Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian hacker bots behind anti-gun movement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
    Schools are gun free zones, right? Shouldn't be one there, right? Law abiding people generally avoid breaking the laws, right?

    So you want to disarm the general population who by and large are law abiding...

    Gun lockers are a good way to stop unauthorized from getting access to them as are the various locks sold for that purpose. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...-goods/4200821

    How about mandating that everyone use them or lock their guns in a gun safe?
    Pretty much the reaction I was expecting.

    While I can see the need for a militia in the face of your current government, it speaks volumes that the people bellowing to the four winds about their second amendment rights, actually support this President.

    It seems that my opinions and those of a certain section of the US population are doomed to be worlds apart - and I thank God every day for that.
    Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

    Comment


    • #32
      were not the early gun free zones due to gang violence

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by the ace View Post
        Pretty much the reaction I was expecting.

        While I can see the need for a militia in the face of your current government, it speaks volumes that the people bellowing to the four winds about their second amendment rights, actually support this President.

        It seems that my opinions and those of a certain section of the US population are doomed to be worlds apart - and I thank God every day for that.
        I'm not a fan of this president -- yet I still value my constitutional rights. Your argument is analogous to prohibiting alcohol 'cause your neighbor is a sloppy drunk. Even though you're a moderate drinker, you'll be deprived of your right to drink all because your neighbor is a slob. Are you going to contend that that should be the basis for public policy: the lowest extreme in irresponsible behavior? If that's how they make public policy in Scotland, then I surely do thank the Almighty every day for that big ass ocean that separates us.
        I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          I'm not a fan of this president -- yet I still value my constitutional rights. Your argument is analogous to prohibiting alcohol 'cause your neighbor is a sloppy drunk. Even though you're a moderate drinker, you'll be deprived of your right to drink all because your neighbor is a slob. Are you going to contend that that should be the basis for public policy: the lowest extreme in irresponsible behavior? If that's how they make public policy in Scotland, then I surely do thank the Almighty every day for that big ass ocean that separates us.
          Nicely put.

          The difference is that alcohol isn't specifically designed to kill people, while guns are.

          After Australia introduced gun controls, mass shootings went from a little under one a year (13 cases of 4 or more people murdered on a single occasion in 18 years) to zero.

          Homicides involving guns went through the floor.

          Suicides involving guns also dropped to near zero.

          I just find it hard to wrap my head around the fact that, after yet another bunch of kids are blown away, while many would be thinking, "How can we prevent this happening again ?" the first thought among many Americans is, "Don't you DARE touch my guns !"
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

          Comment


          • #35
            Only one seeming to spread lies on fracking are the Carpetbaggers.
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

            Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

            you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
              Schools are gun free zones, right? Shouldn't be one there, right? Law abiding people generally avoid breaking the laws, right?

              So you want to disarm the general population who by and large are law abiding...

              Gun lockers are a good way to stop unauthorized from getting access to them as are the various locks sold for that purpose. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...-goods/4200821

              How about mandating that everyone use them or lock their guns in a gun safe?
              Depends on what you mean by general population. Gun ownership is not the majority

              http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...ny-is-unclear/
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

              Comment

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X