X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowshoveler
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    Liberals believe Africans are incapable of doing anything but be liberal.
    If they get out of step you have to beat them back in-line
    Going by the politics of Black power groups like BLM(They're here in Canada too)and the Black Panthers being anything but a leftie isn't being a proud Black person.
    Good for those that they call Oreo's or Uncle Toms who don't subscribe to that ideology they usually succeed and don't live the never ending victim mentality lifestyle.
    Other races and groups have been discriminated against and have moved on like the Japanese in North America during WW2 Black people can't though and White liberals and lefties "helping" them hasn't helped them much at all wherever Black people live.
    Last edited by Snowshoveler; 24 Jan 18, 21:53.

Leave a comment:

• The Exorcist
    replied
    Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
    I guess we'll never know so long as the US kills everyone they don't like.

Hey, for your own sake, you'd better hope that the US does not start killing people who hate it.
    Know what I mean, Tovarisch?

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by asterix View Post
    Oh please, it's not so difficult to put two and two together is it?

Yes, that's what they always do...blame other nations (Europe mostly) for some kind of false Neo-Colonialism claim whenever something doesn't go their way. Then when you suggest that they might rather the Chinese they claim you're abandoning them....either way the "racists" card is played.

Like I said, the older generation remembers the time when things were a little more stable. Nowhere did I say that colonialism was a good thing, but hearing some of them remarking on that fact when western education says it was all bad...I imagine the truth can lie somewhere in the middle.

...or it could strengthen it. Uganda does something that would be deemed as counter productive vis-a-vis US relations, such as the vote you mention, then her president kisses *ss with statement agreeing with Trump. Like I stated earlier, Uganda is #4 in US monetary aid (or other goods) in Africa, they don't want to jeopardize this.

Not going to disagree with that. In fact, I wish they'd be more proactive about it instead of electing tin-pot tyrants then blaming outsider for all their ills....that would be nice for a change.
    Liberals believe Africans are incapable of doing anything but be liberal.
    If they get out of step you have to beat them back in-line

Leave a comment:

• Tuck's Luck
    replied
    Trump is right. Most African countries are shitholes.

I give as an example Kenya. A former British colony.

The poor of Kenya are being ravaged by an horrific blight known as 'jiggers'. These are sand fleas that lay eggs in human skin - most commonly the feet - as most Kenyans cannot afford to own shoes - but also legs, hands, arms and genital areas.

The effects of these fleas are horrific. Pain, itching, discomfort, lack of sleep, inability to walk after time, exclusion from school, and eventually mutilation of toes, feet, fingers etc. and ultimately, if left untreated long enough - death.

This is happening now, in 2018 - some 2 million people are living like this with a further 10 million under threat.

I personally find it almost unbelievable that this is happening - it's not a difficult condition to treat - it requires basic cleanliness and hygiene practises and the ability to remove or kill the first 'flea' once infestation starts - but as so many Kenyans live in abject poverty with limited water supply and owning an object sharp enough to cut the 'jigger' out or any kind of medication with which to combats beyond their means.

Don't want to hijack the thread but could you blame any Kenyan for wanting to get out of this hellhole?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...n-SCALPEL.html

Leave a comment:

• asterix
    replied

The US has engaged in terror, some of our allies have engaged in terror, that is not why Gadaffi was taken out.

Blowing up an airline out of the sky (Pan-Am 103) is a good way to get yourself on the "don't like" list.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Interesting you bring up Libya. It was Muammar Gaddafi of Libya who had brought up the proposal of Pan-African Union/Confederation/whatever after his Pan-Arab quest went nowhere. He actually had some interesting proposals for Africa, envisioning complete economic and resource independence from western nations, including economic aid. Imteresting theory, but if you want complete independence from outside influence, then you should be prepared to reject all aid destined for you.

Unfortunately, for Gadaffi, he was also a tyrant and a dictator who also engaged in world terrorism. Africa will be great one day, when the people of several nations realize that their worst enemies are in fact their own leaders.

The US has engaged in terror, some of our allies have engaged in terror, that is not why Gadaffi was taken out.

Leave a comment:

• asterix
    replied

Because we've already been through this in previous threads. Libya would be an example of an African nation trying to move out from under the control and influence of the US and we stopped that dead in its track.
    Interesting you bring up Libya. It was Muammar Gaddafi of Libya who had brought up the proposal of Pan-African Union/Confederation/whatever after his Pan-Arab quest went nowhere. He actually had some interesting proposals for Africa, envisioning complete economic and resource independence from western nations, including economic aid. Imteresting theory, but if you want complete independence from outside influence, then you should be prepared to reject all aid destined for you.

Unfortunately, for Gadaffi, he was also a tyrant and a dictator who also engaged in world terrorism. Africa will be great one day, when the people of several nations realize that their worst enemies are in fact their own leaders.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Originally posted by Nichols View Post
    The slavery piece was only one claim that I asked you to back up:
    Right, but we're not talking about slavery?

You still haven't.
    Because we've already been through this in previous threads. Libya would be an example of an African nation trying to move out from under the control and influence of the US and we stopped that dead in its track. Meanwhile the amount of corrupt leaders we back are boundless.

Here is another claim that I asked you to back up:
    You claim to know more, so why wouldn't I want your opinion? Tell it...

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Make that two people "schmuck". I too would like to know where it is I stated that colonialism or proposed a new form of colonialism on this thread. Going to have to side with Nichols on this one....

.......Tacti, you're putting words in our mouths.

Believe me, I was just as perplexed as the next non-African when I had heard there were some individuals or small groups of people who had it better under colonialism. Because maybe they were of a certain ethnic/tribal group? Because they found a way to benefit from said colonial system...not because they liked it but discovered how to make it more advantageous to themselves? A certain class of people, or maybe even a person who was born from union between a white man and a African woman (which happened a WHOLE LOT). Who knows? This was over 50-60 years ago. For some of the "preferred" peoples, they had better education, access to better health care, better schools for their children, better chances at anything else than many of their other African counterparts...who knows!

All I'm saying is this is what several people (again - older generation) told me, and given their circumstances or their background at the time...I think I can understand what they were saying. Mind you, having it better under colonial rule doesn't mean they endorsed either...nor did I for that matter.
    Generally speaking, the admin class of clerks, administrators, teachers and other indigenous people under colonialism was better. They had decent jobs, albeit under colonial superiors, had a certain prestige in their own society, and enjoyed many of the fruits of being at the hub of a colonial government.

We have to remember that the old truism is true beyond doubt: "the colonial powers made the trains run on time", and built schools, hospitals, road networks, banks, businesses and an entire infrastructure, aimed primarily at themselves, but there to be used nevertheless.

How many people know that the British once had a railroad all the way from Pakistan and India, through the Khyber Pass, through Afghanistan and well into the Middle East, to facilitate trade, travel and movement? That Africa was once connected by road and rail networks of European standard. That India is still using railroads built by the British?

A visitor to Africa might have a hard time reconciling the decayed, disused and abandoned road networks, dilapidated schools, poor hospitals and long-gone rail networks and lack of functioning infrastructure with the standards built and maintained by the colonial powers.

Although the liberated colonies are loath to admit it, they lived better under the colonial powers that they currently do, because the colonials insisted on a higher standard of living for themselves, and built it.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    You asked me to provide proof of my claim about slavery, I did, now you're saying we're not discussing slavery.
    The slavery piece was only one claim that I asked you to back up:

Speaking on a subject you know nothing about....can you back up your claim that more than a few liked slavery? I don't doubt it but it would be nice for you to back up something for once.
    Note that I said "I don't doubt it" but for some reason you decided to go off the deep end.

This is another claim that I asked you to back up:

The US is only interested in keeping people in power that they can control. The US will deter uprisings against corrupt dictators and kill off anyone who would attempt to remove their country from underneath the foot of America. The US will not allow positive change to occur in that continent if it's not in their interest. So until the US stops meddling, not much will change.
    You still haven't.

Here is another claim that I asked you to back up:

Either way, colonialism was simply unacceptable and not the answer. Not surprised you're defending it though.
    Still haven't backed up how I'm defending colonialism.

Here is another claim I asked you to back up:

Ok you speak for all Africans then.
    Still haven't backed up where I said I speak for all Africans.

If this is how you're going to act, I'll call you what you are.
    Again TactiKill J...read the forum rules, it doesn't matter how you feel...you can't call people schmucks or an idiot in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    Oh...dear sweet TactiKill J.....

You provided nothing regarding this thread. We are talking about Africa, not slavery in the US.

You claim that statements made by members here that actually lived in Africa are wrong.

You make false claims against others.

You resort to calling me a schmuck.

Do some traveling outside of Western PA or at least talk to and listen to people about their experiences outside of their mother's basement.
    You asked me to provide proof of my claim about slavery, I did, now you're saying we're not discussing slavery. If this is how you're going to act, I'll call you what you are.

Bearing in mind, I never disagreed with the notion that there are those who felt things were better in Africa under colonialism. I'm sure that's true because there were house negros who spoke glowingly of slavery. My point is, it doesn't matter because they don't rule out the vast majority who were against it and didn't feel things were better.

Leave a comment:

• asterix
    replied

Make that two people "schmuck". I too would like to know where it is I stated that colonialism or proposed a new form of colonialism on this thread. Going to have to side with Nichols on this one....

.......Tacti, you're putting words in our mouths.

Believe me, I was just as perplexed as the next non-African when I had heard there were some individuals or small groups of people who had it better under colonialism. Because maybe they were of a certain ethnic/tribal group? Because they found a way to benefit from said colonial system...not because they liked it but discovered how to make it more advantageous to themselves? A certain class of people, or maybe even a person who was born from union between a white man and a African woman (which happened a WHOLE LOT). Who knows? This was over 50-60 years ago. For some of the "preferred" peoples, they had better education, access to better health care, better schools for their children, better chances at anything else than many of their other African counterparts...who knows!

All I'm saying is this is what several people (again - older generation) told me, and given their circumstances or their background at the time...I think I can understand what they were saying. Mind you, having it better under colonial rule doesn't mean they endorsed either...nor did I for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    I backed my statements with a government source, you've offered no valid proof of anything and refuse to answer simple questions.
    Oh...dear sweet TactiKill J.....

You provided nothing regarding this thread. We are talking about Africa, not slavery in the US.

You claim that statements made by members here that actually lived in Africa are wrong.

You make false claims against others.

Do some traveling outside of Western PA or at least talk to and listen to people about their experiences outside of their mother's basement.

Leave a comment:

• TactiKill J.
    replied
    You are the ignorant one here, you resort to name calling. You post opinions as facts. You never back up anything that you say.

It's about time for you to get out and do some traveling.
    I backed my statements with a government source, you've offered no valid proof of anything and refuse to answer simple questions.

Leave a comment:

• Nichols
    replied
    You really don't like answering questions that would expose your ignorance. How convenient.
    You are the ignorant one here, you resort to name calling. You post opinions as facts. You never back up anything that you say.

It's about time for you to get out and do some traveling.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X