X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
    The title ?

"Your Right Wing Friends " ?

My right wing friends don't even dream of handing out guns to all and sundry and considering it a "right", in fact they think the very idea of "equal" rights is ridiculous.
    He has right wing friends .

Comment

Belgium has very tough anti-gun laws , who prevent law-abiding citizens from having guns, but almost every day people are killed /wounded by guns,because these laws do not prevent criminals from obtaining weapons .

What we need are anti-crime laws .

Last month, there was a burglary in the house of my neighbour, result : I had to install cameras which costed me some 1500 Euro .

Thanks to the coward politicians and the crime lobby .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        Belgium has very tough anti-gun laws , who prevent law-abiding citizens from having guns, but almost every day people are killed /wounded by guns,because these laws do not prevent criminals from obtaining weapons .

What we need are anti-crime laws .

Last month, there was a burglary in the house of my neighbour, result : I had to install cameras which costed me some 1500 Euro .

Thanks to the coward politicians and the crime lobby .
        Cowardice , laziness and a general apathy toward the lives and well-being of others are just business as usual when it comes to the anti-gun nut politicians. It's so much easier and cheaper to just go after inanimate objects instead of treating the actual cause of these things, after all.

There's also a measure of fear not related to just being afraid of doing the right thing. They're afraid to arm the populace, as it would strip away some, most or all of their power by doing so.
        Last edited by Hida Akechi; 22 Feb 18, 09:13.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
          Cowardice, laziness and a general apathy toward the lives and well-being of others are just business as usual when it comes to the anti-gun nut politicians. It's so much easier and cheaper to just go after inanimate objects instead of treating the actual cause of these things, after all.

There's also a measure of fear. They're afraid to arm the populace, as it would strip away some, most or all of their power by doing so.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

What power, shooting down an A10 when you revolt?

Ljwad, you don't have that many killings in Belgium because you don't have that many guns compared to the US. HA general apathy toward the lives and well-being of others is the corner stone of the NRA and some gun owers in the US.
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            What power, shooting down an A10 when you revolt?
            Who you think flies them in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              I'm sure that Belgium's constitution is similarly hobbling on that count.
              It doesn't contain any "self evident truths" like "all people are created equal", nor does it specify "God given rights" - it's very prosaic in fact compared to yours, it details what Belgium is and how it functions that's it

Link to PDF.

Didn't much matter to the folks in Charlie Henbdo's offices, or the Bataclan. I know, I know: those attacks occurred in France, not in Belgium. But at least a few of those terrorists crossed the border between France and Belgium, and it appears that their ring has/had cells in both countries. In the ACG thread addressing the Charlie Hebdo attack, I speculated that there must exist a criminal gang with tentacles in French prisons, and that it's able to move contraband, including military-grade weaponry, across borders. I'm sure that both France, and Belgium, and a good many other European countries, have regulations on their books that restrict exactly that kind of trade. Clearly recent events have proven that those regs are patently ineffective. Those who wish to sow mayhem will, if they're determined enough and resourceful enough, succeed in sowing mayhem. Laws apply only to the law-abiding: they're ignored by everyone else.
              Not quite.

Laws laws did not stop the Paris (The Charlie Hebdo attack was a different terrorist ring, I know of no links to Belgium there) attacks admittedly, but they did see to it that the terrorists upon their return to Belgium were unable to obtain replacement ammo for their AKs which they had originally bought in Slovakia, consequently they were unable to carry out their plans for subsequent similar attacks and ultimately had to resort to suicide tactics.

If ammo had been freely available for sale here, or even if it had been easily found on the black market as is often suggested, they would have committed more and repeated Paris style attacks.

We have their own "deathbed testimony" for that found on laptops and writings to family members, one of them even sent bitter complaints to Syria to "..please send more ammo..." and when they were caught or shot dead we did find the AKs but not ammo.

In general there have been no similar attacks since, a stark difference to your schools shootings which continue at a steady pace.
              Last edited by Snowygerry; 23 Feb 18, 03:59.
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X