the EPA gets a major reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the EPA gets a major reform

EPA’s Pruitt: Agency will no long use junk ‘secret science’ to push climate change hoax

Pruitt will reverse long-standing EPA policy allowing regulators to rely on non-public scientific data in crafting rules. Such studies have been used to justify tens of billions of dollars worth of regulations.

EPA regulators would only be allowed to consider scientific studies that make their data available for public scrutiny under Pruitt’s new policy. Also, EPA-funded studies would need to make all their data public.
    https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018...e-change-hoax/

Its about time, eh?

Oh, I can hear it already; "You should be shut down! The masses are asses and you ain't smart enough or have the right to know what the elite knows about what we are trying to force them to do!!!"

Guess again, comrades.
    Last edited by The Exorcist; 30 Mar 18, 17:50. Reason: typo
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

A good weasel will still find a way out of the cage...

Comment

ohh yes,

Just yesterday I read an article about the whistle blower who was fired for revealing th secret meeting between Perry and a CEO of the coal industry with generous donations to the Trump campaign. He even managed to post photos of the papers Perry got in which there were written about how the administration should move forward

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/17/b...tographer.html

It is almost like they are ready to make love...

and here is a link the paper with the "orders"emmmm... "Action Plan"

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...-the-Trump.pdf

Of course, all this happened behind the public's back. Perry decided that it was not important to reveal to the public the meeting and its contents. So when the details of the meeting were revealed, he chose to fire the whistleblower. Transparency at work...
      Last edited by pamak; 30 Mar 18, 18:22.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        A good weasel will still find a way out of the cage...
        Actually, this is the opposite. The truth is uncaged, and after decades of Junk Science being propped up by a hopelessly corrupt bureaucracy , the last leg that the Global Whining gang had to stand on is going away.
        Far away.

Ahh... and notice how the Stalinists can't debate the issue, but have to side-step to some other thing that attempts to make use of the meme that all Capitalists are evil be association?

How pathetic!

Change the subject and prove you have no argument, ain't dat right homie?
        "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

The subpoena demanded that EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy hand over data from two decades-old taxpayer-funded studies as the agency moves towards the adoption of strict new ozone standards that could cost the U.S. economy $90 billion annually – which would make them the most expensive regulations in U.S. history.
          https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-congressional

The federal government’s chief climate research agency is refusing to give House Republicans the detailed information they want on a controversial study on climate change.
          Citing confidentiality concerns and the integrity of the scientific process, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said it won’t give Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas) the research documents he subpoenaed.
          http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...imate-research

A congressional committee blasted the Environmental Protection Agency today for blocking release of documents related to the Gold King mine disaster, which poured deadly chemicals into the largest source of drinking water in the West.
          https://sfcmac.wordpress.com/2015/08...ts-mine-spill/

EPA scientists hard at work...

Comment

Just read it...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/30/polit...use/index.html

Senior White House aides are exasperated with Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, the already embattled Cabinet secretary who now finds himself at the center of an expanding controversy over his decision to rent a room in Washington, DC, from the family of an energy lobbyist.

Pruitt rented a room in a condo from Vicki and Steven Hart, lobbyists whose firm has lobbied the EPA on behalf of an Oklahoma Energy company, ABC News and Bloomberg reported. According to Bloomberg, Pruitt leased a room for around $50 a night, only paying when he stayed there. In total, Pruitt paid $6,100 for the room over six months, a rate significantly lower than market value.

If this is true, it is a case of corruption and essentially bribing in my book...
            My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
              Just read it...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/30/polit...use/index.html

If this is true, it is a case of corruption and essentially bribing in my book...
              Pfff! That's nothing compared to Gina McCarthy and the EPA, NOAA, et. al., refusing to make their science public. That's a major scandal, especially when their proposed regulations based on that so-called science is going to cost the economy hundreds of billions of dollars.

Even if Pruitt were somehow being influenced by these lobbyists, it isn't costing the US hundreds of billions of dollars.

But, this is really just a red herring. You get an award!

Comment

This is good news. The EPA needs to be brought to heel. It has done enough damage to the economy and the environment.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

As a taxpayer I paid for those studies therefore they ought to be available to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tmal711 View Post
                    As a taxpayer I paid for those studies therefore they ought to be available to me.
                    You paid for the F-35 program, but you're not getting one of those, either.
                    Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      This is good news. The EPA needs to be brought to heel. It has done enough damage to the economy and the environment.
                      Latest out of the EPA is that those ridiculously unrealistic CAFE standards are going to be rolled back. Just listen to the dying wail of the Greenies.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by Tuebor View Post
                        Latest out of the EPA is that those ridiculously unrealistic CAFE standards are going to be rolled back. Just listen to the dying wail of the Greenies.

Tuebor
                        Good.

The core mission of the EPA is important, even critical, but they have wandered far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                          You paid for the F-35 program, but you're not getting one of those, either.
                          !!!

Now, wait just a damned minute. I've been waiting for one of those to be delivered for quite a while now.
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                            !!!

Now, wait just a damned minute. I've been waiting for one of those to be delivered for quite a while now.
                            Well, it'll probably be delivered before the Tesla you put on order is...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                              Pfff! That's nothing compared to Gina McCarthy and the EPA, NOAA, et. al., refusing to make their science public. That's a major scandal, especially when their proposed regulations based on that so-called science is going to cost the economy hundreds of billions of dollars.

Even if Pruitt were somehow being influenced by these lobbyists, it isn't costing the US hundreds of billions of dollars.

But, this is really just a red herring. You get an award!

I cannot even come close to your level when it is about red herring. Your last post about the hidden studies is just one example

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/c...onest-act.html

The Environmental Protection Agency is considering a major change to the way it assesses scientific work, a move that would severely restrict the research available to it when writing environmental regulations.

Under the proposed policy, the agency would no longer consider scientific research unless the underlying raw data can be made public for other scientists and industry groups to examine. As a result, regulators crafting future rules would quite likely find themselves restricted from using some of the most consequential environmental research of recent decades, such as studies linking air pollution to premature deaths or work that measures human exposure to pesticides and other chemicals.

The reason: These fields of research often require personal health information for thousands of individuals, who typically agree to participate only if the details of their lives are kept confidential.
                              You do not need to ask scientists to violate confidential agreements in order to verify their studies. You can easily verify them by replicating their procedure (which IS publicly available) using a different sample of people. But such things are not mentioned because the narrative must be that these "liberal" scientist hide the truth from us!

Not to mention that there has been a long list of literature and studies with raw data not related to personal information which is publicly available (such as about global warming) only to be dismissed by people like you. There are also certain issues of public health and cost of human lives which cannot be easily measured in dollars.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X