The Baby Boom Generation (50s-60s-70s) and School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karri View Post

What a strange notion. Do we Europeans likewise get to clean our statistics?

Which four counties are those btw?
    No need to. PS is far away from the facts of life or in this case death even in his home State. Not very good for the Mayor
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      You better chop FL off as well in you fantasy.

In the European Union, annual firearm homicides total

2011: 1,223
      2000/12: 13,200

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/european-union

MO almost beats the whole EU

Missouri Mortality Data Deaths Rate** U.S. Deaths U.S. Rate***
      Firearm Deaths 1,094 18.1 36,252 11.1

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...i/missouri.htm

Considering the seriousness of the subject I won't laugh at you.
      Good, because we are not Europe, and the rest of the world, despite hating and reviling us abut our guns, keeps coming here to live in record numbers.

Guess they didn't get your memo.

BTW - I was in Europe during the Bader-Meinhof/Red Brigade debacle.
      Europe has their own problems and they are handling them no better than we handle ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Good, because we are not Europe, and the rest of the world, despite hating and reviling us abut our guns, keeps coming here to live in record numbers.

Europe has their own problems and they are handling them no better than we handle ours.
        Bader-Meinhof is cl;ose to 50 years in the past. They were all arrest and served time, long time as in Life. A couple were killed. If Europe isn't handling their problems any better than the US why does the US keep having mass shootings more times in one year than all of the EU have in ten years. Your ignoring something there Jeff.

Immigrates might still becoming but few from the EU now days. Then the EU has problems with large number of refugees and immigrates it's self.

The European Union’s share in worldwide immigration to the US is quite small. In 2013, 54 356 EU nationals received green card status in the US. This represents only 0.01% of the total EU population in 2013 and 5.5% of all green cards issued by the US in that year. These numbers have been somewhat higher in the past
        http://bruegel.org/2015/09/eu-immigr...in-drain-real/

Comment

Bader-Meinhof is cl;ose to 50 years in the past. They were all arrest and served time, long time as in Life. A couple were killed. If Europe isn't handling their problems any better than the US why does the US keep having mass shootings more times in one year than all of the EU have in ten years. Your ignoring something there Jeff.

Immigrates might still becoming but few from the EU now days. Then the EU has problems with large number of refugees and immigrates it's self.

http://bruegel.org/2015/09/eu-immigr...in-drain-real/
          Actually, quite a few were killed, as you would know if you had been there at the time, and Europe became an armed camp, but I never thought you would get the point in the first place, and you didn't disappoint...as usual.

I watch the European news daily, and the populations are up in arms over unrestricted "immigration" and similar issues, and especially over the Muslim Problem which now pervades the entire Euro and has caused incredible problems with violence, crime and civil unrest, not to mention jobs. Right now, the French president is fighting to save his job in the face of angry mobs on Euro news this morning.

Your other contentions are wrong as well. Not so long ago, policemen in England did not go armed. Now, they do so routinely because the number of guns used by criminals has increased exponentially.

When I went to Sweden, they were famous for their police, who only carried swords! Now, they go armed.

It's the same throughout Europe, Violence in the new norm, along with the constant threat of terrorism.

All over Europe, you can see images of armed police and soldiers patrolling airports and other important and vulnerable sites. They aren't there as tour guides.

Remember the incredible amount of security every four years for the Olympics? That is standard throughout the entire world these days, not just a problem for America.

And you might recall, dimly in the recesses of your mind, that Europe and the rest of the world sent their dregs and their criminals running to America. They still do. We got the original Mafia, and now we have the Russian mafia on our soil, and the Mexican drug cartels, and the Middle Eastern haters, and the Vietnamese gangs, and the jihadi's, and who knows what else? We don't get the best and the brightest, nor do we even look for them. We just let them in even if they have no skills and no job, and a criminal record back home.

Want to try a little experiment? Try getting into Mexico because "you just want a better life". You'll end up in prison, and not a nice one like we operate, but a hellhole like you cannot imagine.

And Trump didn't cause any of it. In fact, he wants to stop it, but people like you won't let him.

I guess it's people like you that are the real problem.

Comment

The most interesting thing I see is almost nobody mentions the Jonesboro shooting massacre. I remember that very well.

2 elementary-age boys pulled a fire alarm at their school and ran into the woods. They used hunting rifles to kill several teachers and students. It was so shocking that they did it deliberately and at so young age that they could not be charged as adults.

Then a couple of years later, Columbine happened.
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
              The most interesting thing I see is almost nobody mentions the Jonesboro shooting massacre. I remember that very well.

2 elementary-age boys pulled a fire alarm at their school and ran into the woods. They used hunting rifles to kill several teachers and students. It was so shocking that they did it deliberately and at so young age that they could not be charged as adults.

Then a couple of years later, Columbine happened.
              http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2534820
              Feb 17, 2016 ... The two mass shooters responsible for the 1998 Westside Middle School shooting in Jonesboro, Ark. were released from prison on their 21st birthdays with a clean record — and they both immediately tried to buy guns. An ABC News investigation looked into the fates of Mitchell Johnson and Andrew ...

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2534820
                Feb 17, 2016 ... The two mass shooters responsible for the 1998 Westside Middle School shooting in Jonesboro, Ark. were released from prison on their 21st birthdays with a clean record — and they both immediately tried to buy guns. An ABC News investigation looked into the fates of Mitchell Johnson and Andrew ...
                Thanks for the link.

Personally, I think if they did it deliberately, then they should be charged as adults no matter what their age. I would have no problem with punishing them with death. They pulled a fire alarm and went into the woods to lay ambush on students and teachers coming out in a fire drill.
                Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                  Thanks for the link.

Personally, I think if they did it deliberately, then they should be charged as adults no matter what their age. I would have no problem with punishing them with death. They pulled a fire alarm and went into the woods to lay ambush on students and teachers coming out in a fire drill.
                  I prefer life sentence compared the death. Just not a comfortable life sort of like one with rocks to break and glue back together over and over and over.

Comment

I prefer life sentence compared the death. Just not a comfortable life sort of like one with rocks to break and glue back together over and over and over.
                    And, what happens when said inmate attacks a fellow inmate with his rock breaking sledgehammer or even a guard...?

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      And, what happens when said inmate attacks a fellow inmate with his rock breaking sledgehammer or even a guard...?
                      Not to mention you can't legally force an inmate to work.

A life sentence just means there is very little to control over an inmate. If he is never going to leave, what reins in his behavior? You can't stop feeding him, you can't deny him mail, you can't deny him basic climate control. The most you can do is isolate him for a few weeks.

A life sentence is just warehousing.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Shoot him, of course for not asking the Bossman's permission first!

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Life sentence over death means that tax-payers are now having to fork over money to keep the prisoner alive, right? If he's dead, no more money needed, right?
                          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
                            Life sentence over death means that tax-payers are now having to fork over money to keep the prisoner alive, right? If he's dead, no more money needed, right?
                            About $50k a year for a lifer, depending on the state. An execution, legal process aside, runs about $250k. And since Death Row is an isolation unit, no trouble out of them while they wait.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Who says that the US is "hated and reviled...about our guns"?

There may be some mystification and sympathy for the victims, perhaps but why hatred ?
                              Perhaps you misread the memo.
                              "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                              Samuel Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                Ball and chain and who said anything about a sledgehammer. Ah, are guards still attacked now days in prisons? YES!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X