No announcement yet.

Is Rand Paul the Only One Who Gets It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Rand Paul the Only One Who Gets It?

...Some conservatives are also threatening to vote against the measure because it would increase spending and add billions to the deficit.

Senate leaders had hoped to pass the bill early in the day but were forced to wait after Paul objected to the plan. The Kentucky Republican said Thursday evening he planned to force the Senate to wait until the early hours of Friday morning after the midnight deadline when funding expires when debate time would expire and the Senate would be allowed to override his objection.

"I'm not advocating for shutting down the government," Paul said in an interview on Fox News. "I'm also not advocating for keeping the damn thing open and borrowing a million dollars a minute."
    https://www.npr.org/2018/02/08/58432...wn-at-midnight

Unfortunately the bill will pass and wasteful government spending will go up yet again. But it's nice to see that we have one person fighting for fiscal responsibility. Or sad that there's only one (or a few)...
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Yes, Rand is about the only one. President Trump along with Repubs and Dems are not going to do anything to curb spending. Its going to have to get a lot worse before anything is done about it. Simple as that.

Comment

To be honest Trump made it perfectly clear he would engage in deficit spending to stimulate the US economy, during the campaign already.

The hope is that a growing economy might mitigate the effect somewhat, but with tax cuts on the one hand and a whole slew of spending to appease the democrats on the other, the result is predictable.

And then there's the Wall and his 1000 billion government investment plan.
      High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

...Is Rand Paul the Only One Who Gets It?...
        Seems like it.

Comment

Whats the debt load on the US today....over 20 Trillion ...ah dont woryy lads just print more phoney money....

Comment

Wonderful speech by Paul:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              To be honest Trump made it perfectly clear he would engage in deficit spending to stimulate the US economy, during the campaign already.

The hope is that a growing economy might mitigate the effect somewhat, but with tax cuts on the one hand and a whole slew of spending to appease the democrats on the other, the result is predictable.

And then there's the Wall and his 1000 billion government investment plan.
              Very predictable, especially when we've already been down this path with Obama. This is exactly why Trump's liberal past was concerning to me. Growing government and running up the debt is definitely not the answer.
              - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Heard Alabama's Mo Brooks very eloquently argue against this new budget last night. There are people out there who are concerned with mounting debt and what it can do to our economy. Paul Rand is hardly alone.
                I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                  Very predictable, especially when we've already been down this path with Obama. This is exactly why Trump's liberal past was concerning to me. Growing government and running up the debt is definitely not the answer.
                  I thought this was a misprint, and was doubly amazed to see you of all people concerned about it.
                  At all.
                  But then I saw the anti-Trump angle and it all became clear.

But I have to agree.
                  The Government is being grown at a 21% rate by this bill, which will wipe out any benefit to be gained by an improving economy.

THIS MUST BE STOPPED.
                  We need a Federal wage and hiring freeze, immediately.
                  All military contracts must be suspended and investigated for fraud and abuse, today.

And the GAO must be replaced with a whole new office with a staff built from the ground up with new hires from outside the beltway.

If tough love is what it takes to deal with a Drug Addict, then we need to be double-tough dealing with Govt Employees who think they are the new Aristocracy.
                  In the end, it may require a 50-foot Guillotine set up on the Mall, just to wake the morons up a little.
                  "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

I agree! Of all the Republican candidates Rand Paul was my favorite.
                    "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Weird, apparently I must spread some rep before giving tactikill more? I'm confused? When did I ever give him some before? Lol!
                      "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                        Whats the debt load on the US today....over 20 Trillion ...ah dont woryy lads just print more phoney money....
                        Check the public and private debt to GDP ratios here and notice that Canada (and many others) are on shakier fiscal ground than the USA;
                        http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Our previous POTUS signed off on doubling our Nation Debt during his eight years. While it's a trend hard to stop, hopefully the Deficit can be reduced and the increase slowed within the current term of Trump. Fingers-crossed.
                        http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Comment

I look at it this way
                          The only way Congress could provide the necessary funds for the military is to accept the Dem's demand for more domestic spending to appease their base. Of course there may be some of you that say the Republicans wanted to appease their base by increasing military spending. However, from what I have read and heard it was necessary in order to overhaul the deplorable condition that the military is in. Hell, I saw the problems back in the 70's when we went to sea with considerable hardware ticketed as Casrep, I can imagine what condition the equipment is in now with the unending requirements placed on personnel and equipment.
                          Just my $.02
                          Last edited by FTCS; 09 Feb 18, 16:17.
                          Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

While I can agree for the most part, our realistic options were only two. Clinton was sure bet to continue the trajectory of Obama, if not increase the rate of Deficit. Trump at least offered some variable and chance of eventual decrease, worse case being slightly less than would would occur with Clinton. Additional variable of where the deficit of spending might be focused.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                              Check the public and private debt to GDP ratios here and notice that Canada (and many others) are on shakier fiscal ground than the USA;
                              http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Our previous POTUS signed off on doubling our Nation Debt during his eight years. While it's a trend hard to stop, hopefully the Deficit can be reduced and the increase slowed within the current term of Trump. Fingers-crossed.
                              http://www.usdebtclock.org/
                              Yikes that's scary. Belgium is in almost congruent debt conditions to Greece.....
                              Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X