Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had the 2nd Amendment for a very long time, these school shootings are a rather new phenomenon, since Columbine.
    So what changed?
    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
      We have had the 2nd Amendment for a very long time, these school shootings are a rather new phenomenon, since Columbine.
      So what changed?
      Oddly enough a school system that teaches empathy as the first moral principle while evidence and reason tells us that the spoken truth acted upon is our salvation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW1w93WyYY8
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

So what changed?
        Population. More people = more rolls of the dice for mental issues. And population and population density are skyrocketing so lots of rolls on the ol' percentile.

Media. Large social network allows for germination of radical ideology, angst, and copycat psychology.

Culture. We live in an age where the education system tries to pre cynicize our young people whereas older educational practice presented a more idealized vision of America.

Music. Much of today's music conveys a negative message. High school kids didn't have access to music that reinforced negative emotion like we do today. Until probably the 60s pop songs tended to be overwhelmingly positive.

Family dynamic. Fewer parents at home.

Among other things.
        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

So what changed?
          Psychotropic drugs. http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...ugs-1002085657

I've seen the effects of withdrawal on my poor old dad. He goes ape **** crazy over how many cups of coffee I've had. Serious Ape **** Crazy. Really. Wonder why I took the firing pins out of his guns???
          Last edited by Bwaha; 14 Feb 18, 21:23.
          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

How many school shootings are there in China and India?
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
              Population. More people = more rolls of the dice for mental issues. And population and population density are skyrocketing so lots of rolls on the ol' percentile.

Media. Large social network allows for germination of radical ideology, angst, and copycat psychology.

Culture. We live in an age where the education system tries to pre cynicize our young people whereas older educational practice presented a more idealized vision of America.

Music. Much of today's music conveys a negative message. High school kids didn't have access to music that reinforced negative emotion like we do today. Until probably the 60s pop songs tended to be overwhelmingly positive.

Family dynamic. Fewer parents at home.

Among other things.
              valid points.

Comment

[QUOTE=wolfhnd;

All of these teenage problems have one thing in common and that is bad parenting. What we need is to licence parenting not guns These school shooting are tragic but fall under the cost of freedom. Considering the recent revelations on the FBI's and NSA's abuse of surveillance how much more freedom are people willing to exchange for security.[/QUOTE]
                You hit the nail right on the head, the first thing I said to my Wife when Culumbine happened was, " It's the Parents"!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  We have freedom and school shootings are rare - the last was 22 years ago
                  That is one of the dumbest posts that I have seen from you, you are one that claims to know the US in your many posts, but here you are comparing Grapes to Water Melons and I know that you know better, you know that you can't compare the UK to the US, unless you just wanted to chime in to say your piece.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                    We have freedom
                    If you truly had Freedom you should be able to own a Firearm, Nuff Said!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                      Ok well time to wrap up the gun control debate again until the next mass shooting. As I may be away then let me sum up the government response to the next mass shooting : "Our thoughts go out to the victims and we wish to thank first responders, that is all"
                      That was my post when the Texas mass shooting occurred last November, I renew it.

Comment

That was my post when the Texas mass shooting occurred last November, I renew it.
                        And what exactly do you want the Government to do Sparlingo?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                          And what exactly do you want the Government to do Sparlingo?
                          Control the easy access to automatic weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                            How many school shootings are there in China and India?
                            They use machetes. And they happen frequently in China. Tight control of the press, which is a government agency doesnít release many reports internationally.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/asia/...ack/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world...ack/index.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/not-ju...-knife-attacks
                            Last edited by Urban hermit; 14 Feb 18, 22:44.
                            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

The shooter didnít use automatic weapons. It was a semi-automatic carbine.
                              Those have been available in the US since the release of the Winchester model 1903.
                              So what has changed ?

Comment

Uh, we do. Quick poll, I've got none. How many other members have them?

I could make some but what's the point? I dislike semi-autos. I like old bolt actions.

MOA.
                                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X