Google Gulag going down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Gulag going down.

Google now resembles an adult daycare center where mentally disturbed women terrorize the few people doing real work. Google has not done much of anything, in terms of tech, once it gained a near monopoly of on-line advertising.

The reason Susan Wojcicki can wage endless jihad at a money losing division like YouTube is, it is owned by an oligopolist given a special right to skim from every internet user on earth. Google is now a tax farmer, not a tech company.
    http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=12578

And now there was this lawsuit against Google -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAPbiGwUlU

Now, if you want the entire Lawsuit read out, word for word, here is the page of record;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDU...st=WL&index=35

I am a little surprised it only takes half an hour.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Gamers are really getting ticked at youtube for demonetizing them arbitrarily. Does the game that your channel have violence? No money for you. Most of them are moving to Twitch from what I understand. It's a shame that Twitch requires you to sign up with facebook, which I loath.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      Gamers are really getting ticked at youtube for demonetizing them arbitrarily. Does the game that your channel have violence? No money for you. Most of them are moving to Twitch from what I understand. It's a shame that Twitch requires you to sign up with facebook, which I loath.
      Until they drop that, I ain't looking.
      "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

And, at some point it will end badly, just as it did for George Pullman...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullman_Strike

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
          Until they drop that, I ain't looking.
          You don't have to signup with Facebook, but Twitch is a cesspool.

If people hate YT so much they should come up with a replacement. Good luck getting ad revenue on content advertisers already said they don't want their ads on.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

The advertisers didn't mind until that whole scandal because of ISIS. They still don't mind advertising on channels that have 'appropriate' violence and language.....hence they'll advertise before rated R movies and on Cable TV.

YouTube just went batshit insane with their censorship of anything and everything that's not My Little Pony levels of appropriateness for all audiences.
            Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4 View Post
              The advertisers didn't mind until that whole scandal because of ISIS. They still don't mind advertising on channels that have 'appropriate' violence and language.....hence they'll advertise before rated R movies and on Cable TV.

YouTube just went batshit insane with their censorship of anything and everything that's not My Little Pony levels of appropriateness for all audiences.
              My Little Pony is a favorite of pervs...

http://www.torontostandard.com/the-s...y-little-pony/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/popca...movie/2805503/

Oookkkaaayyy...

Comment

Remember when Henry Ford decided he would look into every detail of his employees lives? There seems to be a certain unavoidable disconnect with reality that effects the rich and powerful. George Soros also comes to mind, he is one really messed up dude. For most people reality keeps smacking them in the face.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  Remember when Henry Ford decided he would look into every detail of his employees lives? There seems to be a certain unavoidable disconnect with reality that effects the rich and powerful. George Soros also comes to mind, he is one really messed up dude. For most people reality keeps smacking them in the face.
                  Someone close to the US comes to mind.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                    If people hate YT so much they should come up with a replacement. .
                    Vimeo.

Comment

I distrust all so-called "social networks'. I will not use them. Does that make me a non-entity in the rarified world of internet? Is it possible to actually exist internetionally without using things like facebook, twitter, yadayadayada? Just how am I limited?
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                        I distrust all so-called "social networks'. I will not use them. Does that make me a non-entity in the rarified world of internet? Is it possible to actually exist internetionally without using things like facebook, twitter, yadayadayada? Just how am I limited?
                        HAM Radio?

Tuebor

Comment

Actually, I used to do quite a bit of that whilst in the navy. There are limitations to that, however.
                          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

ACG is a social network in a way. You're pretty well kept track of anyways...unless you use TOR/VPNs/something similar(and even then its possible). Internet is pretty much all about marketing in its current iteration. Big data and all that. Personally I don't really care since the data they get from me is quite useless; can't even remember when I last bought anything based on marketing. They can direct all the ads in the world to my screen and it wont have any effect...just waiting for that bubble to burst tbh.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

You are not limited. If anything, you have more actual freedom than those addicted to the social media.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X