Alan Dershowitz: Mueller headed toward “constitutional crisis.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Dershowitz: Mueller headed toward “constitutional crisis.”

Dershowitz: I Worry Mueller Is Going ‘Toward Obstruction of Justice and That Would Create a Constitutional Crisis’

by IAN HANCHETT 24 Jan 2018

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz stated he’s worried that Special Counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation is moving towards obstruction of justice, which “would create a constitutional crisis.”

Dershowitz said, “I worry that it’s toward obstruction of justice and that would create a constitutional crisis. If the president were to be charged with obstruction for simply exercising his constitutional authority, firing Comey, telling Comey not to investigate Flynn, those are all within the president’s constitutional authority. The other place it may be going is toward collusion. But collusion is not a crime. I would think that the special prosecutor should limit himself to matters that are criminal, and thusfar, I have not heard evidence to suggest that any crimes were committed in or near the Oval Office.”

[...]

[T]he great worry is that because he doesn’t have anything really, really substantial, he may go after obstruction of justice, which would create a constitutional crisis.”

[...]
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...tional-crisis/

If Mueller tried to charge or indict the President for obstruction of justice he would absolutely trigger a constitutional crisis and violate Department of Justice policy... Which should get him fired immediately.
    Date of Issuance:
    Monday, October 16, 2000
    Headnotes:

The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions.
    https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/...al-prosecution
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
    Dershowitz: I Worry Mueller Is Going ‘Toward Obstruction of Justice and That Would Create a Constitutional Crisis’

by IAN HANCHETT 24 Jan 2018

On Wednesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom,” Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz stated he’s worried that Special Counsel Bob Mueller’s investigation is moving towards obstruction of justice, which “would create a constitutional crisis.”

Dershowitz said, “I worry that it’s toward obstruction of justice and that would create a constitutional crisis. If the president were to be charged with obstruction for simply exercising his constitutional authority, firing Comey, telling Comey not to investigate Flynn, those are all within the president’s constitutional authority. The other place it may be going is toward collusion. But collusion is not a crime. I would think that the special prosecutor should limit himself to matters that are criminal, and thusfar, I have not heard evidence to suggest that any crimes were committed in or near the Oval Office.”

[...]

[T]he great worry is that because he doesn’t have anything really, really substantial, he may go after obstruction of justice, which would create a constitutional crisis.”

[...]
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...tional-crisis/

If Mueller tried to charge or indict the President for obstruction of justice he would absolutely trigger a constitutional crisis and violate Department of Justice policy... Which should get him fired immediately.
    Date of Issuance:
    Monday, October 16, 2000
    Headnotes:

The indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would unconstitutionally undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions.
    https://www.justice.gov/olc/opinion/...al-prosecution
    REALLY?

It was ok for Nixon and don't remember the GOP having a problem with Clinton. Have the rules changed again?
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Mr. Dershowitz likes expressing his opinions in front of a camera. To his credit, should any of his concerns come to fruition, The Donald would be wise to hire him.

Comment

Originally posted by III Corps View Post
        Mr. Dershowitz likes expressing his opinions in front of a camera. To his credit, should any of his concerns come to fruition, The Donald would be wise to hire him.
        Dershowitz would be even better as the special council, appointed to investigate the FBI, DOJ and IC... If he's not running for the Senate...

Why Alan Dershowitz Could Win a Senate Seat in N.J.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          REALLY?

It was ok for Nixon and don't remember the GOP having a problem with Clinton. Have the rules changed again?
          Neither Nixon nor Clinton was indicted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
            Neither Nixon nor Clinton was indicted.

Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Mueller can't indict Trump. He would be violating justice department rules if he were to try to do so.

https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/...304_story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Work_permit View Post
                Mueller can't indict Trump. He would be violating justice department rules if he were to try to do so.

https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/...304_story.html
                Do you ever get the feeling that Trump is the only person inside the Beltway who actually gets it?

Comment

Why are people impressed by stuffed shirts like Mueller and Comey. I have worked for half a dozen guys just like them and have to conclude they get their positions largely because they look like CEOs. Racism in this country isn't nearly as big a problem in terms of good management as monkeyism. Get rid of those prejudices and it would set the meritocracy free.
                  We hunt the hunters

Comment

Strange conclusion for the author to reach without a single shred of evidence to connect the dots.

Sounds like more crisis commentary to me, rather than reality.

Chicken Little must have lived in Washington.

Meanwhile, John Adams famously said, "One useless man is a shame, two is a lawyer, and three is a Congress."
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I will say I'm amazed at how the MSM thinks hearsay about the Trump tried to fire Mueller thing has become solid evidence that Trump is doomed. That's just pathetic. They're so desperate to get rid of Trump. It's like being a passenger on the Titanic and shooting your way onto a lifeboat. Nobody's going to like you for doing it and most likely you'll end up hitting yourself in the foot.

Comment

Dershowitz might be right. Trump is his own worst enemy and the dumbass might have opened his big mouth once too often:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                          REALLY?

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules: We're the Trump administration.

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Strange conclusion for the author to reach without a single shred of evidence to connect the dots.

Sounds like more crisis commentary to me, rather than reality.

Chicken Little must have lived in Washington.

Meanwhile, John Adams famously said, "One useless man is a shame, two is a lawyer, and three is a Congress."
                            The word used was 'disgrace'; not shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                              Dershowitz might be right. Trump is his own worst enemy and the dumbass might have opened his big mouth once too often:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
                              Trump might be a troll, but Useless News Today is grasping at straws at this point. The whole Mueller fired thing is a He-said, She-said, sort of gossip mill at the moment. It is completely inadmissible unless named witnesses come forward and I'd say Mueller would need more than just their word to make any serious move on that information.

Like I said, the MSM is grasping at any straw in their desperation to get Trump out of office.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X