moment you did something he didn't like? The media doesn't care about this guy's future. He's just a pawn for their ideological jihad. And while the left will tolerate even sex offenders for their political capital, the moment you outlive your usefulness its ciao ciao.

Compassion doesn't mean protecting people from hurt feelings. It means giving them what they need to move forward, whether its a hug or a kick in the pants. And its better that Mr. Hogg learn that acting like a child won't get him employed sooner than later. Reinforcing bad behavior just makes it harder to unlearn later on.

The media doesn't care a wit for this kid. They've made his constipation scowl the avatar of their campaign. Looks great for a we're mad and we're not gonna take it photo shoot but definitely not the mental image you want attached to your resume. They goad and script these kids and make no mistake, they are assets and nothing more. And when the fame fades it's back to work. The sooner he is taught a proper work ethic the better. Teenagerhood is the time for making mistakes but if he enters the adult world with an antitlement mentality he will have a hard path ahead. Giving him the lessons he needs, THAT is the charitable thing to do.

Sorry but isn't his GPA above average?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddybhoy View Post
        Sorry but isn't his GPA above average?
        Most probably he was not admitted to elite universities in CA because he had a relatively low score in SAT which is a test assessing the academic skills of university candidates.
        The high school GPA was just one component of the overall score.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
          Most probably he was not admitted to elite universities in CA because he had a relatively low score in SAT which is a test assessing the academic skills of university candidates.
          The high school GPA was just one component of the overall score.
          I know but as far as I am aware he wasn't that far off the mark and more importantly he DIDN'T whine about being rejected.

Comment

I know but as far as I am aware he wasn't that far off the mark and more importantly he DIDN'T whine about being rejected.
            If he was off the mark even by little, then this could be enough to be outscored by other candidates. Remember that it was not that he failed to enter any university. He was accepted in some universities. He simply was not accepted in the elite ones. At least this is what I sense because, truthfully, I have not read the details of his story...And yes, I understand the comment about the alleged 'whining."
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Your believe it is okay for David Hogg to criticize people with scathing bad language. But you were just saying that criticism against him crosses a line. Why you were clutching your pearls over Mr. Hogg being told not to whine but now you endorse him using far harsher criticism against other people.

Do you TRULY believe in the bubble wrap world of no criticism? Or do you want bubble wrap for you and Mr. Hogg but free reign to play critical politics without reciprocity? We call that hypocrisy in the real world.....
              The Hypocrisy of the Left.
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Look at all the gun laws that the UK has. Do their criminals obey them? Or are the law abiding being prevented from defending themselves?
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                  Look at all the gun laws that the UK has. Do their criminals obey them? Or are the law abiding being prevented from defending themselves?
                  The crime rate in London is surpassing New York City.

So, the answer is obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    The crime rate in London is surpassing New York City.

So, the answer is obvious.
                    Are you still claiming that Hogg was three miles away at the time of the shooting?
                    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                      Are you still claiming that Hogg was three miles away at the time of the shooting?
                      Why do you care? It is not like proving him wrong here (which you have done) is going to make him change his ways.

People like him don't come here to learn (and to an extent neither does anybody else here, myself included.)

Comment

Why do you care? It is not like proving him wrong here (which you have done) is going to make him change his ways.

People like him don't come here to learn (and to an extent neither does anybody else here, myself included.)
                        I don't particularly care and I am aware that it will not make any difference. In fact I already said that in a reply to another poster in this thread. On occasion though some of the lies and misinformation are so blatant that a couple of links or sentences feels reasonable.

I certainly do n't care enough to get involved in lengthy posts or discussions anymore. I had a bit of time to kill this morning and a couple of sentences here highlighting that lack of facts seemed reasonable to me. As did posting on Gorque's far more informative Die Stadt ohne Juden thread.
                        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                          Look at all the gun laws that the UK has. Do their criminals obey them? Or are the law abiding being prevented from defending themselves?
                          Ya look at their gun laws. Mass shooting every week. Disgraceful that they WANT their toys instead of placing he safety of their citizen first.
                          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

You and the real world.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

no you don't get it do you Ingraham was not criticizing him she was making fun of him. what did Laura say about him that was related to the issue

on the other hand what he is talking about is on the issue

what so tough about that
                              Last edited by craven; 05 Apr 18, 09:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                                The Hypocrisy of the Left.
                                lmao I am on the right

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X