Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Douglas school cop 'never went in' during the shooting. There were other failures, to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
    That is a good idea.

Plus the obvious fact that there are no cures for the myriad types of mental illnesses makes any discussion based on 'solving' that problem to be pointless at best, a strawman at worst.

Mental health issues have been hotly debated for the last half century with no resolution in sight, and they are unlikely to be resolved any time soon. The ADA, HIPPA, and the ACLU leave very few viable options
    Was Cruz ever diagnosed with a mental illness? While a disproportionate number of killers are mentally ill, the great majority are not. They are bad rather than mad.
    "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
      Was Cruz ever diagnosed with a mental illness? While a disproportionate number of killers are mentally ill, the great majority are not. They are bad rather than mad.
      I have not heard definitively, or what sort of illness if he was. His brother has mental health issues, but of what sort I have not heard.

Cruz has been reported by the school as being a bit below average in the IQ department, but that can mean that he has poor reading skills, tests poorly, or simply didn't care.

From what I've read, he appears to be just an angry young man with a bad home life and significant self-control issues, which isn't all that unusual. His parents had him rather late in life and don't appear to have been very effective in controlling him.

He sounds like a lot of our weekend regulars.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X