Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much sympathy should be granted to a politically active crime victim?

So it looks like another Fox show is in the crosshairs of the boycott free speech crowd. Apparently one of the Florida shooting survivors, David Hogg, didn't like something he heard on the Ingraham angle and is trying to get the show shut down. It begs the question of how much sympathy and grace from sympathy should be warranted to a politically active crime victim.

I certainly feel bad about his harrowing experience. And you're never as dumb as when you're a teenager, I have no doubt he's being flattered and manipulated by the left wing media tugging at the strings. So his behavior is understandable even if it is incorrect or inappropriate. Teenagers are immature, nothing unusual about one throwing a tantrum. Except in this case the tantrum advocates the attacking of free speech.

I am forced to say my goodwill has limits. If he's going to take a radical anti free speech position and play in the big boy political arena, I can't really rationalize treating him with kid gloves anymore. Youthful naivete or not, he is expressing an attitude dangerous to free speech. At what point should sympathy be withheld and hard reality allowed to deliver a swift kick to the ass?
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
    So it looks like another Fox show is in the crosshairs of the boycott free speech crowd. Apparently one of the Florida shooting survivors, David Hogg, didn't like something he heard on the Ingraham angle and is trying to get the show shut down. It begs the question of how much sympathy and grace from sympathy should be warranted to a politically active crime victim.

I certainly feel bad about his harrowing experience. And you're never as dumb as when you're a teenager, I have no doubt he's being flattered and manipulated by the left wing media tugging at the strings. So his behavior is understandable even if it is incorrect or inappropriate. Teenagers are immature, nothing unusual about one throwing a tantrum. Except in this case the tantrum advocates the attacking of free speech.

I am forced to say my goodwill has limits. If he's going to take a radical anti free speech position and play in the big boy political arena, I can't really rationalize treating him with kid gloves anymore. Youthful naivete or not, he is expressing an attitude dangerous to free speech. At what point should sympathy be withheld and hard reality allowed to deliver a swift kick to the ass?
    None, IMO. Or, if one prefers, just as much as he gives to others that he disagrees with.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

David Hogg is a troll, political opportunist, and antagonist of the worst sort. He seems to be pretty good at propaganda and the Big Lie. He deserves little to no respect for that, especially as it seems he wasn't even in the school during the shooting, and I doubt mere attendance there counts...

Comment

SAD mother
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

As others here are so fond of saying, free speech has nothing to do with the private sector. It (and your other rights) merely say what the government can't infringe on.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            David Hogg is a troll, political opportunist, and antagonist of the worst sort. He seems to be pretty good at propaganda and the Big Lie. He deserves little to no respect for that, especially as it seems he wasn't even in the school during the shooting, and I doubt mere attendance there counts...
            Some fringe bloggers seem to have put the theory that he wasn't there forward.....they seem to have been disproved.

Comment

David Hogg was 3 miles away, so he wasn't even there.
              But, still a victim. eh?
              Or is he the most powerful and influential figure in the media today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqjtRC5sxzg

Hulu and Expedia are among the list of Corporations boycotting Laura Ingram.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Bold mine...

Does losing friends, classmates, teachers, etc count?

Or should such losses be ignored simply because he was not at school at the time of shooting?
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                  Bold mine...

Does losing friends, classmates, teachers, etc count?

Or should such losses be ignored simply because he was not at school at the time of shooting?
                  How about because he is a little lying S.O.B.?

Of does that even matter anymore? Of course not! He's a Leftist Media figure, the bigger the lies the bigger the stardom.
                  So let's roll out the red carpet for the kid who is speaking more viciously and brutally than any adult can get away with.

Or.... maybe not.
                  Maybe that kid can toughen up and get his act together, like Ben Shapiro did;

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                    How about because he is a little lying S.O.B.?

Of does that even matter anymore?
                    Of course not! He's a Leftist Media figure, the bigger the lies the bigger the stardom.
                    So let's roll out the red carpet for the kid who is speaking more viciously and brutally than any adult can get away with.

Or.... maybe not.
                    Maybe that kid can toughen up and get his act together, like Ben Shapiro did;

I hate to inform you that as long as you do not seem eager to challenge even once Trump's constant lies, you look like that you do not give a [email protected]# about lying SOBs. You only care about them when they are in the opposite political spectrum.
                    And for the record, I have not followed this guy. Personally, I do not know what he says and to tell you the truth I do not feel necessary to hear him. I have developed my views regarding the issue of gun regulations and this cannot be changed by him. He can only reinforce my views and not challenge them! So, in truth I do not know if he is a "lying SOB" or if he is not. My comment was addressing the view that one can easily dismiss him because he was not at school at the time of the shooting. This is a BS argument.
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I hate to inform you that as long as you do not seem eager to challenge even once Trump's constant lies, you look like that you do not give a [email protected]# about lying SOBs....
                      So, that is your litmus test for another person's worth, being Anti-Trump?

Shocking...

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                        So, that is your litmus test for another person's worth, being Anti-Trump?

Shocking...
                        My litmus test of another person's worth examines his honesty. One can be pro-Trump and still hold his leader accountable or criticize him for his lies at least occasionally! Even though I will not agree with such a person politically, I will still see him as a worthy political opponent. So, basically, my litmus test separates worthy political opponents from unworthy ones...

Comment

My litmus test of another person's worth examines his honesty. One can be pro-Trump and still hold his leader accountable or criticize him for his lies. Even though I will not agree with such a person politically, I will still see him as a worthy political opponent. So, basically, my litmus test separates worthy political opponents from unworthy ones...
                          Well, how about the person at hand, rather than a red herring...

Comment

In order to talk about this person I have to watch more than just one 1-minute video. One minute videos are very suspect of taking things out of context. As I said, I am not interested in spending that much time to watch him because his views cannot challenge the views I have about gun regulations. So watching 1 hour of different videos of him to determine if he is lying in order to support his agenda or not does not worth my time. This, however, does not mean that I dismiss him as a victim of the shooting just because he was not there at the time of the massacre (at least according to what you say). I still see him as a victim of the shooting, and I respect that.
                            Last edited by pamak; 31 Mar 18, 19:56.

Comment

His whole argument is sympathy. We've already established his anti-gun legislation won't work, but he gets to carry on because he's having an emotional reaction to his schoolmates getting killed. His parents should make him get therapy, but they probably see a lucrative future in his career as a CNN talking head.
                              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X