This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Thanks and correct. 30 years living in Germany, 22 in the military, 12 of those in Europe, Ex NRA member from back in the day they were more interested to American Rifleman and not a PAC buying support with millions of questionable dollars. Once owner of a number of different weapons/guns, all unregistered and all legal even though I was only 17 at the time. I still like guns and most likely would own more than one if in the US but wouldn't be running around jo with one in my hand. IF turning in my guns would save one mass shooting I'd be first in line. My 2nd Amendment rights are far out weight by the rights of others to "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" . imo those that place their second rights ahead of the right to life of others is morally corrupt. One, two, three mass shootings how many is to many? I've had enough and no excuse is acceptable to me. Something has to change and soon. We cannot sweep it under the rug until the next one. That is the cowards way.
    As I expected, this is the unwillingness to condemn the criminal, but instead the determination to make society responsible for the acts of an individual .

Comment

More of your absurd BS

Where's the other 150 countries?
      {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        I disagree : it is not a tragedy (the aircraft accident in Iran is a tragedy ) ,it is a crime, and the first thing to do after a crime is to hold the criminal who did it ,responsible for the crime and to punish him .Not to try to get political gain from it by accusing people who were not responsible for it .
        In my opinion, it is both a crime AND a tragedy.
        Also IMO, aside from punishing the criminal - which is obvious - it is worth at least considering whether there is anything that might be done to make similar crimes less likely in the future.

It may or may not be possible to make a difference but every reasonable option could/should be considered/re-considered.

Or does the entire citizenry of the USA simply wait, passively, for the next gun massacre; and the next; and the next; and so on?
        The idea of not even trying to prevent such incidents seems abhorrent to me; even if it appears to be just about hopeless.
        Does nobody else share that feeling?
        Last edited by panther3485; 19 Feb 18, 11:42.
        "England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

• Good post Paul.

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
          (1) That improvement of this situation (i.e. reduction of the number of gun massacres and gun-related deaths in general), has no hope of being achieved via laws, regulations or any kind of official oversight?
          Right now the current laws are not enforced, I don't think additional laws that may or may not be enforced will have an effect.

IMO, the larger problem is with society itself. The abortion on demand mentality lowers the value of life. Violent movies & video games lower the value of life. Broken families lower the value of life. Taking God out of the picture lowers the value of life.

I realize many wont agree with the above but the above 'behaviors' if you will were not openly present 30-40 years ago when kids took guns to school.

(2) That some other measures have a better chance of achieving success; such as (for example) enabling everyone over a certain age to be able not only to own guns but to carry them?
          Everyone over a certain age that can legally own a gun are currently permitted. If current laws were enforced, less people would own guns. I do think that everyone should have training before they can purchase a gun.

Back in the day, the parent taught gun safety and marksmanship to the sons & daughters. My father didn't have guns so my training didn't happen until I arrived at boot camp. The first guns that I shot were the M-16A1 & 1911. When I retired, I didn't have a gun until my European wife decided that I should buy a gun for 'range therapy'. I bought an AR-15, taught my oldest how to shoot and she ended up competing with an AR-15 for two seasons on the Junior High Power competitions. The younger two; I bought a .22lr rifle and pistol to teach them. All 5 of the weapons are stored in a gun safe. The only people that have the combination are my wife & I. Even when the oldest was competing when she was 14-15, she didn't have access to the safe. I would sit with her in the basement while she cleaned her rifle.

(4) There IS no real solution and no way of achieving any substantial reduction in gun deaths and/or gun massacres. It's a hopeless cause?
          There is a real solution and it all has to do with individual responsibility from all aspects of society.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

• Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
            Where's the other 150 countries?
            Only a person of your ilk would dare compare the US with 3rd World countries because those are the only ones not on on the list I provided. Do you want to compare us with Mexico or the Congo? Do you?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I disagree : it is not a tragedy (the aircraft accident in Iran is a tragedy ) ,it is a crime, and the first thing to do after a crime is to hold the criminal who did it ,responsible for the crime and to punish him .Not to try to get political gain from it by accusing people who were not responsible for it .
              English as a second language

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/tragedy

Definition of tragedy
              plural tragedies
              1 a : a disastrous event : calamity
              b : misfortune
              2 a : a serious drama typically describing a conflict between the protagonist and a superior force (such as destiny) and having a sorrowful or disastrous conclusion that elicits pity or terror
              b : the literary genre of tragic dramas
              c : a medieval narrative poem or tale typically describing the downfall of a great man
              3 : tragic quality or element

Comment

As I expected, this is the unwillingness to condemn the criminal, but instead the determination to make society responsible for the acts of an individual .
                When part of society supports the criminal they also share the responsibility.

Comment

• Odd.
                  It's leftism, progressivism, feminism, feminization, female promiscuity, abortion, postmodernism, bad parenthood caused by leftism, etc, etc, that seems to be the cause of all these incidents in the USA.

Yet.
                  Europe is said to be way much deeper infested with leftism, progressivism, feminism, feminization, female promiscuity, abortion, postmodernism, etc etc, but Europe doesn't seem to have this massacre problem nowhere near the extent that the US seems to suffer from it.

Feel free to show stats that say otherwise. I doubt they can be found, and don't give me that blather that Europe in it's entirety is secretly hiding all those massacres. Don't give me that crap about muslims either.

I don't mean to say that Europeans are better than US Americans.

My simple question:
                  If Europe is so much deeper down the drain, why is it that in Europe this type of event (loner having a go at unsuspecting bystanders) hardly ever happens compared to the USA? (I repeat: don't give me the red herring of muslims).
                  To take it one step further: what could be the essential difference that makes this happen fairly often in the US, and hardly ever in Europe?
                  "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

When part of society supports the criminal they also share the responsibility.
                    The last 30 years 19000 people were murdered in Chicago (most blacks ) .

The last 30 years Chicago was ruled by the Democrats .

Where were the protests from Hillary, from Emma ?

Who is still supporting the criminals of Chicago ?

Trump ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                      Odd.
                      It's leftism, progressivism, feminism, feminization, female promiscuity, abortion, postmodernism, bad parenthood caused by leftism, etc, etc, that seems to be the cause of all these incidents in the USA.

Yet.
                      Europe is said to be way much deeper infested with leftism, progressivism, feminism, feminization, female promiscuity, abortion, postmodernism, etc etc, but Europe doesn't seem to have this massacre problem nowhere near the extent that the US seems to suffer from it.

Feel free to show stats that say otherwise. I doubt they can be found, and don't give me that blather that Europe in it's entirety is secretly hiding all those massacres. Don't give me that crap about muslims either.

I don't mean to say that Europeans are better than US Americans.

My simple question:
                      If Europe is so much deeper down the drain, why is it that in Europe this type of event (loner having a go at unsuspecting bystanders) hardly ever happens compared to the USA? (I repeat: don't give me the red herring of muslims).
                      To take it one step further: what could be the essential difference that makes this happen fairly often in the US, and hardly ever in Europe?
                      What would you think of Nice ? 100 victims.Paris 100+ victims ?

Comment

Only a person of your ilk would dare compare the US with 3rd World countries because those are the only ones not on on the list I provided. Do you want to compare us with Mexico or the Congo? Do you?
                        Is that not racism ? And that for a Democrat .

Comment

• Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                          In my opinion, it is both a crime AND a tragedy.
                          Also IMO, aside from punishing the criminal - which is obvious - it is worth at least considering whether there is anything that might be done to make similar crimes less likely in the future.

It may or may not be possible to make a difference but every reasonable option could/should be considered/re-considered.

Or does the entire citizenry of the USA simply wait, passively, for the next gun massacre; and the next; and the next; and so on?
                          The idea of not even trying to prevent such incidents seems abhorrent to me; even if it appears to be just about hopeless.
                          Does nobody else share that feeling?
                          Preventing is impossible, diminishing is the only thing that can be tried and the only thing that helps is repression : terrorize the criminals . But that will not be done, because the Western societies have been indoctrinated that a crime is always the fault of society, never of the criminal , unless he is a Republican .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rutger View Post
                            My simple question:
                            Where you replying to my post?
                            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

The last 30 years 19000 people were murdered in Chicago (most blacks ) .

The last 30 years Chicago was ruled by the Democrats .

Where were the protests from Hillary, from Emma ?

Who is still supporting the criminals of Chicago ?

Trump ?

Surly not Trump. He supports nobody other than Trump, not even his wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                                Where you replying to my post?
                                No, it's in general. It's a question. Not an attack.
                                "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X