Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
    They already are.
    naw they usually are non stories other than props I don't remember to much about Obama kids or chelsea I hope the same Bannon

well except for when Mom kept him in school in NY costing us money but other than that nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      Maybe I am misunderstanding the scope of your point, but think that it should be limited to anyone "voluntarily" in the public arena.

I don't think that joe the plumber or monica lewinsky or linda tripp voluntarily entered the public arena and yet they were relentlessly attacked. David Hogg didn't enter the public arena by being a victim in the attack, but he did enter it when he started making political statements.

I don't recall if Joe went on to make public statements, but if he did, then he is fair game. I don't think he was fair game merely for interacting with obama. And, as I recall, the local dems used the power of the government to attack him.
      Didn't Joe show up on TV shows voicing his opinion?

Wiki has this, plus much more.

Joe the Plumber, is an American conservative activist and commentator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_th...ntrol_comments

Fair game for comments.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

They already are.
        They are part of the government. See the difference.They are also adult, by age.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Didn't Joe show up on TV shows voicing his opinion?

Wiki has this, plus much more.

Joe the Plumber, is an American conservative activist and commentator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_th...ntrol_comments

Fair game for comments.

Yes, and as I said, once he tried to enter the political arena he became fair game.
          The problem is that he was attacked before he did that. If my dates are correct, he interacted with BO on Oct 15 and by the 17th dems had illegally conducted searches of his records with the State and there were numerous articles attacking his credibility.
          All he did was ask Obama a question while BO worked the crowd.
          We all quickly learned that isn't permissible.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

• Originally posted by craven View Post
            yep so we know never ask a politician a question do not talk to the news and don't work for a politician

So your advocating it ok for your whole life to be dragged out if you use your write of free speech. interesting

No I do not agree with the politics of personal destruction.
            I am saying that people who voluntarily thrust themselves before the public must accept the risks of invasive public scrutiny. It is an unfortunate consequence of being in the public these days.

As I never said it was ok to attack anyone under any circumstances I am not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

No I do not agree with the politics of personal destruction.
              I am saying that people who voluntarily thrust themselves before the public must accept the risks of invasive public scrutiny. It is an unfortunate consequence of being in the public these days.

As I never said it was ok to attack anyone under any circumstances I am not sure how you came to that conclusion.

well you said it was not ok now so all good probally a reading error on my part.

I thought with joe they pulled out his tax returns which I guess is something you can do legally

Comment

well you said it was not ok now so all good probally a reading error on my part.

I thought with joe they pulled out his tax returns which I guess is something you can do legally

It may have been poor writing on my part too.

I am relying in part on memory and some articles I looked at, but as I recall, some state employees accessed his private records and leaked some information.

Omce Joe started giving endorsements, he became fair game.
                Unfortunately, I think things have gone too far.

Comment

It may have been poor writing on my part too.

I am relying in part on memory and some articles I looked at, but as I recall, some state employees accessed his private records and leaked some information.

Omce Joe started giving endorsements, he became fair game.
                  Unfortunately, I think things have gone too far.
                  yeah some of that occurred also

but I think it turned out to be legal for people to know your IRS info or parts of it. I just remember it being a wtf moment for me.

Comment

naw they usually are non stories other than props I don't remember to much about Obama kids or chelsea I hope the same Bannon

well except for when Mom kept him in school in NY costing us money but other than that nothing
                    Trump's youngest was a target for a while.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

so your okay if I decide to dig into your life and start tossing everything on national news
                      If I were to go on a national platform attempting to influence the entire Nation's destiny, I would think it would be inevitable.

And if I was on the Right's side, the usual vicious smear campaign would also be inevitable.

Originally posted by craven View Post
                      There needs to be a line. Except if your running for office we already way to deep into to that slime pit
                      What line is that, exactly?

what does him not getting in to school half to do with anything.
                      Dunno, HE was the one complaining about it in the first damn place!

It just her being a blank was it relevant to the story. no
                      Tell it to the punk who only uses 4-letter words to describe Republicans.
                      There are vids of him doing it... but they are too filthy to be posted here, which ought to tell you something about the Hogg in itself, eh?

So if people want to boycott her for her behavior it her fault not his.
                      And if Corporations are pressured into pulling their sponsorships against their will or just to avoid the usual campaign of hate & Mafia-style threats from the Left, then it is everyone's business.

And backing down is just letting the Republic for which we stand die a little more.

Murdering our Rights, one Amendment at a time, is what the Left is all about these days.

Comment

yeah some of that occurred also

but I think it turned out to be legal for people to know your IRS info or parts of it. I just remember it being a wtf moment for me.

I guess this is a wtf moment for me....

if this is the case, then why could not they do it for Trump?
                        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Trump's youngest was a target for a while.
                          hmm don't remember that except for how I portrayed it.

and I am guessing there was push back

usually there one idiot who says or does something then gets dog piled by everyone else

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post
                            I guess this is a wtf moment for me....

if this is the case, then why could not they do it for Trump?

yeah not sure why they could but I remember it was legal. might of been due ot bankruptcy or back taxes

I know the guys initially did it got in trouble but other stuff came out which was considered public information for some odd reason
                            Last edited by craven; 04 Apr 18, 14:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                              If I were to go on a national platform attempting to influence the entire Nation's destiny, I would think it would be inevitable.

And if I was on the Right's side, the usual vicious smear campaign would also be inevitable.

What line is that, exactly?

Dunno, HE was the one complaining about it in the first damn place!

Tell it to the punk who only uses 4-letter words to describe Republicans.
                              There are vids of him doing it... but they are too filthy to be posted here, which ought to tell you something about the Hogg in itself, eh?

And if Corporations are pressured into pulling their sponsorships against their will or just to avoid the usual campaign of hate & Mafia-style threats from the Left, then it is everyone's business.

And backing down is just letting the Republic for which we stand die a little more.

Murdering our Rights, one Amendment at a time, is what the Left is all about these days.

hmm what was you stand on the Keurig boycott just wondering

and I seen just as many boycotts called for from the right your letting your bias come into play.

hmm so what if he describes me that way. ie with four letter words still out of bounds for me to go after his personal life.

I can beat him on the stage of ideas which is something Laura I guess is not capable of doing

Comment

that not criticism what she did. That was just a low blow cheap shot.

and it appears she getting punished for it.

So are the advertisers who left. The ones I've been watching got hammered in counter boycotts.

what his college letter have to do with anything he speaking about. Now suppose he out shooting guns all the time that new worthy

and you need to find a better place to live because the whole world does not operate the way you think it does. what you consider crtiism is not that just being a bad person.
                                Explain how telling someone to stop complaining is being a bad person?

If anything, Mr. Hogg needs MORE people telling him to pipe down. For his sake. Because this is how the real world works: griping doesn't make you successful. If griping put money in the bank every member of this forum would be a millionaire.

But it doesn't. You know what does? Work and study. You may think you're doing this kid a service by shielding him from criticism but you aren't. When his celebrity capital runs out the media will drop him for the next shiny object that catches their eye. Then he's back to having to work for a living and he's going to find out really fast that griping doesn't get you hired. And since he has now expressed the opinion that businesses that displease him should be shut down that's another black mark against him. Would you hire someone who would try to destroy your business the moment you did something he didn't like? The media doesn't care about this guy's future. He's just a pawn for their ideological jihad. And while the left will tolerate even sex offenders for their political capital, the moment you outlive your usefulness its ciao ciao.

Compassion doesn't mean protecting people from hurt feelings. It means giving them what they need to move forward, whether its a hug or a kick in the pants. And its better that Mr. Hogg learn that acting like a child won't get him employed sooner than later. Reinforcing bad behavior just makes it harder to unlearn later on.

The media doesn't care a wit for this kid. They've made his constipation scowl the avatar of their campaign. Looks great for a we're mad and we're not gonna take it photo shoot but definitely not the mental image you want attached to your resume. They goad and script these kids and make no mistake, they are assets and nothing more. And when the fame fades it's back to work. The sooner he is taught a proper work ethic the better. Teenagerhood is the time for making mistakes but if he enters the adult world with an antitlement mentality he will have a hard path ahead. Giving him the lessons he needs, THAT is the charitable thing to do.
                                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X