Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thoughtful piece on why Cruz was (en) abled to shoot up the school!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thoughtful piece on why Cruz was (en) abled to shoot up the school!

Each day more information comes out about what was happening in Broward and why so many warnings and warning signs were ignored. As always the media ran with the (gun control) lobby but there is no easy answer to these problems, at least with policies that are in place now there is never going to be an easy answer. Though you guys might enjoy this one and maybe it will resonate with more debate.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ons-to-police/

From the linked article:

"Rethink Discipline"

Florida’s Broward County, home to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, was among the leaders in this nationwide policy shift. According to Washington Post reporting, Broward County schools once recorded more in-school arrests than any other Florida district. But in 2013, the school board and the sheriff’s office agreed on a new policy to discontinue police referrals for a dozen infractions ranging from drug use to assault. The number of school-based arrests plummeted by 63 percent from 2012 to 2016. The Obama administration lauded Broward’s reforms and in 2015 invited the district’s superintendent to the White House for an event, “Rethink Discipline,” that would highlight the success of Broward and other localities in “transforming policies and school climate.”
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      From the linked article:

"Rethink Discipline"

Florida’s Broward County, home to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High, was among the leaders in this nationwide policy shift. According to Washington Post reporting, Broward County schools once recorded more in-school arrests than any other Florida district. But in 2013, the school board and the sheriff’s office agreed on a new policy to discontinue police referrals for a dozen infractions ranging from drug use to assault. The number of school-based arrests plummeted by 63 percent from 2012 to 2016. The Obama administration lauded Broward’s reforms and in 2015 invited the district’s superintendent to the White House for an event, “Rethink Discipline,” that would highlight the success of Broward and other localities in “transforming policies and school climate.”
      -------------------
      There was another article from another source but I didn't post it because I wasn't sure of its accuracy. But it was very similar to the one above about said policy. Strange policy, ignore the crimes and make no arrests and amazingly your stats show less crime committed. Imagine that!! From the other article I didn't post there has been major crime there in Broward including gangs making use of the kids there to commit the crimes and they go unpunished and no arrests are made. No wonder they had a opening for someone like Cruz to walk in and do what he did. There was plenty of clues.

Comment

From the linked article:

"Rethink Discipline"

In other words, pencil-whip the stats to make it look good, a tactic widely practiced by the FBI when they announce that "major crimes are down". They just stop declaring certain major crimes.

So here the cops stopped doing their jobs and then took credit for doing the better, under a presidential administration that never enforced anything either. And now they know how poorly that worked out.

Maybe Obama can explain it to the families of the dead.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Rethink gun nuts

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...blind/2780303/
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Good article but I don't think it belongs in this thread.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              In other words, pencil-whip the stats to make it look good, a tactic widely practiced by the FBI when they announce that "major crimes are down". They just stop declaring certain major crimes.

So here the cops stopped doing their jobs and then took credit for doing the better, under a presidential administration that never enforced anything either. And now they know how poorly that worked out.

Mr Ruger is showing once again he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Trump Undid Obama Rule That Added Mentally Ill People to Gun Check Register

http://fortune.com/2018/02/15/trump-...ental-illness/

Rhetoric and reality
              Donald Trump is deporting fewer people than Barack Obama did

https://www.economist.com/news/unite...g-fewer-people

While the links are not from Britefart or FOX MOST won't claim they are left bias

Comment

Good article but I don't think it belongs in this thread.
                Your right to an opinion. The tread is about enabling. The subject of my post is exactly that, Enabling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Another paragraph from the article:

Would an arrest record have changed the judgment of the FBI agents who ignored the tip that Cruz wanted to kill his classmates? Certainly Cruz could not have legally purchased a gun if the 2016 social-services investigation determined that he was a threat to himself and others. That year, according to the Washington Post, the sheriff’s office was informed that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school.” The office determined that Cruz had knives and a BB gun and sent this information to the school resource officer (presumably the now-infamous Scot Peterson). It’s unclear whether Peterson investigated; if he did, neither he nor anyone else evidently filed a report.

I can see why the anti gun advocates are pushing the gun and not the real issue. If the real issue was addressed the 'social engineering' from the Obama administration would be exposed as a major enabling factor in this event.

The problem runs deeper than knowing which bathroom or pronoun to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Your right to an opinion. The tread is about enabling. The subject of my post is exactly that, Enabling.
                    I'm tracking with what you're saying, just not sure that it fits into enabling Cruz to carry out his murders in Florida.

Comment

Another paragraph from the article:

Would an arrest record have changed the judgment of the FBI agents who ignored the tip that Cruz wanted to kill his classmates? Certainly Cruz could not have legally purchased a gun if the 2016 social-services investigation determined that he was a threat to himself and others. That year, according to the Washington Post, the sheriff’s office was informed that Cruz “planned to shoot up the school.” The office determined that Cruz had knives and a BB gun and sent this information to the school resource officer (presumably the now-infamous Scot Peterson). It’s unclear whether Peterson investigated; if he did, neither he nor anyone else evidently filed a report.

I can see why the anti gun advocates are pushing the gun and not the real issue. If the real issue was addressed the 'social engineering' from the Obama administration would be exposed as a major enabling factor in this event.

The problem runs deeper than knowing which bathroom or pronoun to use.
                      It does, and getting our politicians to face the truth is a never-ending, uphill battle. Simpler to pass more and more laws than to ever face responsibility for the system they crafted with their previous laws.

One thing is certain: here in Colorado, a state that takes in massive hunting revenues every year, gun laws are not going anywhere.

Comment

I'm tracking with what you're saying, just not sure that it fits into enabling Cruz to carry out his murders in Florida.
                        In my opinion Trumps retraction on the law covering mental heath and gun ownership was an enabling factor. I'm not even sure if Cruz bought his AR before or after the repeal. IIRC it was March 7th, but the repeal cannot be seen as anything but enabling and I wonder why it was repealed in the first place.

Comment

The challenge is, so many Americans exhibit these type of warning signs or worse.

Several years ago I ran into someone who talked about mass shooters and how they were always kids that were picked on and then he starts ranting about how he was picked on. All to himself, loudly, in public.

If you go online you'll see endless threats of violence and murder.

What can we do? Lock up everyone who exhibits this type of behavior? Do we trust the government to do so without infringing on our rights?

It's a tough and sad situation without a clear answer. I still feel the overarching issue is American culture as a whole that makes aggressive and insensitive behavior acceptable.

Anyone ever traveled to New Zealand? Why are their people so much more laid back and relaxed than we are here? Our society is more extreme and on edge in comparison. Until we get to the heart of the issue, we will never solve this problem.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

A lot of the warning sins were not actionable. And crop up by the thousands across the nation.

But the Sheriff ran a very loose agency wit poor report standards, failed internal communications, and poor supervision.

But he looked good on paper.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              A lot of the warning sins were not actionable. And crop up by the thousands across the nation.

But the Sheriff ran a very loose agency wit poor report standards, failed internal communications, and poor supervision.

But he looked good on paper.
                              So did Obama...

Meanwhile, "not actionable" is not the same as "warning signs" to be noted for future reference. Telling people you are going to "shoot up a school" is NOT a "warning sign", BTW - it is threatened homicide and should have been treated as such.

Time for Leo's to grow a pair. If I threaten to go on a shooting spree out here, I will be rounded up, locked up, and treated like a murderer waiting to happen, and that's how it's supposed to work. It's like making a bomb threat, which WILL get you arrested.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X