• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Laws and Moral Cowardice

The article says it all:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

As he rightful should have.
    My worst jump story:
    My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
    As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
    No lie.

~
    "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Kevin I hear all the arguments about Guns every time a shooting happens (18th school shooting this year and itís only February)
      Ie Second Amendment/Why should responsible Gun owners be persecuted/protection against both criminals and evil government and that guns donít kill people, people do etc I hear all those but I have to ask even if you agree with all of the above, surely deliberately weakening background checks and giving a Military grade Weapon (Assault Rifle clues in the name) to a disturbed Teenager seems both incredibly dangerous and stupid ??

Comment

IF mental illness is the cause for mass shootings and not the guns why do the mentally ill in Canada or the UK or Australia or France not kill people?
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            Because of Burger Buns

Comment

Originally posted by History fan View Post
              Kevin I hear all the arguments about Guns every time a shooting happens (18th school shooting this year and itís only February)
              Ie Second Amendment/Why should responsible Gun owners be persecuted/protection against both criminals and evil government and that guns donít kill people, people do etc I hear all those but I have to ask even if you agree with all of the above, surely deliberately weakening background checks and giving a Military grade Weapon (Assault Rifle clues in the name) to a disturbed Teenager seems both incredibly dangerous and stupid ??
              On the 18 shootings claim from WAPO:

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.be3f7b48bf16
              In other words, there have not been 18 shootings this year.

Next, an AR15 is not a military grade weapon, nor is it an "assault rifle".
              It is a semi automatic rifle.

There has been no "deliberate weakening of background checks". Background checks exist already. Unfortunately, they do not predict who will become deranged.
              I would suggest that you be careful about relying on agenda driven sites for analysis, or at least accept that they will not be objective .
              Last edited by Cambronnne; 16 Feb 18, 11:14.
              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                IF mental illness is the cause for mass shootings and not the guns why do the mentally ill in Canada or the UK or Australia or France not kill people?

If guns cause murder, we should have seen a huge increase in shootings over the past 25 years as gun ownership exploded. However, the reverse happened and murders by gun have dropped significantly and steadily.
                Complex problems usually cannot be traced to a simple cause.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  I think a better title to the article would be

"Trump recognizes americans have due process rights".

The title of the article saying trump "weakens gun laws" is appallingly dishonest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings.

There has been no "deliberate weakening of background checks". Background checks exist already. Unfortunately, they do not predict who will become deranged.
                    I would suggest that you be careful about relying on agenda driven sites for analysis, or at least accept that they will not be objective .

Totally wrong on the AR 15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-15

Note they call it an assault rifle as if that is important

So your say Trump did not roll back an Obama requirement on the mentally ill?

https://www.snopes.com/trump-sign-bi...tal-illnesses/

Mostly True

Comment

I think a better title to the article would be

"Trump recognizes americans have due process rights".

The title of the article saying trump "weakens gun laws" is appallingly dishonest.
                      So now the truth is dishonest. My you have fallen a long way.

Comment

In other words, there have not been 18 shootings this year.

Fair enough regards the Agenda driven sites but it still seems strange that you can buy one of these before you can legally buy a beer

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...mass-shootings

Comment

Fair enough regards the Agenda driven sites but it still seems strange that you can buy one of these before you can legally buy a beer

In some counties you can buy a gun but not beer regardless o age. Makes sense, doesn't it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_U.S._state

Comment

I think you make a reasonable point, though I don't know much about age requirements.
                            Age restrictions aren't bans and are a reasonable issue to debate.

I think most pro-gun people would support a solution to this kind of problem, unfortunately, the solutions offered seem to be unrelated to the specific problem.

Comment

The real question to ask is how many persons are actually prosecuted for purposeful filling out ATF Form 4473 falsely...?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X