Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timothy McVeigh and the permanent state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timothy McVeigh and the permanent state.

On July 1, 1998 the NY Times published this excerpt from a letter Timothy McVeigh sent his sister.

Out of a group of 400, one day in formation, 10 Social Security numbers were called out (no names) and told to leave formation. Mine was one. The 10 of us were told that out of the select group of 400, we had scored highest on certain tests. We had been selected because of our intelligence, physical make-up, and physical abilities. We were to feel special, part of a hand-picked group...We were all asked to volunteer to do some work for the government on the domestic, as well as the international front...1./We would be helping the CIA fly drugs into the United States to fund many covert operations, and 2./ Military "consultants" were to work hand-in-hand with civilian police agencies to "quiet" anyone who was deemed a "security risk."...We would be government-paid assassins....gives you new insight on things like Waco, etc.--they were murdered by hit men.
    The idea that people recruited by the CIA would be briefed on such sensitive matters is absurd. McVeigh was obviously suffering from paranoid delusions perhaps brought on by extreme stress and fatigue. The idea that the CIA by proxy engaged in such activities is supported by various narratives from people that had worked for them.

Who is responsible for Timothy McVeigh's terrorism, the permanent state or the conspiracy theorists? I'm not sure but we are obviously not giving our veterans the help they need. Blaming it on the "alt right" is cheap propaganda.
    We hunt the hunters

McVeigh is responsible for his own actions.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
      On July 1, 1998 the NY Times published this excerpt from a letter Timothy McVeigh sent his sister.

The idea that people recruited by the CIA would be briefed on such sensitive matters is absurd. McVeigh was obviously suffering from paranoid delusions perhaps brought on by extreme stress and fatigue. The idea that the CIA by proxy engaged in such activities is supported by various narratives from people that had worked for them.

Who is responsible for Timothy McVeigh's terrorism, the permanent state or the conspiracy theorists? I'm not sure but we are obviously not giving our veterans the help they need. Blaming it on the "alt right" is cheap propaganda.
      Where is that mentioned???
      Last edited by Half Pint John; 15 Feb 18, 05:51.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        McVeigh is responsible for his own actions.
        I don't agree with you much, but this is spot on!

Comment

McVeigh was a narcissistic Walter Mitty.

He was exactly the sort the fringe groups look for: average intelligence, inflated sense of personal value, a burning desire for personal glory but lacking the personal drive to actually attempt to excel, a need for a cause.

He wanted people to think he was special; hence the letter reporting he was hand-selected to become a CIA facilitator/assassin.

He was a man in search of bragging rights.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            McVeigh was a narcissistic Walter Mitty.

He was exactly the sort the fringe groups look for: average intelligence, inflated sense of personal value, a burning desire for personal glory but lacking the personal drive to actually attempt to excel, a need for a cause.

He wanted people to think he was special; hence the letter reporting he was hand-selected to become a CIA facilitator/assassin.

He was a man in search of bragging rights.
            Was he a combat vet too?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              Was he a combat vet too?
              Yep, Desert Storm. He won the Bronze Star.
              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Anybody who reads the Turner Diaries and takes that crap seriously is not the least bit "higher in intelligence". That is some straight up case of stupid right there. McVeigh had some issues long before he went into the military.

Comment

I'm guessing you never heard of Air America...
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I used to have more faith in government.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Same old, same old. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/afghani...ivation-jumps/
                      Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I used to have more faith in government.
                        That was probably your first mistake...
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

McVeigh may of been crazy but he was competent, as was the BLM sniper in Dallas. Military training makes crazies slightly more dangerous.
                          We hunt the hunters

Comment

Not the best movie, but not bad.
                            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X