President of Uganda, “Why I Love Trump“

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    What uprisings has the US "deterred" in Africa?
    You may recall, our last intervention was in support of an uprising, but admittedly that was a huge mistake.

Do you really think that the US is the problem in Africa rather than the corrupt governments that actually run the nations in question?
    Or are you just trying to be funny?
    African countries haven't done much to stop corruption when Africans vote for a President they intend on having them in power for a long time which helps their leaders to become corrupt since the voters aren't interested in voting in a new government each election to stop government abuse and corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
      Oh so that's all it takes now, is for another schmuck
      Why the personal attack?

Read the forum rules.

to come along and agree with what was said for it to be considered fact? The minority who enjoyed oppression does not override the majority who didn't. If you want to claim it was a majority then you'll need better proof than 'I agree'.
      Two people talking about experiences that they had while living in Africa. Yes, that is valid, nowhere did we say they enjoyed oppression...another attempt by you to make things up with no foundation in facts.

Either way, colonialism was simply unacceptable and not the answer. Not surprised you're defending it though.
      You have no clue as to what is acceptable or unacceptable in Africa, you're applying your limited knowledge and painting a broad stroke.

Again, stop lying, nowhere did I defend colonialism.....
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Ok you speak for all Africans then. So is colonialism acceptable there or not?
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Ok you speak for all Africans then. So is colonialism acceptable there or not?
          Where did I say I speak for all Africans.....

You really have issues.....
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            Where did I say I speak for all Africans.....

You really have issues.....
            You really don't like answering questions that would expose your ignorance. How convenient.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You really don't like answering questions that would expose your ignorance. How convenient.
              You are the ignorant one here, you resort to name calling. You post opinions as facts. You never back up anything that you say.

It's about time for you to get out and do some traveling.

Comment

You are the ignorant one here, you resort to name calling. You post opinions as facts. You never back up anything that you say.

It's about time for you to get out and do some traveling.
                I backed my statements with a government source, you've offered no valid proof of anything and refuse to answer simple questions.
                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I backed my statements with a government source, you've offered no valid proof of anything and refuse to answer simple questions.
                  Oh...dear sweet TactiKill J.....

You provided nothing regarding this thread. We are talking about Africa, not slavery in the US.

You claim that statements made by members here that actually lived in Africa are wrong.

You make false claims against others.

You resort to calling me a schmuck.

Do some traveling outside of Western PA or at least talk to and listen to people about their experiences outside of their mother's basement.

Comment

Make that two people "schmuck". I too would like to know where it is I stated that colonialism or proposed a new form of colonialism on this thread. Going to have to side with Nichols on this one....

.......Tacti, you're putting words in our mouths.

Believe me, I was just as perplexed as the next non-African when I had heard there were some individuals or small groups of people who had it better under colonialism. Because maybe they were of a certain ethnic/tribal group? Because they found a way to benefit from said colonial system...not because they liked it but discovered how to make it more advantageous to themselves? A certain class of people, or maybe even a person who was born from union between a white man and a African woman (which happened a WHOLE LOT). Who knows? This was over 50-60 years ago. For some of the "preferred" peoples, they had better education, access to better health care, better schools for their children, better chances at anything else than many of their other African counterparts...who knows!

All I'm saying is this is what several people (again - older generation) told me, and given their circumstances or their background at the time...I think I can understand what they were saying. Mind you, having it better under colonial rule doesn't mean they endorsed either...nor did I for that matter.
                    You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Oh...dear sweet TactiKill J.....

You provided nothing regarding this thread. We are talking about Africa, not slavery in the US.

You claim that statements made by members here that actually lived in Africa are wrong.

You make false claims against others.

Do some traveling outside of Western PA or at least talk to and listen to people about their experiences outside of their mother's basement.
                      You asked me to provide proof of my claim about slavery, I did, now you're saying we're not discussing slavery. If this is how you're going to act, I'll call you what you are.

Bearing in mind, I never disagreed with the notion that there are those who felt things were better in Africa under colonialism. I'm sure that's true because there were house negros who spoke glowingly of slavery. My point is, it doesn't matter because they don't rule out the vast majority who were against it and didn't feel things were better.
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You asked me to provide proof of my claim about slavery, I did, now you're saying we're not discussing slavery.
                        The slavery piece was only one claim that I asked you to back up:

Speaking on a subject you know nothing about....can you back up your claim that more than a few liked slavery? I don't doubt it but it would be nice for you to back up something for once.
                        Note that I said "I don't doubt it" but for some reason you decided to go off the deep end.

This is another claim that I asked you to back up:

The US is only interested in keeping people in power that they can control. The US will deter uprisings against corrupt dictators and kill off anyone who would attempt to remove their country from underneath the foot of America. The US will not allow positive change to occur in that continent if it's not in their interest. So until the US stops meddling, not much will change.
                        You still haven't.

Here is another claim that I asked you to back up:

Either way, colonialism was simply unacceptable and not the answer. Not surprised you're defending it though.
                        Still haven't backed up how I'm defending colonialism.

Here is another claim I asked you to back up:

Ok you speak for all Africans then.
                        Still haven't backed up where I said I speak for all Africans.

If this is how you're going to act, I'll call you what you are.
                        Again TactiKill J...read the forum rules, it doesn't matter how you feel...you can't call people schmucks or an idiot in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                          Make that two people "schmuck". I too would like to know where it is I stated that colonialism or proposed a new form of colonialism on this thread. Going to have to side with Nichols on this one....

.......Tacti, you're putting words in our mouths.

Believe me, I was just as perplexed as the next non-African when I had heard there were some individuals or small groups of people who had it better under colonialism. Because maybe they were of a certain ethnic/tribal group? Because they found a way to benefit from said colonial system...not because they liked it but discovered how to make it more advantageous to themselves? A certain class of people, or maybe even a person who was born from union between a white man and a African woman (which happened a WHOLE LOT). Who knows? This was over 50-60 years ago. For some of the "preferred" peoples, they had better education, access to better health care, better schools for their children, better chances at anything else than many of their other African counterparts...who knows!

All I'm saying is this is what several people (again - older generation) told me, and given their circumstances or their background at the time...I think I can understand what they were saying. Mind you, having it better under colonial rule doesn't mean they endorsed either...nor did I for that matter.
                          Generally speaking, the admin class of clerks, administrators, teachers and other indigenous people under colonialism was better. They had decent jobs, albeit under colonial superiors, had a certain prestige in their own society, and enjoyed many of the fruits of being at the hub of a colonial government.

We have to remember that the old truism is true beyond doubt: "the colonial powers made the trains run on time", and built schools, hospitals, road networks, banks, businesses and an entire infrastructure, aimed primarily at themselves, but there to be used nevertheless.

How many people know that the British once had a railroad all the way from Pakistan and India, through the Khyber Pass, through Afghanistan and well into the Middle East, to facilitate trade, travel and movement? That Africa was once connected by road and rail networks of European standard. That India is still using railroads built by the British?

A visitor to Africa might have a hard time reconciling the decayed, disused and abandoned road networks, dilapidated schools, poor hospitals and long-gone rail networks and lack of functioning infrastructure with the standards built and maintained by the colonial powers.

Although the liberated colonies are loath to admit it, they lived better under the colonial powers that they currently do, because the colonials insisted on a higher standard of living for themselves, and built it.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

The slavery piece was only one claim that I asked you to back up:
                            Right, but we're not talking about slavery?

You still haven't.
                            Because we've already been through this in previous threads. Libya would be an example of an African nation trying to move out from under the control and influence of the US and we stopped that dead in its track. Meanwhile the amount of corrupt leaders we back are boundless.

Here is another claim that I asked you to back up:
                            You claim to know more, so why wouldn't I want your opinion? Tell it...
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Because we've already been through this in previous threads. Libya would be an example of an African nation trying to move out from under the control and influence of the US and we stopped that dead in its track.
                              Interesting you bring up Libya. It was Muammar Gaddafi of Libya who had brought up the proposal of Pan-African Union/Confederation/whatever after his Pan-Arab quest went nowhere. He actually had some interesting proposals for Africa, envisioning complete economic and resource independence from western nations, including economic aid. Imteresting theory, but if you want complete independence from outside influence, then you should be prepared to reject all aid destined for you.

Unfortunately, for Gadaffi, he was also a tyrant and a dictator who also engaged in world terrorism. Africa will be great one day, when the people of several nations realize that their worst enemies are in fact their own leaders.
                              You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                                Interesting you bring up Libya. It was Muammar Gaddafi of Libya who had brought up the proposal of Pan-African Union/Confederation/whatever after his Pan-Arab quest went nowhere. He actually had some interesting proposals for Africa, envisioning complete economic and resource independence from western nations, including economic aid. Imteresting theory, but if you want complete independence from outside influence, then you should be prepared to reject all aid destined for you.

Unfortunately, for Gadaffi, he was also a tyrant and a dictator who also engaged in world terrorism. Africa will be great one day, when the people of several nations realize that their worst enemies are in fact their own leaders.
                                I guess we'll never know so long as the US kills everyone they don't like.

The US has engaged in terror, some of our allies have engaged in terror, that is not why Gadaffi was taken out.
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X