Sancturary city battle heating up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sancturary city battle heating up

Seems the DoJ has issued 23 cities letters demanding records that show local law enforcement is complying with federal law and engaged in helping federal law enforcement or they risk having federal funds for crime prevention being withheld, and possibly even being sued to return previous grant monies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The mayors of these city's response is enlightening as to the Progressive mindset on this:

At a news conference after Landrieu announced the decision to call off the meeting, other prominent Democratic mayors, including Eric Garcetti of Los Angeles and Rahm Emanuel of Chicago, ripped Trump's crackdown on immigrants and defended their cities as safe places.
    "The idea that the president of the United States and the Justice Department would arrest anyone of us for believing in our ideals and carrying out the laws of our city, is wrong. Fundamentally wrong," Emanuel said.
    That last sentence says it all. It's their dogmatic and individual beliefs and ideals being challenged and where these run contrary to law, they should have the Right to simply ignore the law.
    Rahm Emanuel's statement is not just fundamentally wrong, it's defiance of the law wrong.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Seems the DoJ has issued 23 cities letters demanding records that show local law enforcement is complying with federal law and engaged in helping federal law enforcement or they risk having federal funds for crime prevention being withheld, and possibly even being sued to return previous grant monies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The mayors of these city's response is enlightening as to the Progressive mindset on this:

That last sentence says it all. It's their dogmatic and individual beliefs and ideals being challenged and where these run contrary to law, they should have the Right to simply ignore the law.
    Rahm Emanuel's statement is not just fundamentally wrong, it's defiance of the law wrong.
    Rahm was one of Obama's clique.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Landrieu has no business not complying. New Orleans is still a basket case and they need every dollar they can get. The city still demands the Louisiana State Police help them do their job. New Orleans is in Orleans Parish and they have a City Police and a Sheriff's Department to do Law Enforcement. The officers on the street are very underpaid and Corruption is legendary.

Landrieu needs a "come to Jesus" revelation.

I did not know there was a large illegal population in New Orleans to protect!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
        Landrieu has no business not complying. New Orleans is still a basket case and they need every dollar they can get. The city still demands the Louisiana State Police help them do their job. New Orleans is in Orleans Parish and they have a City Police and a Sheriff's Department to do Law Enforcement. The officers on the street are very underpaid and Corruption is legendary.

Pruitt
        Seeing as how illegals have swamped every other metropolitan area in the southern parts of the country to the point of busting at the seams, NO is the only one left untouched...so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
          Nobody cheered when Landrieu was introduced at the New Years Eve countdown. I wish he would get exposed with his corruption. I'd love it.
          I do not wish to have the slave emancipated because I love him, but because I hate his master."
          --Salmon P. Chase

Comment

Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
            Seeing as how illegals have swamped every other metropolitan area in the southern parts of the country to the point of busting at the seams, NO is the only one left untouched...so far.
            I thought illegals came here to get away from places like New Orleans...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Rahm was one of Obama's clique.
              I am of some suspicion that it was the other way around. Obama was, and remains, an empty suit, and possibly (probably) Chicago Political Machine puppet. It would explain a lot.

Tuebor

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                I thought illegals came here to get away from places like New Orleans...
                Really?
                I thought it would be just like home for most of them.
                "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
                  Really?
                  I thought it would be just like home for most of them.
                  That's why they don't go there...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X