Google Gulag going down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karri View Post
    ACG is a social network in a way. You're pretty well kept track of anyways...unless you use TOR/VPNs/something similar(and even then its possible). Internet is pretty much all about marketing in its current iteration. Big data and all that. Personally I don't really care since the data they get from me is quite useless; can't even remember when I last bought anything based on marketing. They can direct all the ads in the world to my screen and it wont have any effect...just waiting for that bubble to burst tbh.
    Me? I periodically do useless repetitive searches for stuff I'll never buy just to screw with those systems. That gets you adds for weird stuff that are sometimes funny. For instance, right now it keeps giving me ones for rubber galoshes, like I'd ever need those in Arizona...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Me? I periodically do useless repetitive searches for stuff I'll never buy just to screw with those systems. That gets you adds for weird stuff that are sometimes funny. For instance, right now it keeps giving me ones for rubber galoshes, like I'd ever need those in Arizona...
      Maybe they know something you don't?
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Maybe they know something you don't?
        Impending rise of the oceans maybe...?

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
          Gamers are really getting ticked at youtube for demonetizing them arbitrarily. Does the game that your channel have violence? No money for you. Most of them are moving to Twitch from what I understand. It's a shame that Twitch requires you to sign up with facebook, which I loath.
          I did not use facebook for twitch

Comment

got to be ready for those Flash Floods

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
              I did not use facebook for twitch
              So when I tried to sign up that was the sole option, please enlighten me on how to do it without facebook.
              Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

So when I tried to sign up that was the sole option, please enlighten me on how to do it without facebook.
                Don't sign up. If you do, you have yielded to the Evil Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Don't sign up. If you do, you have yielded to the Evil Empire.
                  I'm not signing up for facebook.
                  Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

I wonder how long it will take for this economic model to collapse. More and more money used on advertising that doesn't sell anything; that no one even views. Newspapers, radio and television are practically goners in that sense already so I dunno what happens next...probably return of door-to-door Internet Advertisers.

"Hey, we noticed you've been searching for galoshes, just so happens we were nearby with a collection of galoshes, rubber or not, on sale..."
                    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                      I wonder how long it will take for this economic model to collapse. More and more money used on advertising that doesn't sell anything; that no one even views. Newspapers, radio and television are practically goners in that sense already so I dunno what happens next...probably return of door-to-door Internet Advertisers.

"Hey, we noticed you've been searching for galoshes, just so happens we were nearby with a collection of galoshes, rubber or not, on sale..."
                      My second degree was an MBA in marketing with input from genuine mad men from J Walter Thompson. I have never knowingly bought due to advertisements although I find the Internet very useful in finding things I need at the right price. Perhaps my early education vaccinated me?
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Comment

I'm not signing up for facebook.
                          That's the spirit!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X