This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    The SCOTUS has resolved the meaning of the 2nd Amendment.
    It is a personal right, and does not require membership in a militia.
    The belief that the 2nd Amendment requires membership in a state run militia is completely contrary to the whole point of the Bill of Rights.
    The Bill of Rights identifies personal rights. There is no need for it to identify a right held by the state. The point was not to protect the rights of the state, but rather to protect the rights of the individuals.

The 2nd Amendment protects the right of the individual to possess arms.
    There is no longer anything to debate about that.
    True.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
    validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
    "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Did you EVER learn to read?

From your link:

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      Well what militia do you belong to.

I hoped that an LEO would no the law...guess I was wrong.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Oh more BS, not when you factor in the right to carry, your stats hit the ceiling.

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
        Yep, you are more than 5 times more likely to be murdered in the USA than you are in the UK. 7.5 times more likely to be murdered in the USA than in Ireland, though the UK is a better comparison as Ireland it too small to compare.
        The USA is closer for murder rates to Kazakhstan and Somalia than the UK.

Source
        My worst jump story:
        No lie.

~
        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Key word being man, he isn't as far as I'm concerned.

I thought is was the right to bear arms, not the compulsion to bear arms. A right rather than an obligation. Just like voting and being religious.
          My worst jump story:
          No lie.

~
          -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
            Oh more BS, not when you factor in the right to carry, your stats hit the ceiling.
            While I'm familiar with stream of conscious writing (James Joyce wrote whole novels that way) it would be easier to understand what point you are trying to make if you frames your comments in the context of the existing discussion... or fact... or objective reality.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Key word being man, he isn't as far as I'm concerned.
              Okay, so in your view any adult male in the USA who exercises their right not to own a gun is not a man.

What age are you and what do you want to be when you grow up?

Comment

• Is there any data on the number of mass school shootings per decade? They seem to be becoming more frequent or is that just perception?

IF they are more frequent what has changed to cause it?
                The gun laws have been the same for a long time.
                "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

• Actual you are the one that needs to grow up and educate yourself if you want a discussion on the topic, I suspect you don't want one so you're on your own, boy.

Okay, so in your view any adult male in the USA who exercises their right not to own a gun is not a man.

What age are you and what do you want to be when you grow up?
                  My worst jump story:
                  No lie.

~
                  -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Actual you are the one that needs to grow up and educate yourself if you want a discussion on the topic, I suspect you don't want one so you're on your own, boy.
                    More meaningless rambling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                      Is there any data on the number of mass school shootings per decade? They seem to be becoming more frequent or is that just perception?

IF they are more frequent what has changed to cause it?
                      The gun laws have been the same for a long time.
                      This list on Wiki only shows "Massacres" but you can sort by country.

Comment

• More importantly, it doesn't concern you, tend to your sheep now.

More meaningless rambling.
                        My worst jump story:
                        No lie.

~
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

• Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                          Yep, you are more than 5 times more likely to be murdered in the USA than you are in the UK. 7.5 times more likely to be murdered in the USA than in Ireland, though the UK is a better comparison as Ireland it too small to compare.
                          The USA is closer for murder rates to Kazakhstan and Somalia than the UK.

Source
                          While the data is hard to decipher, it appears that we have a much higher murder rate than the UK.
                          Unfortunately, we are not an island.
                          We have a number of failed states to our south and a huge drug problem.

I noted that the murder rate for Mexico, where gun ownership is banned, has a murder rate at least 4 times that of the US.
                          Regardless, the US is no where near the top in murders per capita.
                          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

More importantly, it doesn't concern you,
                            Children being killed in a school does concern me. I have cousins in schools America.

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                            tend to your sheep now.
                            What on earth are you talking about?

Comment

While the data is hard to decipher, it appears that we have a much higher murder rate than the UK.
                              Unfortunately, we are not an island.
                              We have a number of failed states to our south and a huge drug problem.

I noted that the murder rate for Mexico, where gun ownership is banned, has a murder rate at least 4 times that of the US.
                              Regardless, the US is no where near the top in murders per capita.
                              Agreed but I don't think the USA should be setting the bar at Mexico's level for much anything.

Comment

Well banning ownership in itself doesn't really do anything IF it doesn't reduce the actual number of guns in circulation.

I can only assume Mexico has a very high rate of illegal gun possession then, or many of those murders are committed by other means ?

That's also why I agree with most here, restricting rights in the US will not do much in this regard, school shootings will then be done with illegal guns instead of legal ones, but ultimately it will be the same guns, and just as many.

Rather then limit the rights if anything limiting availability would help.

"You have the right own any gun you want, but you can only buy them in one single shop all the way up state, where the local Sherriff will personally scrutinize you and determine if your not suffering from some "mental health problem."

"Oh, and they cost 60000 $ a piece"
                                High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Working...
                                X