Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple, Amazon, Youtube urged to pull NRA material.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple, Amazon, Youtube urged to pull NRA material.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apple-ama...wer&soc_trk=fb

So...we have our discussions going on about how to deal with crime and mental illness when it comes to "mass shootings". Of course, there's no simple answers, kinda, but all of us (at least the sane ones) know the root causes of these problems and aren't basing our opinions off of emotion and intellectual laziness.

However...back to the liberal fairyland, it seems some liberals think that the best way to fix this problem is to attack the freedoms of the law-abiding. I know, I know, they've been doing that for years. But in the link above is some pretty damning evidence of just how the mind of certain liberals operate. As I have posted before, the NRA is not the problem, law-abiding gun owners are not the problem. GUNS aren't the problem. These kinds of people calling for these kinds of boycotts are a big part of the problem, and a catalyst that just makes things much worse than they need to be.

When does this stupid bullshit stop?
    The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

It'll never happen nor should it. The left will constantly put up a fight against elements of free speech that they don't like, but it's the right that has been more effective in that realm. I wouldn't worry about them crying over the NRA channel.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

So long as Hollywood continues to churn out gun-centric movies, the liberals will never get to first base on gun control.

If they make a John Wick film where he takes up gardening and has to deal with an outbreak of aphids just days before his roses are up for judging, then we can worry.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        https://www.yahoo.com/news/apple-ama...wer&soc_trk=fb

So...we have our discussions going on about how to deal with crime and mental illness when it comes to "mass shootings". Of course, there's no simple answers, kinda, but all of us (at least the sane ones) know the root causes of these problems and aren't basing our opinions off of emotion and intellectual laziness.

However...back to the liberal fairyland, it seems some liberals think that the best way to fix this problem is to attack the freedoms of the law-abiding. I know, I know, they've been doing that for years. But in the link above is some pretty damning evidence of just how the mind of certain liberals operate. As I have posted before, the NRA is not the problem, law-abiding gun owners are not the problem. GUNS aren't the problem. These kinds of people calling for these kinds of boycotts are a big part of the problem, and a catalyst that just makes things much worse than they need to be.

When does this stupid bullshit stop?
        Why do other country's have so few gun deaths? Find that answer and you find the problem. IF your not intellectual dishonest that is.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

As I have posted before, the NRA is not the problem, law-abiding gun owners are not the problem. GUNS aren't the problem.
          This is what the NRA is promoting in Arizona:

House Bill 2535, introduced by Representative Kevin Payne (R-21), would protect the right to self-defense while in the premises of a foster home. Foster parents are like any other parents who simply want to care for their children, including exercising their Second Amendment rights in order to protect their families.

Under current Department of Child Safety rules, foster parents are required to store their firearms in locked storage container, with a trigger locking device, and with the ammunition stored separately in a locked device.

This intrusive policy invades people’s homes and forces them to render their firearm useless in a self-defense situation by locking them up.

Arizona’s foster parents should not be forced to choose between their Second Amendment rights or their children.
          I thought the NRA was supposed to be in favour of gun safety.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...ation-advances

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post

Once upon a time they were. Under the present leadership...just making money for the select few.

Comment

Originally posted by Aber View Post

Um...are you sure you're reading and reacting to that correctly?

Besides, what does this have to do with the NRA's freedom to be heard and the usual intolerance of liberals?
              The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                So long as Hollywood continues to churn out gun-centric movies, the liberals will never get to first base on gun control.

If they make a John Wick film where he takes up gardening and has to deal with an outbreak of aphids just days before his roses are up for judging, then we can worry.
                It's their own hypocrisy that kills the liberals where it counts. That's why they rely on lying and fraud instead of intellectual honesty.

This thread is about the NRA having their freedom to be heard blocked, but I do understand the sentiment your posting about.

But...Keanu Reeves isn't a Hollywood liberal, after all. He seems to be in full support of gun rights and the right to self defense. Though...that just might be to get normal people to watch his movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Flamethrower...

On 9/11 3,000 Americans were murdered and not a single gun was used.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                    Why do other country's have so few gun deaths? Find that answer and you find the problem. IF your not intellectual dishonest that is.
                    Why not tell us yourself, oh, wise one...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Why not tell us yourself, oh, wise one...
                      Without making up stuff as he types for a change?

Comment

That might be pushing the boundaries just a little, but...

Comment

It's their own hypocrisy that kills the liberals where it counts. That's why they rely on lying and fraud instead of intellectual honesty.

This thread is about the NRA having their freedom to be heard blocked, but I do understand the sentiment your posting about.

But...Keanu Reeves isn't a Hollywood liberal, after all. He seems to be in full support of gun rights and the right to self defense. Though...that just might be to get normal people to watch his movies.
                          You can't really say that though, because conservatives have done the same over movies, sports, comedy acts and a whole lot more. Both sides behave the same, the only thing that changes is the cause.
                          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Lazy ones, if you have to be told, what for most should be obvious, is stricter gun controls. Few if any have a total ban on guns.

Little fellow, I usually do what you don't...give a source for my post.

Comment

Apple, Amazon, Youtube urged to pull NRA material.

I doubt they can handle the huge loss in revenue, but it will swell the ranks of the NRA. I'll join just to get even.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X