Alan Dershowitz: Mueller headed toward “constitutional crisis.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deltapooh View Post
    I think the Obstruction of Justice will stem from Trump's handling of the Flynn firing, not his contemplation of firing Mueller. Specifically, it will be the issue of whether or not he asked Comey to back off of Flynn. If the conversation went like its been alleged, Trump is guilty of Obstruction. Whether or not Mueller could build such a case is very questionable since it would probably depend on Comey's credibility. I really don't think Mueller would seek an Indictment of the President on the testimony of "one cop".
    He'd be violating DOJ policy if he tried to indict POTUS for anything.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

It's like Trump gets elected, and all these otherwise intelligent and reasonable people suddenly forget everything they ever knew about the Constitution.

You have to Impeach, and Remove from Office, before you can Indict a sitting President. Bill Clinton was never Indicted for Perjury.....he was impeached, not removed from office, and that was the end of it.

But then, why wouldn't I expect an Officer and a Gentleman to be perfectly willing to violate the Constitution in pursuit of political means?
      Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

More panic and fear on the Trump legal team. I wonder what they're trying to hide.

If they had nothing to hide there wouldn't be all this lying, fear, and attempts to shift blame.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          More panic and fear on the Trump legal team. I wonder what they're trying to hide.

If they had nothing to hide there wouldn't be all this lying, fear, and attempts to shift blame.

Fake news... "according to people familiar with the matter."

Furthermore, that's what lawyers do. They apply legal precedents. This particular legal precedent says that Mueller can't delve into the President's decision-making process.
          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            He'd be violating DOJ policy if he tried to indict POTUS for anything.
            He's going to have to reconcile that with the evidence (if there is any) that Trump violated his Oath of Office and responsibilities as an employee of our institution. And the public is going to accept or reject it. Trump supporters seem to relying on the "Banana Republic" strategy. America has no democratic characteristics in the argument.

I think Mueller will consider other factors and realize indicting the President isn't in our national interest. Instead, he will present a report to Congress, and let them decide what the next step is. For Trump supporters, I don't see anything to worry about. Personally, I'll just be disturbed at what we've become and continue to teach my niece to be better.
            "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Accurate information is never his strong point.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
              Neither Nixon nor Clinton was indicted.

My worst jump story:
              My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
              As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
              No lie.

~
              "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
              -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

That sounds just like the DNC. WTF?

My worst jump story:
                No lie.

~
                -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I believe Trump's legal team is preparing for a full-frontal assault on the Trump Empire. Trump's history and persona of a shrewd businessman has led a lot of people to suspect wrongdoing. If Mueller Investigation yields evidence of improper behavior by aides and employees of Trump's businesses, the Justice Department and Congress will likely have to open up their own inquiry.

Trump is the first President with the financial resources to take on the US government . And its very possible that Trump's presidency could depend on how much he is willing to spend.
                  "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Funny how Jerry Brown can hire a legal team of forty lawyers to sue the federal government on meaningless liberal DemoGod lawsuits wasting federal and state tax money. Where is the outrage?

Originally posted by Deltapooh View Post
                    I believe Trump's legal team is preparing for a full-frontal assault on the Trump Empire. Trump's history and persona of a shrewd businessman has led a lot of people to suspect wrongdoing. If Mueller Investigation yields evidence of improper behavior by aides and employees of Trump's businesses, the Justice Department and Congress will likely have to open up their own inquiry.

Trump is the first President with the financial resources to take on the US government . And its very possible that Trump's presidency could depend on how much he is willing to spend.
                    My worst jump story:
                    No lie.

~
                    -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

But, if Mueller starts trying to pin anything and everything on Trump, no matter how far afield or petty, it will become a case of:

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                        Funny how Jerry Brown can hire a legal team of forty lawyers to sue the federal government on meaningless liberal DemoGod lawsuits wasting federal and state tax money. Where is the outrage?
                        Gov. moonbeam should be in jail at this very moment. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
                          Dug in a trench all in their feelings......Pretty much where most sides seem to be at this point.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X