Security Clearances, Access, and the Unqualified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Clearances, Access, and the Unqualified

The problems with security clearances is becoming, or actually already has been, not only endemic, but is an epidemic.

No one with an interim clearance should be able to see or handle high-level material.

Unfortunately, too many in the White House are allowed to, including Kushner.

The current DNI stated before Congress that the system is broken, and unfortunately he is most likely correct.

In the current issue of Time Magazine, dated 26 February, Tessa Berenson along with Alana Abramson write:

'If there are others working at the highest levels of government without a final okay from the FBI and the White House security office, that could put classified information at risk...Senior staffers from previous administrations say the Porter mess is indicative of a president whose approach to running government has been to throw out the rule book.'

The rule book on handling classified information has to be strictly followed. To avoid or ignore doing that puts the nation at risk.

Further, ''There is a different level of tolerance of risk by the Trump White House in terms of the people that the president wishes to employ,' says Laura Terrell, an attorney who vetted security clearance applications in George W Bush's Administration. 'That's the bottom line.''
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

I don't even have to look to know that this is a TDS thread. Same old, same old.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Nothing new here, there was a backlog of security clearances in the Obama, George Bush and Clinton administrations as well, hardly ever brought up by the media because their names weren't Trump.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Now he complains about security clearances...

There was widespread crap like this in Obama's administration. Same with Clinton's. Probably with Bush's too. It's nothing new. In Democrat administrations it's usually sex scandals, drugs, and previous arrests and felonies that cause clearances to be denied.

With Republicans it's economic things like bankruptcies, and questionable business practices, or criminal charges that are the cause. Sex and drugs are far less of a problem.

So, singling out Trump's administration for this crap is just TDS on steroids.

Comment

And another one resigns because of clearance problems:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Comment

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                Now he complains about security clearances...

There was widespread crap like this in Obama's administration. Same with Clinton's. Probably with Bush's too. It's nothing new. In Democrat administrations it's usually sex scandals, drugs, and previous arrests and felonies that cause clearances to be denied.

With Republicans it's economic things like bankruptcies, and questionable business practices, or criminal charges that are the cause. Sex and drugs are far less of a problem.

So, singling out Trump's administration for this crap is just TDS on steroids.
                There was one in the Obama administration that never got one, ( don't remember his name, pretty high ranking) that could'nt legaly do his job because of the lack of clearance, and remained in position the entirety of the Obama administration.
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Someone has a serious case of butt hurt.

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  My worst jump story:
                  My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                  As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                  No lie.

~
                  "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                    Someone has a serious case of butt hurt.
                    My question is why? Does he not have stocks and bonds? Has he not invested in the future? Things are golden in my defense stocks.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/3-top...-2018-cm899650

Though I trend toward Lockheed Martin as I happen to like old skunky. Good returns so far.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

The favorite stock among clowns is MSN.

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      My question is why? Does he not have stocks and bonds? Has he not invested in the future? Things are golden in my defense stocks.

https://www.nasdaq.com/article/3-top...-2018-cm899650

Though I trend toward Lockheed Martin as I happen to like old skunky. Good returns so far.
                      My worst jump story:
                      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                      No lie.

~
                      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                        The problems with security clearances is becoming, or actually already has been, not only endemic, but is an epidemic.

Your candidate Clinton set the bar; how do we correct it?

Brother, your blind hatred has clouded your ability to make a rational statement.
                        Last edited by Nichols; 18 Feb 18, 01:02.
                        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Hillary should be denied one at every level for her past performance while having one. It's one more reason she should never be elected President.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            I don't even have to look to know that this is a TDS thread. Same old, same old.
                            BULL $HIT from you SOS!
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              Nothing new here, there was a backlog of security clearances in the Obama, George Bush and Clinton administrations as well, hardly ever brought up by the media because their names weren't Trump.
                              Who was the Kusner or Obama Jr in the O's administration? The Flynn? Just asking. You've claimed hat there was one but can't remember the name. Maybe Ho Chi Min.
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X