This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    I guess the gasoline goes room for room. Full grade A BS!!!
    One room: cafeteria, auditorium. Like what that guy did in the Bronx when I was in high school: worst US mass murder prior to 11 Sep 2001.

Don't forget to turn off the smoke alarms and sprinklers.
    In my sister's high school, the air vents were not connecting to any ductwork, and the sprinkler heads were not connected to any pipes.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
      What do you think should be done to prevent this from happening again?
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        What do you think should be done to prevent this from happening again?
        Americans need to stop pointing the finger at outside cultures and start looking in the mirror. First step to finding a solution is admitting that the problem is right here.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
          Americans need to stop pointing the finger at outside cultures and start looking in the mirror. First step to finding a solution is admitting that the problem is right here.
          The common dominator with these school shootings appear to be troubled teenagers with complicated emotional issues. Maybe we should begin with that.
          The shooter lost his dad several years ago and his mom passed last Nov. He and his brother were adopted by them. He's been living with a family friend since. I know it's no excuse but that will be his defense.

Comment

Too busy monitoring every Muslim and ignoring the bigger threats.
            Too busy spying on Trump.
            It it an established fact, the NSA has an active program to monitor US citizens.
            If they know someone is planning an attack and do nothing they are an accomplice to the crime.
            Itís time they be charged as such.
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Wasn't it recently made easier for mentally ill people to buy a gun?
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Fake news.

Wasn't it recently made easier for mentally ill people to buy a gun?
                My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                  It it an established fact, the NSA has an active program to monitor US citizens.
                  If they know someone is planning an attack and do nothing they are an accomplice to the crime.
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    Or be removed because they're useless.
                    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                      The common dominator with these school shootings appear to be troubled teenagers with complicated emotional issues. Maybe we should begin with that.
                      The shooter lost his dad several years ago and his mom passed last Nov. He and his brother were adopted by them. He's been living with a family friend since. I know it's no excuse but that will be his defense.
                      It is a common denominator, but thousands of teens got through the high school years badly alienated but undertake no acts of violence.

Even school district in the country gets at least a threat a year, I believe. I know our school district came to us at least once a semester with kids making a threat. To date all were angst and melodrama, but a couple felt real enough that the kid was suspended.

The thing is, what do you do with a kid who scores in the high danger zones? You can suspend him, but that does not protect the school, and it does him no good, either.

You cannot jail him. Even if he is of adult age and you can make an arrest he'll be out on bond within hours.

It is a mental problem. If the kid is a legal adult getting into a private care facility is nearly impossible; if he's a juvenile and his parent or guardians are cooperative it is easier, and sometimes that helps.

As with any mental health issue, official options are few and very difficult to implement.

Meanwhile the siren song of instant fame is always there.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                        We have a mass shooting and violence problem in general that spans past school shootings. The sad thing is, another, probably several more mass shootings will happen in our lifetime. It's a major issue that we continue to ignore because we refuse to reflect internally. The population argument doesn't hold weight because you can combine different countries and still not see the level of mass violence that we experience in the US. We have to look at what's wrong with American culture as a whole.
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
                          Well.....you couldn't be bothered to get Sandy Hook right before using it as an example....showing the new normal for you in logic and reason.

And Lanza murdered his mother in order to acquire the weapon used at Sandy Hook. Last I checked, Murder and Larceny of a Firearm are both crimes and therefore prohibited.

But by all means, let's just take rights from law abiding citizens for 'reasons'. If they ever do start forming task forces to go door to door and seize all firearms, I'll make sure to put in a personal request to go to your house....
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/22/n...port-says.html

Comment

• People should be held accountable for stupid decisions.

Or be removed because they're useless.
                            My worst jump story:
                            No lie.

~
                            -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• You really aren't getting any of this are you?

My worst jump story:
                              No lie.

~
                              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Well at least the President said he would visit the town and visit with the parents.

Hope he doesn't miss his Tee Time.
                                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X