No announcement yet.

CNN has gone bananas and doesn't seem to care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN, like any media organization, is intent primarily upon its own survival. As such, it will do whatever it takes, including fabricate false news, in order to maintain ratings and continue in the business.

The standard tactic when caught it to claim that they were "misled by sources", thus diverting the blame.

Real journalism died with Viet Nam.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
      The anticipated cost of an expected appeal will often figure into the decision to settle a case.
      Appeals can be far more expensive than the trial.
      And... When you are a billionaire or a large corporation, the odds of a jury really being impartial don't strike me as being very good.
      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Yea, sure. What's the Progressive front going to do if she keels over dead (she's 85)? .
        No doubt they'd blame Trump....

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
          And... When you are a billionaire or a large corporation, the odds of a jury really being impartial don't strike me as being very good.

When I first started practicing I used to do a lot of work for an insurance company that deal with lots of claims from the poorer side of chicago.
          It was not unusual in auto accidents for claims of injury to be made by more people than were actually in the car at the time of the accident.
          Nevertheless, the major insurance company would pay a small amount of money on each claim just to be able to close the file and stop paying for attorneys to defend it.
          We called that "go away" money.
          Even though it was clearly fraud, it was cheaper to just pay them a small amount just to go away.
          Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X